Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STARTREKFANS.NET Convention 2004

103 members have voted

1. 1. STARTREKFANS.NET Convention 2004

• Yes, I will be there.
    • Maybe, I really want to.
    • No, I already know I can't.

Hey that price even though it is just an estimate ("It's only a model.."-Monty Python heehee!), does not look too bad...unless that price and airfare skyrockets by next year you can definately count me in...

Remember, that price is based on making the reservations yourself!

If you become part of the "Group Package" VBG hopes to put together, the price falls dramatically! ;)

That price is a lot better then I thought it would be. ;) Hmmmmm.......maybe I can pull this off after all. Let me think about this a bit.

Question.....can I bring my husband?

Sure you can!! I'm sure he'll have a great time. It IS Vegas after all so there will be lots of things to do if he doesn't want to do Trek stuff.

Sure you can!!  I'm sure he'll have a great time.  It IS Vegas after all so there will be lots of things to do if he doesn't want to do Trek stuff.

Sweet! 1037816576.gif

VBG, you can cound Me and My hubbie as a "coming for sure" He will gamble and i will be getting into trouble with my sisters ;) :devil:

Right now I am a strong maybe. If the pricing and timing is right, I should be able to pull it off, as long as nothing goes sour between now and then. I really want to be there.

VBG, you can cound Me and My hubbie as a "coming for sure" He will gamble and i will be getting into trouble with my sisters  :D  :devil:

and unless I meet someone... I will be by myself.....

And of course, Lessa....we gotta cause trouble..that is just our style... :devil: :D;) Naw, we Soong Sisters, are just way too innocent! B) :(

:innocent:  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

I SOOOOOOOOO WISH I COULD!!!!

I've never been to a convention before but I'm only 16 and my parents would never let me go to Vegas by myself to meet people I met online.  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

DOH! Just take lots of pictures and post them on the site.

I'm sad now. Lol.

Same....well, while there all in Vegas, we can mope on this site, k?

i had to go with the maybe, i would love to go but it all depends if i get a job, and some money by then, then if i can get the time, then the big thing, MY WIFE HATES ANYTHING TREK, AND SCIFI. but we both always wanted to go to VEGAS, so maybe i can use the cheaper group rate to entice her, we'll see. but it sounds like a lotta fun, oh yeah and june 04 will be my 7th anniversery, better yet.

:laugh:  :dude:  :dude:  :lol:  :D  :(

I've never been to a convention before but I'm only 16 and my parents would never let me go to Vegas by myself to meet people I met online.  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

I'm sad now. Lol.

I am a mother of children older than you, so you could tell your mum i will "look after you " if she would let you go( providing i have the funds to make the trip myself). I am willing to provide name,address etc if needed. Or better still why don't you convince your parents to come with you. There would be plenty for them to do while you are at the con, i'm sure. Make it a family holiday.

Well Vegas isn't that far and it is a year away so that gives some planning so I'll keep it in mind. come to think of it, I was hoping to make a Trek convention here in AZ at sometime (I'm not sure when the next one is) So Vegas would be cool.

Last time I was there I got really lit in Quarks bar and the lady bar tender even comped us a number of drinks. A very good time yeah!

Well. Im in Ireland so that would be a big trip for me. Know what I mean? 

Sorry to hear that, would ahve loved to have heard a cool Irish accent at the CON, we'll miss ya!

Well. Im in Ireland so that would be a big trip for me. Know what I mean? 

Sorry to hear that, would ahve loved to have heard a cool Irish accent at the CON, we'll miss ya!

Being part Irish myself, yeah it would have been cool to hear that accent..

I really, really wish I could go! Alas, my family thinks Trekkies are obsessive freaks! Sigh... Yes, like the guy said... TAKE LOTS OF PICTURES!!!! :laugh:

I have family in CA... Hmm... Maybe we could "stop by" for the convention on the way to seeing them? I can't stand them but this would be worth it! :bow:

I would really love to go, it could be a family vacation/reunion for me and mine. LOL they have always wanted to go too vegas but not too into gambling, more into the roller coasters and Star Trek Experience LOL ok thanks for teh heads up, I might be able to pull this off for a few of my extended families and friends. Heheheh I am so excited lol. I will star saving now.

:)  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

I'm sad now. Lol.

Same....well, while there all in Vegas, we can mope on this site, k?

Hey, mind if I join you two moping around here? I've been dropping not too subtle hints to my parents about Las Vegas for about a year, and it doesn't look too promising...

I might able to go in three years when I'm 18. :)

My sister says by then she'll have joined this board and maybe she'll go with me. :) That would work out well.

My sister says by then she'll have joined this board and maybe she'll go with me.  :) That would work out well.

You could bring your sister even if she doesn't join the board. Family and friends can come if you "sponsor" them (not sure how that works yet)

I chose maybe, but it is unlikely as i live in the Uk and that will be one expensive trip... but it is a year away yet so maybe i will be able to save enough by then and make a holiday of it!

I chose maybe, but it is unlikely as i live in the Uk and that will be one expensive trip... but it is a year away yet so maybe i will be able to save enough by then and make a holiday of it!

That would be great, and like I said someplace before. I plan on making a vacation myself. Visit the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam and maybe get out to California while I'm there.

That would be great, and like I said someplace before. I plan on making a vacation myself. Visit the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam and maybe get out to California while I'm there.

Just can't resist the opportunity to make me jealous, can you?

I will be stowing away in VBG's luggage.......j/k

LOL well anyone that wants to do these things also would be welcome to go with me.

LOL well anyone that wants to do these things also would be welcome to go with me.

I'd be careful if I were you, you might end up with a hundred people following you for a week.

I'd be careful if I were you, you might end up with a hundred people following you for a week.

LOL

Sounds like fun to me.