Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyra_Ashleigh

Kyra_Ashleigh's Personal Log...

Thanks everyone for the get-wells! :wow:

And yes, that funny noise you keep hearing is me blowing my nose over and over. :blink:

I went in to get my work schedule and they have scheduled me for days that I specifically told them I couldn't work. Between that and the $94 paycheck for two weeks, I have had it with these people! My home business makes more in a week than I get in two weeks at that job! :P

I'm thinking of being really mean and just not showing up on the day I'm scheduled but told them I couldn't work. They've written me up for not calling four hours before my shift today and I'm sure they'll go ahead and fire me if I no-show. I don't care... after all the cr@p they've put me through lately, they can kiss my buns! :lol:

I'm so lucky my old job wants me back permanently. It's like one big family... we have three stores and the owners are wonderful people. The manager at the store I technically "belong" to used to work for a different company that I also worked for, so he knows I can deal with beyond the normal limit of BS! Our store is mostly guys with the exception of me, the retired lady who works part-time for fun and on girl who works summers and holidays when she's not away at college. All of the guys who work at the store are very fun, nice people. The entire company is filled with gamers, Trekkies and musicians. It's almost not even like work... only with a job to do! :rolleyes:

Well, I'm off to heat some more water for tea... and I might drag myself to the store to get some decongestants and more cough drops.

:wow: For all my friends here who read and post in my log! It's so nice to know that someone gives a rip that you're going through tough times! :P

Still sick here, so nothing too fun to report.

I spent a good bit of my day drinking tea and goofing off on the computer.

I'm sad, my Seahawks lost today after having the lead most of the game. That's American Football for my friends who don't know! :angry:

I'm going to get to bed early tonight... I don't think I'll be able to get up for work if I don't make myself get some rest tonight! :blush 2:

Again, get well soon *MASSIVE HUGS* and I hope you got enough rest and that you feel better today :) :lol: :)

I'm sorry for your Seahawks having lost, I know what it feels like, I'm always sad as well when my fave soccer club loses (we don't have American Football here, of course, everyone here is crazy about soccer :angry: )...

:blink: :look:

I'm sorry for your Seahawks having lost, I know what it feels like, I'm always sad as well when my fave soccer club loses (we don't have American Football here, of course, everyone here is crazy about soccer  )...

We've gotten pretty used to being disappointed with our sports teams here in the Seattle area. However, our women's basketball team is playing their final playoff game tonight. Maybe they'll make us proud! :angry:

Seattle Storm wins the Championship! :P

Not that I got to see it, the friend who was supposed to tape it while I was at work had a VCR malfunction. :)

Today's my day off and also payday. :(

So I have to drive in to work and get my paycheck so I can put it in the bank and spend it all right away! My car payment is due tomarrow, so that's where most of the money is going. Then I have a few little things I need to buy.

I don't have anything really interesting planned today. I am still sick, so I'm probably going to just relax. :(

The weekend is here! :laugh:

Work was very boring today. I was tempted to slap a couple customers, but that's nothing new. I had this one customer come in who spoke very little english... I asked him when he needed the package to arrive and he said whenever, so I quoted him prices and he chose a 3-day service. Guess his wife must have gotten mad at him when he got home because he showed back up before closing to ask if we could change it to overnight. Well... the package had already been picked up, so we couldn't do anything for him. And of course, he blamed me for not insisting it go overnight (am I a mind reader now?). :laugh:

Well, I'm about to make a snack and go watch Enterprise! Whoo-hoo! :laugh:

Well, it's been another busy Monday. I found out I am going to be covering for our manager at work next week. It's a good deal because I don't have to close, but it means I have to leave the house two hours earlier to get to work. I can't complain too much, but I'm gonna have to get into the habit of going to bed earlier.

I just found out that my dad's in town. I haven't seen him since I was in high school because my parents always put me in the middle of their fights after they got divorced. I've been on better terms with my dad over the past few years, but this is the first time he's come here to visit. He lives in Missouri on farm now and doesn't travel too much.

