Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STARTREKFANS.NET Convention 2004

103 members have voted

1. 1. STARTREKFANS.NET Convention 2004

• Yes, I will be there.
    • Maybe, I really want to.
    • No, I already know I can't.

Answer me this.  How much would it cost to fly from the East Coast and back?  How much would it cost too attend?

The east coast is a big place and airfares can change greatly from one city to another. I flew out of Duram, NC to Nashville, TN a couple years ago and it cost me about $150. Had I flown out of Norfolk, Va it would have been $350. Same airline same destination, same dates and times. Big price difference, and only about 250 to 300 miles apart for the airports.

To get an idea on airfares from your area you'd have to check with different airlines. I suggest starting Here.

As for other costs, this is all in the planning stage and no pricing information has been obtained yet. It will be posted when it's available.

I looked at June for me would be around $299, but then I moved it back to Oct., since that is further away timewise, and I could have probably gotten the promotional fare(whatever that is) which is around $148....so any way you cut it everyone will have to try and save up for the trip...which is what I definately am planning on doing!

I looked at June for me would be around $299, but then I moved it back to Oct., since that is further away timewise, and I could have probably gotten the promotional fare(whatever that is) which is around $148....so any way you cut it everyone will have to try and save up for the trip...which is what I definately am planning on doing!

HEY, MY BIRTHDAYS IN OCTOBER, MAYBE I CAN USE THAT AS LEVERAGE WITH THE BALL AND CHAIN. :martok: I MEAN WIFE. :angry:

I also plan on talking to a travel agency and see if we can get some package deals. If everyone uses the agency we may get a good discount.

I also plan on talking to a travel agency and see if we can get some package deals. If everyone uses the agency we may get a good discount.

I am game, just let me know how to contact the agency when you get some more information.

May I suggest approaching travel agents that have global affiliations. We have Uniglobe Travel and Carlson Wagonlit in Canada and they are world-wide as well.

DOH! Just take lots of pictures and post them on the site.

I agree..many many pics.

May I suggest approaching travel agents that have global affiliations. We have Uniglobe Travel and Carlson Wagonlit in Canada and they are world-wide as well.

That would be a good idea considering the diversity that we have here.

That would be a good idea considering the diversity that we have here.

I agree!

I PLAN TO GO. VBG YOU WILL HAVE TO HELP ME FIND OUT ABOUT THE TOTAL COST ON THIS TRIP. I'M IN SC,I CAN GO OUT OF GREENVILLE/SPARTENBURG AIRPORT, NEAREST LARGE AIRPORT IS ALANTA GA. HOTEL COST, AND CONVENTION COST ALSO WHEN WILL IT BE?

I PLAN TO GO. VBG YOU WILL HAVE TO HELP ME FIND OUT ABOUT THE TOTAL COST ON THIS TRIP. I'M IN SC,I CAN GO OUT OF GREENVILLE/SPARTENBURG  AIRPORT, NEAREST LARGE AIRPORT IS ALANTA GA. HOTEL COST, AND CONVENTION COST ALSO WHEN WILL IT BE?

I'll be doing more to get things set up after my surgery, right now that has the majority of my attention. But You can look forward to more details in the coming weeks.

I PLAN TO GO. VBG YOU WILL HAVE TO HELP ME FIND OUT ABOUT THE TOTAL COST ON THIS TRIP. I'M IN SC,I CAN GO OUT OF GREENVILLE/SPARTENBURG  AIRPORT, NEAREST LARGE AIRPORT IS ALANTA GA. HOTEL COST, AND CONVENTION COST ALSO WHEN WILL IT BE?

I'll be doing more to get things set up after my surgery, right now that has the majority of my attention. But You can look forward to more details in the coming weeks.

Cool, to get more information will be great! Once I get the doctor's OK to go back to work, I will be searching for a better paying second job so I should be able to better afford to go to Vegas next year.

About why I need the Doctor's OK...

Click for Spoiler:

(remember my bad wrist? well on Monday at work, I was spotting a child to do a somersault and she bent her knees, catching my wrist in the crook of her knee. She continued the skill and severely twisted my arm. My first doc diagnosed it as a strain, but by Sat morning-yesterday I was still in a lot of pain so I went back in... I got to see MY doctor and was rediagnosed as to having a "crush" injury, and gave me a pain killer-which the other doc figured I wouldn't need. So I too, am one hand typing....)

I'd love to be there, but as everyone knows, a year from now is just too far away to guarantee. If all goes well, my two oldest kids will have moved out by then and I can send my youngest to my mother for a week. If I can, I'll be there. If not, I hope everyone has a fantastic time. L.L.A.P.

As much as I would love to goto the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas, I can't a little too far for me. Since I live in the U.K. :)

As much as I would love to goto the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas, I can't a little too far for me. Since I live in the U.K. :lol:

I wish it were more affordable to travel but I know how it is. I can inly imagine the airfare from the UK.

Maybe you can hitch a ride with trekbabe B)

At least we had our own little StarTrek exhibiton over here a few months back. Some of the pics are up on my website :lol:

At least we had our own little StarTrek exhibiton over here a few months back. Some of the pics are up on my website :lol:

Awesome pics!! B)

Now, it will be time that makes the deciding factor as my arm is still giving me problems and I still can't go back to work... I swear I am going to make it there somehow!

I'd really like to go but it depends when and where.

The tentative date is June 17th to June 20th 2004 at the Hilton (home of Star Trek: The Experience) in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Hope we can see you there!

BTW parents are welcome too!

"sounds like a plan people" :) i hope to be able to attend ,id like to meet alot of yall. it all depends on the weather though ,since im self employeed in hvac ... thats prime $$$$$ season!!! any package deals you know about????? :bow:

emojams, that is the purpose of this poll to establish the # of people going to the con and present the # to the Hotel so they can work us out a "package" deal.

emojams, that is the purpose of this poll to establish the # of people going to the con and present the # to the Hotel so they can work us out a "package" deal.

gotcha!!!!

gotcha!!!!

oh buy the way southwest just started new flights out of RICKENBACKER AFB to vagas ===== 99$ each way ( in columbus ,ohio).