Sign in to follow this  
RikerChick

Five things you didn't know about me

2. I took a quiz at WebMD, and found I have most of the symptoms of ADHD - no wonder I'm never bored! :P

Welcome to the wonderful world of ADHD, you're right, it's never boring. Confusing yes, boring never. :P

ya know, you ADHD people are a teacher's nightmare!

ya know, it's more of a nightmare to have everyone call you a trouble maker when they don't understand that you can't just sit down a pay attention like everyone else. blah.gif

I used to ride a motorcycle. then I got married and became a family man.

Hmm did you ever fall and bang your head? :P

ya know, you ADHD people are a teacher's nightmare!

ya know, it's more of a nightmare to have everyone call you a trouble maker when they don't understand that you can't just sit down a pay attention like everyone else. blah.gif

I was actually pretty good at school. It was barely noticable then. (Maybe we should start another thread before my mind wanders away again - :P ) :P

I was actually pretty good at school. It was barely noticable then. 

Wish I could say the same. I ended up dropping out out of frustration.

(Maybe we should start another thread before my mind wanders away again -  :P ) :P

:blink: :eek:

Interesting topic. If I may I'd like to add to it.

1. I'm very shy and you wouldn't get five words out of me unless I'm alone and talking to you via amateur radio. My husband's says I'm radio active.

2. I've been stalked in real life by a little old man that's old enough to be my grandfather, he's followed me through a few jobs, two hours north to a new home, and he always leaves photograghs of me in my mailbox at home and at my work.

3. I was offered a spot on the Drill Team in Junior High School and refused it.

4. I legally married a stranger on a dare.

5. I learn to drive in a '65 candy apple red convertable mustangs.

6. I called my childhood dog Ziggy.

Ok, some people did 6, so I'll be upside-down and do 9...

1. I believe in leprechauns...

2. I think anything and everything is possible...

3. I once practiced walking on the ceiling via starting out on the wall...

Doesn't work too well...

4. Some people in my dream are aware that they are simply in my dream and know when it will end...

5. I had tremendous fun dissecting a pig (I won't disgust you with the details [i.e. opening up the skull].)

6. I've seen most of the episodes of Lexx even though I dislike how it was made and it's basic focus...

7. I dislike close-minded fundlementalist religions...

8. I can quote Data's version of Irving Berlin's Blue Skies and the Beatles' song "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds"...

9. I get excited at the very mention of Time Bandits...

Well, I've got some more, but I'll let some others have some turns...lastresort.jpg42.gif

The Adventures of STF.net

Adding......

9. I am not a popular teacher at my institution. I am one of those "don't take her class" teachers.

Favorite negative student comments about me that made it back to my ears:

" If there was a nuclear bomb, Professor________ would still be trying to have class!"

To a student who took two classes from me in the same semester, a friend said to him,

"No, man! Don't take TWO calsses from her! She'll drive you crazy!"

My favorite comment I made to a student worried about taking my class: The student (a Chrisitian) had struggled in another class with me the previous semester. I was teaching a required course he had to take to graduate, but I don't think he had planned to take me as an instructor again, because when he walked into the class he stopped dead in his tracks, stared

( one of those double-take type things I think). I said to him, " God gave you back to me, Mr. ____.". :drool: That young man stops to see me every time he is back on campus ( he lives in another state and is a math teacher! :naughty: :lol: ).

10. I love my students. They do not understand that I do, because most of them regard love as letting them do what they want to, and and they regard love as something fuzzy and friendly (and I have been know to be cranky..). I regard love as seeing they have a dream or goal, and recognizing what their current skills are, and what they have to be able to do in order to have a chance at achieving their dreams, and trying to get them there for real. I have often had the joy of my former students visiting to show me what they have accomplished. A lot of them ask me not to change what I do. But a lot of my former students have a good jobs they deserve and family life, and a good future. A lot of them make double my salary, and are not quite thirty. My oldest former freshmen are thirty or thiry one.

Favorite comment from a former student (this young man, now an engineer, used to come to my office upset about not being able to do "word problems"): " I am not afraid of any problem they bring to me to solve on the job!" :dude:

11. I draw my teaching motivation from a story I heard about Babe Ruth, one of the greatest home-run hitters of all time. I heard that Babe Ruth was also one of the all-time strike-out leaders! Then I understood that to get great results, you had to take a risk and "swing at the ball." And in doing this, sometimes you miss, big time!

Another 9 for me...

1. I met my girlfriend on a Christmas morning in a Star Trek chat room.

2. I weigh about 100 pounds...

3. Wonders why there was never to a sequel to the 1984 film Buckaroo Bonzai: Across the Eighth Dimension, and the 1981 film Time Bandits (Which are the unexistent movies: Buckaroo Bonzai Against the World Crime League [or something...] and Time Bandits 2...

4. Over 70% of the 450+ books I own are of science-fiction...

5. Really enjoyed booking books in alphabetical, and/or numerical, order.

6. Once thought I felt the effects of OBE (Out-of-Body Experience).

7. I really like Big Band and Swing music, and my mother complains about my aim in trying to be more old-fashioned than the generation of today.

8. Was able to quote some songs and poems from J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit.

9. Enjoys "steampunk" science-fiction.

"Steampunk" refers to modern science-fiction made in the style of the 19th century. It's title is the offshoot of the name: "cyberpunk"....

That's 'bout all for right now...lastresort.jpg42.gif

5 little things about me :drool:

1) I always use childish sounds like teehee or wieeeee,someone would go crazy of me.

