Sign in to follow this  
MeeMaw

Does anyone else do this?

It only happens in the winter, but on dark, snowy nights when I'm driving down the street, I imagine the snowflakes are stars whizzing by me at warp speed. :blink: I'm the captain of my own Enterprize taking ambasidors (sp) to a distant planet. It's even better out in the middle of no where and there aren't any city lights to take away the 'zooming' effect of the lights on the snowflakes. It is so cool. My kids swear I'm nuts. They won't let me play 'captain' when they're in the car. :) That's okay, I play captain when they're not in the car. Does anyone else do something that's "Trekish"?

Katy

It only happens in the winter, but on dark, snowy nights when I'm driving down the street, I imagine the snowflakes are stars whizzing by me at warp speed. :blink:  ...Does anyone else do something that's "Trekish"?

Katy

When I did drive in snow I was usually too busy praying to think of much else.

However, I do refer to my seatbelts as inertial dampeners and my a/c as life support. My life support is currently offline.

LOL its like that star trek.net commerical of the guy driving in his wagon with his kidz thinking in his head of a captains log entry....

:) I have lived in the south all of my adult life, so i rarely get to drive in snow, but my husband told me he has done just that too. So, you are not alone. :blink:

The last time I drove thru the snow A cloaked Klingon ship hit me with a disrupter,my car spun madly out of control and I ended up crashing on the planet known as "A Ditch". It took me about an hour in the frozen wasteland to get power back up and get the car back on the road.

We don't get snow (coastal California) but I have been known to drive down the freeway at warp speed in my shuttlecraft (Ford van).

Well, I live in the frozen north, too, but I've never done the snowflake thing. But I'll definitely try it next winter! (In between the praying and gasping when I'm sliding into a ditch/snowbank like I did last winter. I don't mind snow, but I HATE ICE!)

My biggest Trekkie habit (God help me) is talking to characters in situations. You know - the boss comes and tells you that you're not even being considered for a raise this year, no matter how much you've done for your office. How am I going to act about it? Cool, calm and collected like Dax, Odo, Data, or Spock? Wildly, angrily, and loudly like Worf or Kira? Purely emotionally like McCoy or Bashir? I can just hear their voices in my head sometimes when situations like this come along.

(And in this particular situation, it was Spock on the outside, and Worf on the inside. :rolleyes: )

I have Star Trek fantasies all the time. If I'm cleaning house it's because we're trapped on a primitive planet and having to live like the natives. While I'm driving to work, I imagine that whichever characters I happen to be obsessed with at the moment are riding with me and we have conversations. Sometimes Spock wants to drive but there's no way I'd let him. Traffic is way to illogical on the freeways around here. :rolleyes:

I also come up with stories in my head, but don't have the courage to share them with anyone.

I'm a notorious daydreamer! I think up all sorts of stories and episodes and interesing ideas - one of these days I'll write them down :rolleyes:

I have Star Trek fantasies all the time.  If I'm cleaning house it's because we're trapped on a primitive planet and having to live like the natives.  While I'm driving to work, I imagine that whichever characters I happen to be obsessed with at the moment are riding with me and we have conversations.  Sometimes Spock wants to drive but there's no way I'd let him.  Traffic is way to illogical on the freeways around here.  :rolleyes:

I also come up with stories in my head, but don't have the courage to share them with anyone.

Same here :rolleyes:

Except, I don't drive (I ride my bike, I'm, only 15) :rolleyes:

I have done some of the things listed on this thread but mostly I am a Hugh Trek catch phrase-quoter, my most recent favorite; Don't be so vain.

I've never driven in snow, but it sounds like fun.  :rolleyes:

NEVER!!!!!where do you live. you dont know what your missing. the snow is great i love to drive in it, except with others that have no clue how to drive in it. although i honestly never had any trek daydreams while driving around in it, or anyother weather.

