Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Worst Smoggy Cities In America

I live in the 18th smoggiest city in America. Oh joy *cough cough weeze* dead.gif

Worst ozone air pollution cities

1. Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County, CA

2. Fresno, CA

3. Bakersfield, CA

4. Visalia-Porterville, CA

5. Houston-Baytown-Huntsville, TX

6. Merced, CA

7. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Truckee, CA-NV

8. Hanford-Corcoran, CA

9. Knoxville-Sevierville-LA Follette, TN

10. Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

11. Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia, DC-MD-VA-WV

12. Philadelphia-Wilmington-Atlantic City, PA-NJ-DE-MD

13. New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA

14. Charlotte-Gastonia-Salisbury, NC-SC 15. Cleveland-Akron-Elyria, OH

16. Greensboro--Winston-Salem--High Point, NC

17. Pittsburgh-New Castle, PA

18. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ

19. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA

20. Modesto, CA

I noticed that New York isn't there, thats because the stupid Jet stream gives us all their smog ::shakes fist:: I hate that blasted week in the summer when the smog clouds come...

I'm shocked to see SD is only 19th on the list :naughty: I would'a thought it higher based on the smell of the air. I guess living here ain't so bad afterall. (except for the cost to live)

I'm shocked to see SD is only 19th on the list  :naughty: I would'a thought it higher based on the smell of the air. I guess living here ain't so bad afterall. (except for the cost to live)

When I visit SD I always think the air smells so clean. Probably because of the ocean breeze. Phoenix in the summer smells like a giant arm pit. bedlam.gif

I'm shocked to see SD is only 19th on the list  :naughty: I would'a thought it higher based on the smell of the air. I guess living here ain't so bad afterall. (except for the cost to live)

When I visit SD I always think the air smells so clean. Probably because of the ocean breeze. Phoenix in the summer smells like a giant arm pit. bedlam.gif

We're pretty inland of the ocean and smack-dab in the middle of a highly populated area with freeways on three sides. For me it takes going to the mountains before I can say the air smells clean. *longs for Laguna mountain*

We're pretty inland of the ocean and smack-dab in the middle of a highly populated area with freeways on three sides. For me it takes going to the mountains before I can say the air smells clean. *longs for Laguna mountain*

I was thinking Big Bear. I'd like to drive up to Payson (about an hour north of here) I love Payson, so relaxing. Up in the pines, clean air. I wish my car was running. *sigh*

I was thinking Big Bear. I'd like to drive up to Payson (about an hour north of here) I love Payson, so relaxing. Up in the pines, clean air. I wish my car was running. *sigh*

It's gets very windy at Laguna, (and it's closer but) there is a hang-glider launching pad. At the pad the mountain drops straight down a thousand feet or more, what a rush it is to stand on that edge! Almost as good as a thunderstorm.

At the pad the mountain drops straight down a thousand feet or more, what a rush it is to stand on that edge!

*knees give out* :naughty: I'm affraid of hights. I'm getting dizzy just thinking of that.

At the pad the mountain drops straight down a thousand feet or more, what a rush it is to stand on that edge!

*knees give out* :naughty: I'm affraid of hights. I'm getting dizzy just thinking of that.

*catches RC from falling* That's the spirit of that mountain, breathtaking! The spirits there are very talkative to, they love visitors and will always whisper welcomes in your ear

You know, I've stood on the edge of the Grand Canyon several times and that never made me dizzy. Meteor Crater too. And I've been rock climbing without ropes or anything and I was fine. :naughty: I guess it's just the thought of looking 1000 feet straight down that freaks me out. :bow:

I have lived in Fresno, Modesto, and Washington

Sometimes I miss living in a city but not enough to move back to one.

Rural life has smells too - ask anyone who's driven by a field of cows on a hot day and I do occasionally get a whiff of pesticides from crop dusters during my drive home - who knows what will become of that.

Geeze, from the list looks like I lucked out :bow::naughty: Mid-West is a great place to live, especially near Lake Michigan, I :wub:it.

I am shocked! Chicago isn't on that list! Neither is Gary, Indianna!

when I lived in San Diego, I lived in the housing on the Naval Station. No more than a mile from the water, but we got alot of that oh-so-common General Purpose Grease smell that seams to linger around Navy bases and ships. now I live like right on Lake Michigan, and it's pretty nice here.

by the way, New York is on there, Nemesis.

Worst ozone air pollution cities

1. Los Angeles-Riverside-Orange County, CA

2. Fresno, CA

3. Bakersfield, CA

4. Visalia-Porterville, CA

5. Houston-Baytown-Huntsville, TX

6. Merced, CA

7. Sacramento-Arden-Arcade-Truckee, CA-NV

8. Hanford-Corcoran, CA

9. Knoxville-Sevierville-LA Follette, TN

10. Dallas-Fort Worth, TX

11. Washington-Baltimore-Northern Virginia, DC-MD-VA-WV

12. Philadelphia-Wilmington-Atlantic City, PA-NJ-DE-MD 13. New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA

14. Charlotte-Gastonia-Salisbury, NC-SC 15. Cleveland-Akron-Elyria, OH

16. Greensboro--Winston-Salem--High Point, NC

17. Pittsburgh-New Castle, PA

18. Phoenix-Mesa-Scottsdale, AZ

19. San Diego-Carlsbad-San Marcos, CA

20. Modesto, CA

Edited by Ensign Jim Phaserman

I'm not to concerned with smog anymore. I've probably breathed in enough toxic fumes and plastic dust from my last job that the damage is done at this point. :naughty:

I'm shocked to see SD is only 19th on the list  I would'a thought it higher based on the smell of the air. I guess living here ain't so bad afterall. (except for the cost to live)

Yep, we pay for the good year round weather although that 100 degree weather last week left much to be desired. There are certain areas of San Diego that are worse then others.

I noticed that New York isn't there, thats because the stupid Jet stream gives us all their smog ::shakes fist:: I hate that blasted week in the summer when the smog clouds come...
13. New York-Newark-Bridgeport, NY-NJ-CT-PA

New York is listed. The smog that you getting is not from New York. Most of manufacturing jobs have left the state. That smog that you are refering to come from mid-west electric plants. New York has the same problem as you do. :assimilated:

I live in the middle of Houston... Which is bellaire, Texas...

Stupid smog...

and I have allergies...

:assimilated: