Cougar

Do you believe in reincarnation?

Do you believe in reincarnation  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe in reincarnation

• Yes
    • No
    • I never thought about this

I voted no, but I won't know what (if anything) is on "the other side" until I get there.

I believe that we will be sent to heaven if you're a born-again Christian, but since you wouldn't approve I won't go further in respect for you all. But I don't consider that reincarnation. We are ourselves when we go up there.

Reincarnation? No, I don't believe in it. Never have. Never will.

I do, however, believe in an afterlife. It's either heaven or hell. For me, its heaven, not because I'm a good guy, or have done good things, or even because I attend church:: to be truthful, I haven' t attended church regularly in quite some time:: It is because I asked Jesus into my heart to be my Lord and Savior. :laugh:

Don't I believe in reincarnation. I will respect those who do believe in it.

Edited by Odie

I can't say yes or no, because I'm not sure. And I can't answer 'I haven't given it any thought" because I've given it lots of though.

At present, I guess I could say that I believe in partial reincarnation.

No, I don't. I believe our life on Earth has a specific purpose and reincarnation simply serves no function in that purpose. I do believe in an afterlife - and part of the "purpose" for this life is to prepare us for the eternities.

No i dont belive in it and never will but also there is no real way to prove it even if it was possible,but people who do belive in it will not hear anything bad from me its up to them as long as they dont try to make me belive :laugh:

Yes I believe in reincarnation. I do not believe in heaven or hell, what I believe is that your soul floats about for a time, on a different plain of exsistance for so long and then they have the chance to obtain another life as a different person, even species. I find it hard to believe that there are only two places where a person's soul can go, heaven for the good ones and hell for the bad ones, I find this rather hard to believe because no one is only good or evil, everyone is in between I know that some people say that there are truly evil people out there in the world but....no one is truly evil, just a little lost. I am not saying that I do not believe in God, I am still debating that one, I know that there is something out there that gives us our plains of existance and such but I think that something could be plural instead of singular. Nothing is set to go to one place or another because of their deeds in life, because even saints are human and by nature human beings are flawed and therefor a heaven and hell would prove an ineffective afterlife sorter in my eyes because everyone is neutral and you can't be that and go to heaven or hell, thus you wonder on a different plain of exsistance for so many years before you have the choice to continue to wonder or live another life. That is just my belief, please don't kill me for it.

Edited by enigmatic_mystery

Yes I believe in reincarnation. I do not believe in heaven or hell, what I believe is that your soul floats about for a time, on a different plain of exsistance for so long and then they have the chance to obtain another life as a different person, even species. I find it hard to believe that there are only two places where a person's soul can go, heaven for the good ones and hell for the bad ones, I find this rather hard to believe because no one is only good or evil, everyone is in between I know that some people say that there are truly evil people out there in the world but....no one is truly evil, just a little lost,,,,

Not everyone that believes in God believes in the either or concept of Heaven or Hell and I've taken flak for this as well. I believe only those that love God and seek to follow Him will live in His presence, but the remainder will still experience resurrection - they will just not return to the presence of God. That means everyone will be reunited with their own body in its perfect form and will receive other "rewards" - but they will not return to the presence of God.

To quote myself...

I can't say yes or no, because I'm not sure. And I can't answer 'I haven't given it any thought" because I've given it lots of though.

At present, I guess I could say that I believe in partial reincarnation.

273068[/snapback]

I felt that that was a little vague, so I've decided explain myself.

I believe that there is an force surrounding this planet, much like the magnetic field, only made up of the psychic energy that souls are made from. Every time something is born or sprouts, whether animal, vegetable, or even fungi, a little of the psychic energy goes into it. When the life-form dies, the energy goes back to this force (I call it a force for lack of a better term). A specific life-form's energy, upon death and returning to this force, will disperse itself throughout the force, kind of like a drop of dye in a bucket of water. Eventually, some of the energy, but not all, will go into a new life-form.

IMO, that would explain why some people can recall past lives, but only fragments. They can only recall part of a past life because only part of that prior energy is withing them.

Which, of course, indicates that the energy can retain memory, even after the death of the entity. Hence, partial reincarnation.

Edited by wishfire

Wishfire,

When you use the image of the magenetic field - I have the image of a force surrounding the planet above the atmosphere. Is that what you meant regarding this psychic force? If so, why would that force stay with the planet - why couldn't it travel into space?

Can two different people get remnants of the same past life memory so that two people could remember the same person? :( scary concept

I'm just asking questions because you've been making some interesting posts today? :laugh: I'm enjoying the discussions.

I do not believe in reincarnation and I hope that it doesn't exist. I couldn't stand another lifetime in THIS universe. An alternate dimension, okay, but not THIS one. ><;

And even if there was reincarnation somehow, how would anyone ever know? If we'd remember it, we'd know...

I Hope Reincarnation exists even if it can't be proven Scientifically at the present time although i did read in a Book somewhere that supposedly we have one Soul but many Lifetimes but we don't have any memory of it.

:P :frusty::laugh: :huh:

Wishfire,

When you use the image of the magenetic field - I have the image of a force surrounding the planet above the atmosphere.  Is that what you meant regarding this psychic force?  If so, why would that force stay with the planet - why couldn't it travel into space?

Can two different people get remnants of the same past life memory so that two people could remember the same person? :frusty: scary concept

I'm just asking questions because you've been making some interesting posts today?  :laugh:  I'm enjoying the discussions.

273423[/snapback]

Sorry, UH, I haven't been paying much attention to this thread.

The magnetic field idea was nothing more than an example. I don't believe that any force, magnetic, gravitational, even spiritual, can leave this planet. I think it's all connected somehow.

And before you ask "How can someone's soul (or psychic energy) return to Earth," I think that most likely the psychic energy produced by this planet connects intself to anyone/anything born here. Kinda like the string of a kite.

Edited by wishfire