It only happens in the winter, but on dark, snowy nights when I'm driving down the street, I imagine the snowflakes are stars whizzing by me at warp speed. :rolleyes:  I'm the captain of my own Enterprize taking ambasidors (sp) to a distant planet.  It's even better out in the middle of no where and there aren't any city lights to take away the 'zooming' effect of the lights on the snowflakes. It is so cool.  My kids swear I'm nuts.  They won't let me play 'captain' when they're in the car. :rolleyes:  That's okay, I play captain when they're not in the car.  Does anyone else do something that's "Trekish"?

Katy

Its not just you, I do that too! I mean, not the driving part, my parents do that, but I imagine the snowfalkes are stars and stuff, its really cool! We get lots of snow up here, and I do it all the time lol

I always use my imangenation in the car as I have about a 30min drive to get to work and as I work 3rd It does look like a star scape outside but this last year the weather was bad and I has to pay attention to the road but do think alot about star trek I am an idea man if I could find somebody to write my ideas I bet it would make a good book.

I'm always thinking of star trek or my fanfiction not just in the car..

But I always am finding things that remind me of star trek... example I went to Carl's Jr. the other day and they gave us our number well the number was 31 so I right away thought of Section 31... My mom thinks I'm nuts... B)

When I lived in Wisconsin, I did the same thing only I called it driving through an ion storm. Now that I'm older (physically, not mentally), I created a cd that plays the internal sound of a starship. The engines rumble along with the occassional warp jump and various other sfx and voices and every now and then a battle. Almost as if you are hearing the internal workings of the starship. Needless to say I can only play the cd when I'm alone in the car since no one else I ride with appreciates being inside a Federation ship. But when I'm alone and driving to work or home, it's off to Omicron Beta III or where ever my imagination wants to take me. At times it beats the cookie cutter station on the FM dial but I can't convince my kids of that. Oh well.

When I lived in Wisconsin, I did the same thing only I called it driving through an ion storm. Now that I'm older (physically, not mentally), I created a cd that plays the internal sound of a starship. The engines rumble along with the occassional warp jump and various other sfx and voices and every now and then a battle. Almost as if you are hearing the internal workings of the starship. Needless to say I can only play the cd when I'm alone in the car since no one else I ride with appreciates being inside a Federation ship. But when I'm alone and driving to work or home, it's off to Omicron Beta III or where ever my imagination wants to take me. At times it beats the cookie cutter station on the FM dial but I can't convince my kids of that. Oh well.

Well, I daydream about Star Trek a lot. And to tell you the truth, I also do "assimilate" people at my work from time to time.... :borg: :borg:

No, I have never done that.

:bow:

You are not weird; I just never thought of anything like that.

Usually when it snows, I pray that I'm not skidding off the road.

:lol:

When I was younger I'd pretend that Scotty was my bicycle. He and I would have some great adventures....okay, so Im crazy..so?

We don't get snow (coastal California) but I have been known to drive down the freeway at warp speed in my shuttlecraft (Ford van).

HEY! INDY WATCHOUT FOR THE SKY PATROL. THEY ARE LOOKING FOR WARPERS LIKE YOU!

I DO THE SAME IN MY CAR. MAYBE SOME SNOW HERE IN THE WINTER. BUT I DO LIKE TO LOOK AT THE STARS AT NIGHT AND DREAM. I GUESS IT'S JUST A TREKKIE THING. :rolleyes:;) :) :lol:

When I did drive in snow I was usually too busy praying to think of much else. 

However, I do refer to my seatbelts as inertial dampeners and my a/c as life support.  My life support is currently offline.

35360[/snapback]

I'd think when it's snowing your life support would be the heat, not the a/c :laugh:

I know how you all feel. I never thought I'd scream at someone driving 5 mph to "Slow down, ya maniac!!!" :laugh: My personal favorite is a nice solid sheet of ice with a layer of snow on top. Now that's when I start praying. :laugh:

I was just talking to RC about this the other day. I have done this since I first started driving. I had figured that I was the only person that had ever done this.