• yes because I watch movies
    • yes because
    • yes no reason
    • no opinion
    • don't care
    • no
    • of course not!!
    • It look's awful!!!

Yeah, because I'm a history nut. The Illiad is also a great piece of writing. I hope Brad Pitt has his gay lover in this movie!

yes.

yes I am....

why?

because I love ancient civilization stuff...and quite honestly it reminds me of Gladiator...let's just hope Brad Pitt doesn't ruin it too bad :wow:

I'll go see it just to see how badly Hollywood can butcher the Iliad. Plus the battle scenes look like they're going to be really cool!

No. If I want history I'll watch the history channel, if I want violence I'll watch the nightly news.

I downloaded it 2 days ago and i watched about 40 mins of it and i am sorry to say but IMO it is crap..but thats just my opinion,the effects are good but its just not my type of film :dude: i am glad i didnt waste money going to see it at the movies :unsure:

No, I'll wait to rent the DVD. I love historical dramas, but I'm not sure about Brad Pitt in that role.

No, I thought about it until I saw it was rated R. They just did a similar movie on USA which wasn't anything spectacular. I like mythology but it is quite sad usually. I may watch it when it comes to network TV.

This would be a good weekend to check out the history, discovery channel - usually when a new movie is released they bring up any related programs and I have to agree with RC here - these programs are always better than the movie.

I will go because it looks like it will be good, but mainly because my

daughter and I make deals all the time...and she came to see Van Helsing

with me and I will see Troy with her next week...we take turns picking a movie.

She is an adult and on her own and this is our time together...

lunch and a movie about twice a month, she is also a ST fan so we always

agree on those ones..... :unsure:

Actually folks..Its pretty acurate to the illiad..It also makes it interesting

and all the HOT HOT HOT Guys (orlando bloom NOT included)

No, hollywood's exploited it too many dang times already. It was bad enough when USA decided to broadcast their remake, but then hearing yet ANOTHER cinema remake is coming out was just, well, i can't put it into words right now. If they were to remake The Oddessy, it might be another matter, as the original movie kinda lacked in adequate special effects in relation to the story (reading the story was more interesting then watching the movie, the effects i visualized were far and away better then what were used in the movie) :blink: .

No. If I want history I'll watch the history channel, if I want violence I'll watch the nightly news.

RC, if you want Violence AND History, listen to me give a lecture while I'm at work...d'oh!

I'm going to see it. the History teacher AND the Military Officer in me both want to see how well Hollywood does it's portrayal of this battle. I'll be seeing it tonite, and I'll let you guys know how I liked it.

Ive seen Troy 2 days ago and its just an awesome movie! I cried at the ending bcuz it was soo sad.

And the music from it is really good!Ive got the whole soundtrack downloaded from Kazaa,its really something you should listen to if ur into the movie! :P

Yea I'll watch it but I'll be waiting for its DVD release in oh about six months give or take.

I will also wait for video or DVD. I plan to see it....I do not get the History Channel or USA, so it looks like it could be a good film to me. I just do not plan to go to the theater.

I loved this movie, and it was accurate and Hollywood didn't ruin anything

it is the best movie so far this year...Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom were

both brilliant and cast in the perfect roles...I t was nice to see Sean Bean

again aswell....10 out of 10.

I liked the fact that Odysseus and Aeneus and Ajax were all Supporting charactors. I also liked the battle between Achilles and Hector.

Saw it AGAIN

Just to see Hector and achilles fight

I loved the fight...

Click for Spoiler:

"Let us make a pact, that whoever dies is accorded the proper feuneral rights"

"Men don't make pacts with Lions! I'll cut off your ears, and your tongue, and cut out your eyes so you can walk through the afterlife, deaf dumb and blind..."

"Get up, Prince! I'll not have a rock take my glory!"

::starts to scream and hoot and holler::

GO HECTOR~~~~Um OW..Nevermind