Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kor37

Kor's Log

For my momentous 501st post, I thought I would start a log like many of you have here. I've been a member here for quite some time. I used to spend all of my time here in the chatroom but have started posting about 5 months ago. A little about me. I'm married and have a son. I own my own business and mostly work out of my house which is why I'm in here so much....lol.

One of the biggest things going on with me lately is the dentist. I have an irrational fear of dentists so I haven't gone in quite some time. 2 weeks ago I broke a tooth so I had to go. First, he put in a temporary filling---$140. The next week I went back so he could really fix the tooth. He knew I was nervous so he gassed me up with nitrous oxide. I found out a very important thing while he was drilling. I'm immune to nitrous oxide. That stuff didn't do anything for me. The dentist was shocked and asked me if I breathed it all in. I got deja-vu to "Spectre Of The Gun" when Scotty had the same problem with Spock's gas bomb. Kirk asks Scotty..." Did you breathe it all in?" and Scotty replies "Aye Captain.....deeply!". So that how I answered the dentist's question...lol. Cost of that visit---$365. The next week he did a check up on the rest of my mouth. Lo and behold, I have 2 cavities and I need my wisdom teeth removed!!! Next week he will fix the cavities. Since nitrous didn't work on me, he gave a prescription for valium :wow: We'll see how that stuff works!

I had my top two wisdom teeth taken out about three years ago. They had the needle in my arm and gased me be it did little good, I felt it all and knew what was going on. the only thought in my mind was what it would feel like with out the drugs. :blink:

But yeah, I had them taken out because my mouth was sore because of them being there. My bottom wisdom teeth never grew in and they said it didn't look like they were going to. I think I was about 19 years old when I had my teeth taken out, don't want to go through that again lol.

I must be really lucky.

Or have lots of wisdom :blink:

Mine have never come in. and at my age do not think they will.

probably not. Not everyone has wisdom teeth, lucky :lol: Getting them pulled out isn't fun. It was so bad, it didn't even hurt when they were stiching me up. That was a cake walk compared to have them actually taken out. The only fear I have now is if I ever have to get my tonsils taken out, that fear still haunts me :blink:

I'll take tonsils over wisdom teeth any day. I had my tonsils out when I was 6 and all I remember of it was that I got to eat lots of ice cream...lol

Hey stop that still got everything i was born with plus. No yanking tonsil stories.

What a day today!...I taught a martial arts class this morning and got a huge bruise on my leg while sparring. When I got home, I get a call from one of my delivery people who wants to quit because she is "burned out". For those of you who don't already know, I own a distribution company. We distribute newspapers,magazines and other stuff to stores and homes. Our hours are crazy but short. We work 7 days a week and start at 3:00 am in the morning. Thats the bad part. The good part is that we are usually done by 6:00 am. For these 3-4 hours a day, my delivery people usually make as much or more than people working 40 hours a week. I convinced the lady that wants to quit to hang around til I can find someone else. I'm hoping she rethinks and stays on. Meanwhile, in the next 2 weeks, I got 2 people going in to the hospital for various surgeries so I gotta figure out how to cover that. This may come down to me having to do actual physical work !!! lol....I'm sure I'll figure out a way to avoid that.....I hope!

I absolutely HATE Fridays. No TGIF for me. Yesterday, I worked from 2:00 am until 6:00 pm. Friday is a big day for us because we have to prepare everything for the huge Sunday deliverys. So I spend Friday sitting in a warehouse mostly babysitting my crew til they are done.

I have to run a help-wanted ad on Monday to try to replace this lady who is quitting because she is "burned out". Apparently making $500 a week working only 21 hours is way too much for her.

Not looking forward to Tuesday. I have to go back to the dentist to get 2 cavities fixed. Since I was immune to nitrous oxide last time, hes giving me valium this time.

Today is pretty good so far. I had to keep my office open until noon. All of my guys did a great job today. My big project today will be to fix this small hole that appeared on the side of my pool. Its almost time to open the pool for the summer!!!.

Got a call from my "burned out " employee today. Shes decided to wait until July to leave. That was great news. Gives me plenty of time to find a replacement. This day is getting better and better!. Plus....my pool is fixed and ready to go !

Kor I hope you dont get offended by this, but I thought you were young, Like teen-age young , I am shocked to hear you have a kid and are married, but its cool.

I prefer to think of myself not as old....more like.......experienced......yeah.....thats it!

I turned my car over to the painter to be repainted (The same car in my sig) over a month and a half ago and little progress has been made. I gotta get on this guy to finish or there won't be any cruising for me this summer!

Kor isn't old... his just... I can't think of anything nice to say really.

319356[/snapback]

What does age have to do with anything?

And I thought we weren't to refer to members in such a manner on the PL's. :angry:

I think I need to go to the rules for clarification. <_<

Hey, hey, hey... I stopped before I said anything... I know when not to put my foot in my mouth, and since Kor and I have knowen each other for so long that some times we make fun of one and other, but he's much better at it then I am.

I only asked because I was reminded of such by a mod recently, thus why I'm wondering.

As for clarification, this is what the rules say:

No discussing issues that you are having with other members of the board.

No discussing of any disagreements with the MOD team.

No discussing of any actions taken by the MOD team.

No discussion of anything that could be construed to be discriminatory due to any person or group due to race, religion, sex, or any other form of discrimination.

Doesn't sound like a disagreement then,!! :angry:

Insult away!!! <_< :hmmm: :angry:

Oh wait, that age thing again, falls under discrimination. :o

Hey, hey, hey... I stpped before I said anything... I know when not to put my foot in my mouth, and since Kor and I have knowen each other for so long that some times we make fun of one and other, but he's much better at it then I am.

319370[/snapback]

Yes, I've seen the insults amongst the guys on that other thread, "say something about the person above you', so I know there was friendly kidding on the boards.

:wink2:

Picard doesn't mean anything. I think of him just like a son........in a Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker sort of way.......lol

Picard doesn't mean anything. I think of him just like a son........in a Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker sort of way.......lol

319375[/snapback]

:angry:

So you are insinuating he is a nobody? <_<

Yeah... his evil, and I'm good... but I don't understand some of the jokes he gets me with thoe.

I am soooo pissed off!. I just went up to the painter's place to check on the progress of my car. It seems to me that in the 6 weeks that hes had it, all he has managed to do is remove the spoiler....He and I are gonna have words......

must be taking it for a joyride all the time, I would call somebody esle budy thats a bunch of garbage about your car

You know how everybody loves Fridays?...TGIF and all that?....not me...I Love Mondays!...Its the slowest day of the week for me. I hardly have any work to do so I just kick back all day and do personal stuff around the house. So far today, I got up at my usual time, 2:00 am, went to my warehouse to make sure all of my guys showed up for work, was back home by 4:30 am, posted some stuff on here, took a nap from 6:00 am til 8:30 am, took care of some customer complaints on the phone and now I'm basically free for the day.........sigh...........I love Mondays!