Rivendells_king

Are you A ST.com refugee?

Were you a ST.com refugee?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Were you a ST.com refugee?

• Yes
    • No
    • Other

Just wondering it fells like I am the only remainder of the great migration of old and it makes me fell like I am part of a forgoten past that nobody remembers.

Yes I am a ST.com refugee I came over during the 2nd to last day before the lounge link closed at startrek.com.

I joined ST.com near the end of Feb. 2003, and joined here on March 22, 2003 near midnight(so when DST is in effect it will say I joined 3/23/03). I have gone back only once or twice to see if there was anything interesting, but not much there at least IMO.

So I guess I can be counted as a ST.com refugee.. I did not really post there much

Most of the people here that joined in the first several months are refugees of ST.COM. I made the site as a refuge from all the spam and hate that was going on over there.

I've never posted at ST.com. I think I joined when I heard what it was like over there from here.

wow I did not know that most of you people were actually St.com refugees! Probally because I only was their 6-10 pm my time and I was only thier for a year.

I was... Star Trek Fan told me about STF. Horrible. Sometimes when this board is offline for maintenance, I go back and find the most useless and rhetorical disscussion over really random stuff.

I'm surprised they're still there. They're talking about "hellfire" torpedoes from some random website with doctored FC pics where the quantum torps are green...

They have absolutely no idea what Trek really means.

Yeah, I am an ST.com refugee. I was not there for long, but while I was, I did not enjoy it as much, and find it much better here.

Yeah, my reign of the StarTrek.com chat room [Starfleet Lounge] was between the dates of 25 December 2003 and 8 January 2004.

There, I was known by the name of: doctorwho42avenger.

I joined just after its supposed end and the Great Migration began, but then I realized that it was still alive (for awhile..) when Admiral Barclay provided a link to the “olde lounge”.

I like it much better here now though. :P :sly:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

I am not st.com refegee. From the horror stories that I got from the members it looks like I won't be a member any time soon.

Yep i was ST.com lounge rat but i like to think that i escaped from that place then that i am a refugee. :sly:

I followed a link to here that was posted in one of the message boards by "truefan" (I think that's the name he used). I found out later that he's one of the Mods here!

I left their boards because of all the spamming, flaming, and general rudeness there.

I started posting here in April of 2003 because I ran into VBG out there on ST.com and he was offering an alternative.

That place was awful ... we get a little riled up over here, yes, and sometimes I'm sure that I have ticked some of you off, but it is nothing compared to the hateful things folks would say to each other over there. It got so personal between some of them it was embarrassing to read.

Once I joined over here, I never went to the ST.com message boards again. Not even to look.

I voted no i am not because i have never been there in my life and after the storys i have heard about that place i am glad i never did :sly:

My online Trek experiences began at st.com but I wasn't part of this years big exodus to STFs. I joined st.com late Oct 02 then I followed a link VBG posted there in Feb 03.

I think I joined but I never posted there and I only lurked once or twice. I've heard way too many horror stories to ever go there.

I think that I looked in there at times for information,or was sent information from people who'd seen things there, throughout the years; but ,as for posting, I don't *think *that I ever did. Sometimes I'll join a site if it's necessary, to do so , inorder to hear or participate in an interview or to vote or whatever. Otherwise, nope, not a *regular*.

Heron

Edited by Heron

I joined in March 2003 after posting several times at ST.com and received abuse from a group of spammers resident there at the time who rendered almost all the threads there as void.

After joining here I found the conversation much better in that the members could discuss different points of view without it turning into an arguement everytime.

I dunno if I can take all the credit cause some one showed me this site, but I was the main protester that made people move her, purely for the barely used chat room. I am glad we all joined this heaven on earth, as I have made some wonderful friends. Ktrek, RC, Daniel (For gods sakes boy, when are you gonna talk to me?)Bones88, ddillard. A lot of people I am glad I know, and few I am not so glad. but rough with the smooth.

I am indeed a refugee from StarTrek.com. In spite of all the negative comments some of you have posted about it, I do miss it a lot. Its main attraction was that there was never less than 20 people in the room. Sometimes, there were so many people, alternate Lounges had to be made to accommadate everyone. That is the main thing I miss. Although there were spammers and some rude people, at least chat was constantly going on in there. I enjoy this site too except for the fact that hardly any of you go into the chatroom. There are exceptions of course, but most of the time the chatroom here only has a few people in it that like to lurk rather than chat.

Hey, anyone ever hear from that NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY NUDIY guy?  :lol:

281586[/snapback]

who?

Just a guy who liked to post that message over and over again in the old startrek.com chat room. If you never met him that is a good thing.

Actually I messed up. He said NUDITY. I left out the T.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

I am from the old lounge. I kinda liked it .It was fun,noone riding you all the time..

no polotics..We just plain attacked all the spammers back.

It indeed was horrible at the end.people were fighting eachother.much like it is here, thats why i don't post that often ..too much politics