I've left a message for him at his hotel, but I haven't heard back from him yet. I'm kinda nervous about seeing him after all these years. Wish me luck! :)

I hope you get the chance to meet your father, and if you do good luck. :)

I'm up early this morning to do a load of dishes before work. I would rather not but I put it off last night so I could go to bed early. :laugh:

I have work today and then I go out with my dad tomarrow for lunch. I'm looking forward to it! :laugh:

I found out yesterday that my daughter will need physical therapy for her legs. One of them turns inward when she walks. I'm hoping the therapy will fix the problem. :flex:

I had lunch with my dad, his girlfriend and my half-brother and sister today! :laugh:

It was a really fun afternoon. We laughed the entire time. I gave everyone my business cards in hopes that we can keep in touch this time around. My brother has a house in Palm Springs and he may invite us down there in the spring if I decide to go visit my other relatives in other parts of California. I've never been to Palm Springs, but it's only four hours away from Vegas, so I may get to go there as well. If not, it's only about 8 hours to the Grand Canyon, so it looks to be a fun car trip if I can get the time off work. :frusty:

I'm really hoping I can get together with my dad again before he leaves. It was just too short of a visit!

Yay! You had a good day with family, thats always the best thing

Hey Nem! Back from Germany, I see! :frusty:

I love having good visits with my family. Since most of my relatives live in dfferent states, I rarely get to see them. :laugh:

Log for today...

I had to work this morning... fun, fun, fun. We had a busy day, so it passed quickly. :P

I am covering for our manager this coming week. It's nice knowing that I've only been back there for a month and they are ready to let me run the management of things again. Of course, I know the owner will be looking over my shoulder constantly... but he does that to our regular manager and he's been there almost ten years! :huh:

I treated myself to some DVDs today. I don't like to buy a lot of movies when I can rent unlimited movies so cheaply... but some movies are worth having. I got X2 and three others that looked like they'd be worth having.

Well, I'm off to go watch movies. :P

X2... It's one of my fave movies... I think you know why :frusty:

And it's definitely worth getting it, though I know that DVDs are more than just expensive, I have the same problem over here in Germany. :laugh:

And here's a :huh: for you :P

My avatar keeps disappearing! :D :o

I am working the "early" shift this week, so I haven't had the time or energy to post here much. :o

I am debating on if I should buy a new computer or not. This one has been making me angry for a while! :o :D :(

There is an "adults-only" family dinner tomarrow, so my daughter is spending the evening with the sitter and I'm gonna go see what's happening. I have to carpool with other family members, so I may be stuck there later than planned, but there's only so much parking to go around and the neighborhood likes to tow cars away. :lol:

Since I don't have to drive, I'm hoping there's a good bottle of wine! :naughty:

Right now I'm listening to the Red Sox game while I surf. Looks like these guys have it going on this season! :wow: :o

Good evening.

I am freezing my butt off here... it's not freezing yet, but after such a warm October, 40 degrees is way too cold for me! :D

I had dinner at my sister's house tonight. My sister Linda is in town and I hadn't seen her since I was a little kid... she has always traveled and lived in different states, but she's home for a few days so I got to see her. My other sister cooked us a wonderful dinner and I got to see my dad and my brother and his wife as well. :naughty:

I'm pretty tired after such a fun evening. It's been a long day.

I missed all but the last two innings of the World Series, but I was very happy when the Red Sox won! :o

Well, time to respond to a few things here and get to bed. I think I'm going to skip the dishes tonight... I need a break! :wow:

Finally, a day off! Well, sort of... I had to deliver some computer parts to work earlier, then I ran out to the computer store and bought some more RAM for my home computer. :flowers:

I can't seem to get my Halloween avatar to work right... I've had to re-load my old avatar a few times... now I can't seem to get a new one. Grrr. :cloud9:

It's weird how I can do all kinds of neat things with this machine, but if I go to do something simple, it just won't work! :laugh:

They're having some kind of Halloween thing at the zoo tonight, so we may go to that. I'm pretty worn out after my long week, but I can't just sit home on one of my favorite holiday weekends!

Well, that's about it from here. :bow:

I stayed up too late last night. Blah.

It's been a long day... I had to work open till close today at work because our owner messed up the scheduling somehow. Right now I'm just trying to get a break before I have to go to the store and do some housework.

