LordOfTheBorg

The Quest To Rename The Moon

Should We Rename the Moon "bob"?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Rename the Moon "bob"?

• YES!!!!!!!
    • NO!!!!!!!!
    • OTHER!!!

I thought the moon's name was "Luna"...hence,Lunar.

I already call the planets and stars whatever I like.

I have never acknowledged the right of a select few to name objects I view as belonging to everyone and no one at the same time.

For instance I call the constellation "Orion" Jackie Robinson.It looks more like a man about to swing for a homer than a man trying to kill a lion to me,anyway.

Bah, i've never heard of it called Luna, therefore i am correct and you are all wrong!!! (J/k!!)

353638[/snapback]

I think they say it on an episode of Star Trek :lol:

To answer the question, NO.

nah, I wouldn't like a moon named Bob. Could you imagine all of the names of our favorite classic songs being changed?!! Instead of "Blue Moon" it would be "Blue Bob"!

or instead of "There's a moon out tonight" it would be "There's a Bob out tonight"! :inlove:

It's Luna, silly, where do you think we get the word Lunatic from? People who are affected by Luna, a.k.a the Moon. :inlove: :lol:

Yes, Luna is the moon's name. Does anyone know the sun's name (I'm sure most people know it).

It's...

Click For Spoiler

I call it the moon or Luna.  Officially, it's recognized as Luna, end of discussion. :inlove:

353637[/snapback]

Tada, exactly what I was going to post.. :lol: Honestly, yes it is called Luna.. people just basically call it the moon. Luna was the Roman goddess of the Moon (Her Greek equivalent was Selene).

Sol is the name of our sun (for the Roman Sun God, Sol. Helios was his Greek equivalent)

NO! name the sun Bob

353881[/snapback]

:lol: Bob? :P That has a nice name. Or, how about Spock? Or Kirk? :inlove:

only if bob is short for mary...

whats mary short for i hear you asking....

it because she's got no legs!!!! <_< :veryangry::dude:

Well, I read this thread only to see if someone came up with a good name for the moon.

Did you get the name 'Bob' from the guy who named New Earth 'Planet Bob' in

"Titan. AE. "

How about we call the Sun "Me" then everyone could say "The Earth does indeed revolve around me" :dude:

Brilliant.

I say other... I would like to rename the moon... but not Bob. I hate that name.

To note...

The sun is named Sol.

The other name for Earth is also known as Terra.

The moon is named Luna.

The names are fine as they are right now and we shouldn't change them.

I think they say it on an episode of Star Trek :borg2:

They do in DS9's season 6 episode "Valiant", Jake calls it "the Moon" and Cadet Dorian Collins corrects him and tells him that only people that have never been to Luna still call it "the Moon".

I think they say it on an episode of Star Trek :borg2:

They do in DS9's season 6 episode "Valiant", Jake calls it "the Moon" and Cadet Dorian Collins corrects him and tells him that only people that have never been to Luna still call it "the Moon".

You've got that backwards, Jake calls it Luna since it techincally isn't "the Moon" anymore since there are many moons in the galaxy.

I think they say it on an episode of Star Trek <_<

You've got that backwards, Jake calls it Luna since it techincally isn't "the Moon" anymore since there are many moons in the galaxy.

That's right, he calls it Luna and she says "Anyone that's lived on the Moon doesn't call it Luna, that's just something they say on Earth."

That's not one of my favorite episodes but I knew one of them called it Luna lol.