Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Who Was Your First STF Friend?

Well, RC's my sister, so I don't think she counts. :) In which case I'd have to say ddillard, who took time to explain via IM how to fix a problem my computer had. :) :)

214916[/snapback]

Ah, The good ol' days. LOL.

As for me I don't remember the exact order that I became friends with everyone I know that the ealiest were AE, VBG, RC, Takara, and Lessa. Then Luvin1stdegree followed by many many others after. But I value every one of the friendships that I have made here. I know I have said it many times but we have all helped each other through alot of bad times and shared even more good times.

I think the first person i could really call my friend here is Rc,she has helped me with everything from avatars to men(hang) :) when things have gone wrong she has always been there to offer help and advice :hug:and also Gabri she helps me *THWACK* hang when he is getting to big for his boots :)

Edited by DutchDebbie

Well the first person I became friends with was Dill (He helped me out one day when I found something i found disturbing around the first week I was here)

It's a pity I am no ones first friend, I would have appreciated that. At times I wonder if I am anyones friend here.

who was my first friend....? and have i already posted here....?

266574[/snapback]

:lol: Yep, you said either me or Sulati. :hug:

post-812-1096014361.jpgpost-812-1095586641.gif

Edited by drwho42

ooooooh yeah! eheh :(

I met Sul from the old lounge and she gave me a link to this other weirded lounge before this lounge was open....... (i still have the link ya know - wrong pc) :( :laugh: ta Ben

TalShiar was my first friend...Then I recruited my friends from the Vorta Lounge (StarshipDelta, TC, Ajaneway, Zero-X) but they don't post as much anymore...I also have another friend, Athena28 that's been here longer and I know her from the Vorta Lounge as well, but she hardly comes here, too.

I'm so alone... :P

*Beams to the Vorta Lounge where her fellow Great Link buds still post at.*

Well the first person I became friends with was Dill (He helped me out one day when I found something i found disturbing around the first week I was here)

It's a pity I am no ones first friend, I would have appreciated that. At times I wonder if I am anyones friend here.

266032[/snapback]

My first friend was Dr who 42, he brought me over from " the other place "

I thought we were friends Angel.. :rolleyes:

angel was my first stf friend followed by tal and mr psychic and van roy and many others. argh my brain is exploding

Alice Cooper Rules!!!!!

When I joined, I already had a bunch of friends. We all came over from The Lounge at Star Trek.com at about the same time. But if I had to choose one, I would say MrPsychic.

I had posted at ST.com for only a couple weeks when I moved over to STF.

Takara, Lessa and dsbs had made me feel so welcome over at ST.com :laugh::spock: ... I had checked out this board, but did not migrate until I had gotten a message from Takara saying she had joined here. Of course, as you all know Lessa and dsbs had moved over here too. I think they joined only a couple days after me.

My first STF friend was Data. The board was going through one of its updates and made it so the site was pretty much offline. I panicked not knowing what the heck was going on (I was VERY new to message boards), and tried PM'ing him after checking out his profile and the posts he had written. He seeemed to be a nice person, and would probably be able to help me out. Plus, at the time Takara had already signed off and Data was one of the few people still online at that time

We became good friends over the past three years, and have posted not only at this board but at least three other non-Trek boards and three message boards that he has created (one of which I had moderated at).

Other people on the boards... well, EmilSoong, GanahFereoh & Beware of BAKKE do not count I guess because they are all family members :laugh::borg2:

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I dunnow...I mean, I don't suppose I could count Jimmy, Gary, Julie and The Sarge, right? And I do remember picking on Van Roy and Kor in the old lounge...I think for me this place is almost a continuation of the Old Lounge, but there are some new faces that are pretty damned awesome! AE, VBG, and the Mod Squad, you guys rock...

Also i am noones freind

But i do have several Agrue mates like Jim,Nem,Angel and sometimes maybe once in a blue moon Wereborg and LOTB

I feel somewhat like Tinadoll, who I remember from the old Lounge. Yet I really don't like to argue, but instead discuss. I also often feel like am on the minority side in any real arguments here.

No one I can actually call friend..Acquaintances certainly..There are many members I enjoy discussing my trek obsession with.. But friends nah..Nobody yet..

I agree the most with ST. A number of people I enjoy chatting or talking with, a number of acquaintances, but no friends.

Um... I'll tell you when I find one...

I also agree with Capt_Picard: I'll tell you when I find one. This is the only board I am active on. Maybe it is because of my age, since I am older (and often feel much older in some threads). Maybe I need to start a personal log so that others would get to know me, though I fear it could cause boardwide snoring :laugh:

Edited by trekz

I dunnow...I mean, I don't suppose I could count Jimmy, Gary, Julie and The Sarge, right? And I do remember picking on Van Roy and Kor in the old lounge...I think for me this place is almost a continuation of the Old Lounge, but there are some new faces that are pretty damned awesome! AE, VBG, and the Mod Squad, you guys rock...

He he, I've never heard us called the ModSquad before, I like that.

I'm not sure who on this one, got to know a few around the same time, nice chaps all.

I was friends with all sorts of people at the lounge before the great migration. I think the person I became more of a friend with here has to be Kor definitely. I mean, he's paying me, I don't see anyone else doing that here.. . Big hint everyone :laugh:

Wow.....I forget.

I think one of the first members to trade PMs with me after I joined in '03 was Captain Picard....but the only member I knew in person and spent time with in the real world (and he doesn't count) was my uncle Subcommander Beavis. I think we spent most of our time here just yakking at one another and not really interacting much with the community at large.

Similar to those who've said so, I don't really know if I've made any friends over here. I mean, with a very small handful of exceptions, I'd probably buy each and everyone of you here a beer or whatever drink you wanted. But I don't necessarily feel I have friends unless they consider me a friend in return. It's not like anyone cheers or smiles when they see my name as the most recent poster on any particular thread. I think it's just the plain weirdness of my username that initially kept people here at a distance from me. Now some are warming up to me, though.

Of all the posters here, though, I think wishfire was the first one I had any real amount of respect for. The man can make his points of contention known and is level-headed enough to make them very well in a civil debate.

Other than VBG's automatic welcome message that everyone receives when they register, Krissy Phaserman was the very first person to PM me. We've PMed and chit-chatted on open forum, but again, are we friends? Well, we're not enemies, but close enough to call each other friends? *shrug* I don't know her thoughts on the matter.

Like I said though, I'd still buy most of you a beverage of your choice if I met you in a bar or malt shoppe (Do they even still have malt shoppes anymore?).

YBHYR, Krissy is reading over my shoulder and she got a big smile on her face when you mentioned her. as for me, who was my FIRST friend here? Hell if I know. But I personally would consider anyone a friend if they were gonna quote ME in THEIR signiture *wink wink*

I hear Gary can get a hellatious discount at the local Domino's, YBHYR...Actually, I know he can, cus he's the Manager.

As Yillara has said, she, dsbs, Lessa and I all posted together at st.com before coming here so I can't count them as being my first new friends here so I'm going to say that VBG was the first friend I made here and then RC.

No one. I don't consider any of you friends. No offense to anyone, I just find it illogical to consider someone who I've never met in real life a "friend."

The first person that I've I've become fond of is Odie. When I first joined this site, I posted a topic about finding my parents, and she gave a sincere effort to help me locate them.