What I really want is just to go to bed. :laugh:

Another long week is over and done with. I had a three-day weekend and I was running around most of it.

Friday I visited my aunt and cousin and then last night I went to a birthday party for an old coworker. The party wasn't really exciting... we watched a movie and had a few drinks. It's always nice to see old friends, though.

I'm tired and I have a whole lot to do to get ready for another work week. Woo-hoo. :rolleyes:

Just thought I'd share the website of a local band I really like:

Second Coming

They just put up a sound clip from their current recording sessions. It sounds very promising to me! B)

Other than that, there's not too much exciting news to report. The first thing I did this morning was twisting my knee in a rather unnatural way. I have been walking with a limp all day... just call me Gimpy! :) B)

I had a very full weekend. Second Coming played a concert Saturday night so I went to that and had a really fun time. I woke up Sunday with a really nasty sinus thing... smoky bars are the worst when you get sick easily! :huh:

Work was very busy today. The surprised us with a new employee (thanks boss), so I was doing a lot of training work. We got a lot done and I'm thinking the new girl will work out really well.... that is, until she tries to steal my hours... then it's war! :P :huh:

I'm getting ready to clean the upstairs carpets while my grandpa sleeps. He takes out his hearing aid at night, so I can clean without disturbing him. :sly:

Hi Kyra! I've been struggling with a sinus infection, as well. It's not from smokers, our workplace is smoke-free. Some guys still do the snuff thing :P . My foreman spits on the cement floor as if he were outside - :huh: :huh: Gross!

I, too, am training someone in on certain aspects of warehousing. The guy is eager to learn and does his work quickly, though he has a problem following through with it, as in putting away the tools, throwing away the cardboard in the recycling bin, etc. I guess it took me a while to get the hang of the system. :sly:

Oooh, I can't stand people who spit indoors! That's so nasty! :P

I've never been good at training new people... at least in my opinion, but I guess my bosses trust me to do a good job, so I always end up doing the traning. No biggie... I just have to force myself to keep my hands off so the trainee can actually learn something! :huh:

I'm very subsceptibl to sinus and ear infections for some weird reason. The almost always come when the weather changes too. I manage to deal with it okay, but it's not a lot of fun to feel like you're always sick. :sly:

Right now I'm working on my negative scanning project. I'm trying to get some cool band photos up in my eBay store before the holidays in hopes of bringing in more sales traffic.

It's a tedious process, but as soon as the pictures are scanned and uploaded, I can ignore them until they sell. :nono:

I'm off work tomarrow, so I need to figure out what's going on for the day. I *think* I have plans, but things tend to change when I've planned ahead. Grrr. :nono:

Happy Thanksgiving to all who celebrate! :blink:

It's almost 6am here and I still haven't gone to bed. Had to get the house ready for our guests! :P

I've got a bunch more stuff to do, but I'm about to go upstairs and catch at least a few hours of sleep before the fun begins. I'm cooking, which is all that really needs to be said about my day. :assimilated:

I have to go back to work on Friday and after that's over, I've got to help Richard (hubby) in his office for a while, then we are planning to watch Enterprise and celebrate the semi-final (haha) results in our state Governor's race. With everything that has gone wrong so far, I fear a re-vote is going to happen! :unsure:

Well, off to catch a few ZZZ's while I can! :P

The mall my work is in was a mess this morning. Grrr.

I was driving to the entrance but the had a good portion of the entrances blocked off... so i had to go in on the far side and drive through to get to work. Come to find out they're having a parade later in the day. So I got to watch part of the parade when we didn't have customers. They had classic cars and a couple Chinese dragons and J.P. Patches and other cool stuff. I missed Santa though, I guess he was at the front and by the time we got rid of the customers, he had already passed by.

I'm so happy I do all my holiday shopping online. I just can't stand crowds. I may not post to the log much for the next month... my work schedule is now 8-? each day, meaning that I'm not going to be ableto leave until some point after closing.

I don't know if I'm looking forward to the busy season or not... I love my job, but the work/sleep/work/sleep monotony isn't my idea of a good time.