2) Im obsessed with the Lord of the Rings.Tolkien is my personal hero.

3) I try not to be shallow against pple,i respect pple for what they are,but Im really shallow and narrowminded about myself.

4) Im into metal and rock music,which my parents arent to happy with.

5) I loove to do romantic things with someone,but ive got no someone at the moment :naughty:

Oh now this is fun. Five more things about me.

No. 1. I like to sing made up songs to my dog and I treat him like a small child. To the point that when people ask me I don't say I haven't any children, I say I have a doggie son.

No. 2. I was married for seven years to my husband before he realized we're different colors. I'm part indian on my mother's side and I have a year round tan for lack of a better discreption and my husband is blue eyed, blonde, and very fair skinned. I tan, he burns.

No. 3. The company for which I work made a typo on my middle innitial and now the government, the mortage company, the city, and state that I live in have it as my legal name on documents. It's been many years and when asked my middle name I say it's Timothe in truth the 'T' stands for nothing, my middle name begins with an 'F'.

No. 4. I called my husband by the wrong name the morning after our marriage, his mother was funny about it and she, 'David's a nice name but his father and I name him Daniel'.

No. 5. My dog's a spoiled brat!

[glow=gray]

[/url]

Ooooo, me too, but I'm just under 5 feet tall, so it's a reasonable weight for me

Guest Mike_Hines01

Ok, here goes nothing:

1: I'm 5ft 2",

2: I love pasta,

3: I have Scoliosis <_<,

4: I'm usualy very quiet,

5: Last but not least, I like Pokemon. (Yes I know that may seem a little sad, but hey, I don't realy care <_< ).

Ooooo, me too, but I'm just under 5 feet tall, so it's a reasonable weight for me

Me too, but I'm taller than MikeHines01, but shorter than Echo...

I'm 5 foot 4 inches (three quarters to 5 inches..)lastresort.jpg42.gif

ok here goes

1. I own a book on tape, written by Shatner and read by Shatner

2. my dad uses that book tape mentioned above for torture

3. I have stuffed animals

4. I take apart things... like the microwave... and put it back into something new.. and different..

5. Speaking about pokemon... I'm a fan of team rocket... if I had to pick...

I'm 5 foot 4 inches (three quarters to 5 inches..)

yea, I'm a bit taller... last time I messured a while back.. 5 foot 7 3/4 inches.... but i think i grew a bit since then maybe... ^-^ <_< 's Ben

1. Three times in my life I have moved to a new city when I didn't know anyone or have a job lined up. Each time I made a life for myself. I got the idea from an old movie called "My Sister Irene"

2. I am the youngest of four children, the next youngest is ten years older than I am.

3. My oldest sister got married when I was three months old.

4. A friend once told me I could back uphill out of her driveway with a stick shift better than anyone she had ever seen.

5. I have the promo poster for Due South - which is my all time favorite tv show - hanging on my wall.

5.  I have the promo poster for Due South  - which is my all time favorite tv show - hanging on my wall.

So you have a thing for mounties <_<

1. really horrible insomniac

2. Crazy ABC Texan.......

3. has a crazy Alcove xanga that is never updated

4. knows Commodore -Harry Kim- from School

5. HAs a freaky habbit to mutter psychotic phrases

I'm 5 foot 4 inches (three quarters to 5 inches..)

yea, I'm a bit taller... last time I messured a while back.. 5 foot 7 3/4 inches.... but i think i grew a bit since then maybe... ^-^ <_< 's Ben

:hug: 's back <_<

I'll just add 5 to the list....

1. I cried in Quantum Leap's last episode: Mirror Image: August 8, 1953.

2. I keep breaking or messing up my clocks, whether they be wrist-watches, pocket-watches, etc...

3. I'm interested in catastrophism (the study of the ends of the world) and conspiracy theories...

But I am growing weary of conspiracy theories that connect events and the coming of the apopcalypse...

4. I was angry when the Sci-fi Channel stopped showing all of Irwin Allen's creations: Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, The Time Tunnel, The Land of the Giants, and Lost in Space.

5. I have dreams that are sometimes black-and-white, animated, features message boards and chat rooms, have self-aware people in it, includes parts where I die and all I find in the afterlife is darkness, etc....

k, I'll have to think of some others later...lastresort.jpg42.gif

1. i like Gummy bears

2. i cried at every last episode ever of any show

3. I am good at videogames

4.I loves me some hot and spicy food

5. I think Dr Who is fascinating!

Lol Gummi Worms...baiscly anything Gummi

Why the TV show ofcourse..I use to wacth it all the time..But now i can't find it anywhere besides on DVD here in the states

I noticed something...if I was at the convention, I'd be a giant! so many of you are hovering around the 5" mark, and me, I'm 6'7". I'm easy to identify.

I noticed something...if I was at the convention, I'd be a giant! so many of you are hovering around the 5" mark, and me, I'm 6'7". I'm easy to identify.

Your lucky that you're not station in Japan. You stand above everyone else. <_<

1. I am 9 years younger than my eldest brother and 9 years older than my youngest brother.

2. I'm 5'7" but I tell everyone I'm 5'5".

3. I have one blue eye and one green eye and I wear a blue contact so my eyes match.

4. I hate Macaroni and cheese and would rather just eat the box.

5. I've lived in my hometown all my life.

Guest Mike_Hines01

Just thought I'd add a few more things:

1: I have two brothers, both younger than me.

2: I have two cats.

3: I've been a Trekkie for about 14 years.

4: I've known my best friend just as long (infact he's the one who got me into Star Trek).