Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STARTREKFANS.NET Convention 2004

103 members have voted

1. 1. STARTREKFANS.NET Convention 2004

• Yes, I will be there.
    • Maybe, I really want to.
    • No, I already know I can't.

This is just a poll so we can get an idea of what we need to plan for and begin making preparations.

The convention is going to be held at the Las Vegas Hilton in the summer of 2004.

Some of the planned events would be the Star Trek: The Experience attraction, dinner at Quarks bar and Episode screenings/discussions during the convention.

The details are still being worked out and We'll post here when more details are available.

Vote now so we can refine the details and if you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post them here as well.

Here's a couple links to give you an idea of what to expect:

Star Trek: The Experience

Las Vegas Hilton

I will be there even if I have to hi-jack a plane (kidding). It's over a year away and I am already sooooo excited. Looking forward to more details as they become available.

I so want to be there...and I plan to be there unless the funds aren't there! So PLEASE count me in!!

At the moment, I do plan to be there and I think I can get y company to pay for all the travel expenses. We have a branch studio in Vegas and I can probably write the whole trip off if I work it right.

Maybe, I want to go, but I'm not sure the dates and the funds will work out. Las Vegas is an expensive place to go to and stay at.

If I can make it, I will try to go. Even though I have already seen the Star Trek Experience.

I can’t say. 2004 is a longs ways off many things could happen. I would like to go, but with my schedule it probably would be no. However, like I said I don’t know.

When the time comes then I should be able to answer this question

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

At the moment, I do plan to be there and I think I can get y company to pay for all the travel expenses.  We have a branch studio in Vegas and I can probably write the whole trip off if I work it right.

Would talking business with Trek fans count?

I REALLY want to...but I doubt I'll be allowed...

Maybe in the end you will be allowed to go... I hope you can come, dsbs!

At the moment, I do plan to be there and I think I can get y company to pay for all the travel expenses.  We have a branch studio in Vegas and I can probably write the whole trip off if I work it right.

Hey!! Maybe we can record our own song as a group..kinda like the "We Are The World" thing....

We are the geeeeeks

We are the trekkieeeees....

Hey!! Maybe we can record our own song as a group..kinda like the "We Are The World" thing....

We are the geeeeeks

We are the trekkieeeees....

I'll just do like Millie Vanillie... :laugh:

Hey! The song sounds like a good idea....wait, maybe we'd scare some people...Oh, heck as long as we are having fun!!!!

:) :) ;) B) :D:D

I SOOOOOOOOO WISH I COULD!!!!

I've never been to a convention before but I'm only 16 and my parents would never let me go to Vegas by myself to meet people I met online. B) :( :( :( :( :( :(

DOH! Just take lots of pictures and post them on the site.

I'm sad now. Lol.

Well bysty there's a lot of time between now and next summer. Maybe by then they will be ready for a trip to Vegas themselves. You never know. Hold out hope and if it doesn't work then maybe the following year (you'll be 18 then right?). Our hope is to try to make this a yearly thing, that'll depend on how well this first one goes though.

wow. i never thought of that. in 2 years i will be 18. cant wait. thanks for reassuring me. lol. this is gonna rock.

see you all in 2 years! lol

Sounds like an interesting idea. I hope that airline tickets are cheap in 04.

Just think...we can all go gambling or pull a stunt!

Badda bing Badda bang!!

;)

Just think...we can all go gambling

;)

OMG! That was one of the things my mom asked me about....she goes "Oh, you are going to Vegas, so are you going to actually stay away from the blackjack table?"(At Project Graduation-which is an after graduation party held by the local National Guard, as well as several local businesses...I did quite well at the tables-even though it wasn't for money, we cashed our chips in for prizes)..."I told her that YES I would stay away since there is probably going to be so many fun Trek things planned that I wouldn't have much time to try my luck!"

I already know I cannot come to the convention because they are so far away. I live near Washnington, DC... I am all the way on the other side of the coast... and dont have the means to travel there, I am only 18 ;)maybe some time in the distant future, my hopes are still gleaming to see all the trek fans

VaBeachGuy and I were talking about the trip last night. He told me (and I told him to post this! UGGGGHHH...he NEVER listens to me!) that he is planning for June of 2004. I thought knowing the month may help people decide/plan vacations, time off work, etc.

Hey, I agree knowing that I am looking towards June will definately help me in planning....since my gymnastics studio has its end of the Summer Show in July so I can make arrangements around the trip(since I am the choreographer and director of the show)

VaBeachGuy and I were talking about the trip last night. He told me (and I told him to post this! UGGGGHHH...he NEVER listens to me!) that he is planning for June of 2004. I thought knowing the month may help people decide/plan vacations, time off work, etc.

LOL yes she did tell me to post it, I didn't post it yet because I was waiting till I spoke with the Hilton to see what the best time frame would be, reservation wise.

But June is my plan for the moment.

I'm on the maybe list, but I really doubt it ;) Especially if it's in June. I have a religous convention I go to every year that's usually in June. I'll see if I can pull it off though.

I really want to be there, but living in England i won't know for definate until i have an idea of prices for the stay. I have been on the net already pricing flights but need to know how much hotel etc... will be.

I wish I could go but I need to wait 3 or 4 more years. My Mom thinks that Las Vegas is hell on Earth so I wont be able to go till I'm 18. Bummer. ;)

The basic rate for a 2 night 3 day stay at the Hilton looks to be $150.42, this would be a rate given for an individual making reservations on their own and not through a group and includes costs for the Star Trek Experience.

In the next few days or weeks I hope to have a more solid rate available, I'll post it as soon as I have it.

Keep in mind that all amounts are estimated at this point and should only be used the give a rough estimate of possible costs.