Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Creativity Poll

Are you an artist, writer or some other type of artiste?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are you an artist, writer or some other type of artiste?

• I write stories - long and/or short
    • I write poetry
    • I can draw/paint/etc
    • I make pictures using software on my computer
    • More than one - explain

I was just wondering about the creativity of our members. Personally, I write fan fiction and I also use Photoshop to express my creativity.

What are your creative outlets?

:nono: none of the above i am totally crap at anything like that i dont have a creative bone in my body...nah i am pretty good with graphics but it takes a lot of work and i always end up with about 20 un-finished projects :nono:

-Dancer (Irish step, ballet & jazz),

-musician (clarinet, and working on guitar. Wish I could get a hold of an oboe, bass clarinet and/or a marimba... I love those instruments and would like to play them.)

-artist (drawing, and Photoshop work predominantly; but I have worked with oils, pastels, watercolor, etc), I miss doing ceramics(painting and firing mainly) a lot.

-did acting in middle & high school and auditioned a couple times for local dinner theaters,

-I like to sing and have during music jobs and was in chorus in elementary school(though I do not think I am that good at it. I like singing in other languages a lot)

-writing ( have at least started working on a script, and a story or two..never got very far though. I seem to like to write lab reports and research papers more than fiction)

-I choreographed dance/gymnastics routines in the past. And still choreograph for fun from time to time.

-I guess gardening could count as creativity..maybe. Though the last few years I have not gardened much

-needlepoint, cross stitich & sewing (not that great at it, though)..used to know how to crochet and knit, but I have not done that since I was little.

-I like doing photography, and get to do more now that I have a digital camera of my own.

There is something I am leaving off, I know it...but cannot think of it right now, if I remember it I will add it here.

I've tried writing but haven't gotten very far. I'm pretty good at business writing but the creative isn't as easy.

I can crochet - I just started a new project tonight. I can also sew - which is becoming a lost art. I made a little cinderella very happy - far more time and detail than a Halloween costume requires but the smile made it all worthwhile.

I've never been one for creative writing. I've been more drawn to other forms of artistic expression. Such as a few of the pics I've put up and the video's I've done.

My best artistic talent is photography, but I am also a writer.

I like to doctor pictures of my coworkers during slow times on the job. It's fun, but I think the UPS driver will try and run me down with his truck when he sees the pictures I did of him lately! :nono::nono: :blush 2:

I do a bit of all those. I write short stories. I write poetry. I like to sketch. And I've made several images using computer software.

I also do 3D animation, and I sing.

Computer graphics, nature photography, scrapbooking, plaster casting (pregnant belly casts), belly dancing, done some painting and sketching but not as often as I did as a teenager. Used to do origami but I don't think I'd remember how to make much anymore it's been so long. If I think of anything else I'll post it later.

- I write stories - long andshort .

- I write poetry.

- I can draw/paint/etc.

- I make pictures using software on my computer.

- I can sew/etc.

- I like doing photography.

:nono:

Edited by 3 of 7

Origami?

281990[/snapback]

o·ri·ga·mi ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ôr-gäm)

n. pl. o·ri·ga·mis

The art or process, originating in Japan, of folding paper into shapes representing flowers and birds, for example.

A decorative object made by folding paper.

crane.jpg

I used to know how to make all sorts of things but I havn't tried in years.

I write all kinds of fictional prose. Fanfiction, short stories, novels... writing these is one thing I love best (and am good at! :nono: ). In actuality, I can write pretty much anything, be it school papers, or posts, or whatever, but I am best at fiction.

I have been working on a book for the past four years. I draw and paint. Write poetry and short stories.

I'm actually both. An artist and a writer. I don't use paints for the pictures I create but use sound instead. My pallette is my mixing board and audio computer. My colors are voices, sound effects, and music tracks. My brushes are my mics and speakers. Using all of these I can create soundscapes and pictures that video and the camera could never touch. I'm also a writer. I write scripts and commercial spots and love to write radio drama when I have the chance. I also write the occassional technical piece for other audio engineers. Like an artist that uses canvas and paints, my sound pictures are limited only by my imaginataion and what I can make you think you're hearing. With a picture or video, your input in limited by what the creator of the picture wants you to see. But with sound the hum of a refridgerator becomes the hum of starship engines. The shaking of a piece of cloth becomes the flapping of wings. The sound of rain falling could also be the sound of bacon frying. I can make you see things in your minds eye that can be the stuff of dreams using nothing but the sounds of household appliances. So I consider myself an artist that dabbles in writing as well.

I write Star Wars fanfiction stories, play the piano a little bit, do some computer graphics, some nature photography, some embroidery (mostly cross-stitch), and I like interior decorating. I think that's about it. :congrats:

None of the above. I'm your music man. Play Piano and Violin. Sing in three choirs. Can play the pipe organ, bagpipes, and a little tiny bit of viola. Besides that, I can't do anything else creative. Everything else is esoteric and tangential.

I said more than one, but it was in the past. I have not been artistic for many years....I have been scientific.

But I used to write poetry. As a senior in high school, one of my poems was published in an annual publication of stories and poems published by the English department.

I used to draw in pencil, charcoal, or chalk, and paint in water colors. I don't do that anymore, and have trouble sketching graphs.

And I used to write stories.

Everything stopped after I went to college. I even stopped playing the clarinet, and now I can't remember how to hold my mouth. It could be my artistic/creative side went dormant.

During college and highschool I loved drawing in charcoal, stippling, ink, pastels and crayons. Loved printing especially etching and screen printing.

But like other people, now I only get creative when I am stressed or say stuff it to the piles of work and take time off to draw.

Every now and then I embroider, cross stitch or do tapestry. Have begun to get interested in quilting. Creating free quilt designs with silk painting and using other skills like embroidery tweek my interest. My sewing skills are woeful though.

Play guitar but again woefully.

Like creating tasks for the kids to do in class using their technology skills and creativity.

I write fan fiction (only NC-17 FF, though :frusty: ), mostly Star Trek TNG, but I have also written an X Men-related FF. :look:

I've been writing such stories for quite some time and it seems I cannot stop it anymore. :look::look:

I do have my own Mostly Trek Website with over 500 Photoshop images lol I think thats as Creative as I have gotten in the last year. I draw sometimes when I have time.

http://deepspaceone.fotopic.net/

I m trying to get back to doing online Rpg's Star Trek or Star Wars again I just havent found one I have been confortable with yet.

I have a very creative imagination, I can right stories that are so out-of-this-world! From a very young child I was always making things, from cardboard car-parks for my brother to paper parrots to loo-roll hamsters. :clap:

I LOVE art and anything that links to it. I love traditonal painting and drawing, as well as computer graphics. I can use Photoshop and Illustrator, I can illustrate on the computer using graphic pens.

Creative is my middle name, guys! :clap:

Well, I write short stories (though none so far that can be posted here), and I play around with MS Paint alot. Sometimes I combine working with like Y! Avatars and MS Paint and come up with some goofy stuff. I also MS-painted my own Avatar here. I took a picture of me from just below the chest up and cut and pasted Janeway's uniform from Nemesis to me.