Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyra_Ashleigh

Kyra_Ashleigh's Personal Log...

I'm baaaa-ack! :wacko:

I started my new job on Tuesday. I'm not sure what to make of it... I like it, but I'm feeling pretty insecure at the same time because the other "trainee" has worked for the company before and didn't really need to learn anything!

I'm just hoping they let me get a few paychecks in before they fire me! I spent quite a bit of money in order to comply with their dress code!

The keyboard on my computer is dying a slow death so all my posts are missing letters and spaces... I'm trying to fix my posts as I type, but I know I'll miss a few.

My mom-in-law evac'd from New Orleans for Ivan, so I spent all of yesterday tracking the storm and watching a Pensacola news station. I'm glad it didn't hit NO, but at the same time, I really feel for those who did get hit! I've got a friend returning home tonight to FL from TN. I am praying she makes it safely as the roads have got to suck right now!

Well, that's about all from here! Hope everyone reading this is doing well!

Hmm... Friday night and I'm sitting at my desk goofing on the computer. :P

I'm really getting to like my new job. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that I'm off for the weekend!

Next week, I've got two days training at the new job and four days working at one of my old jobs covering for someone on vacation. Essentially this should temporarily double my income. Whoo-hoo, I might actually be able to buy something fun!

Well, off to grab a snack and watch a movie. Nothing better to do. :wacko:

Well, looks like the new job is messing with me again. They called me this morning to tell me not to come in because nobody had any work to do.

So I worked three hours as my old job in order to not waste the day. I'm seriously considering looking for a new new job! :naughty:

The good news in all of this is that the person I'm covering for is out of the country for three weeks, which in turn allows me to take advantage of those hours just in case I do have to look for a new new job!

I got my custom business cards in the mail today and they are really cool! Hopefully I'll manage to dredge up some business for the home job with them.

Things are pretty swell here at the moment. :nono2:

You sound like my Mom, she has been working this temp. job for 6 months now and they keep stringing her along and not hiring her. And keep shifting positions so just when she's got one down, they change it to another. Keep up the faith. :rolleyes:

Airies, I know what your mom is going through! I had a friend who was 8 hours away from becoming a permanent employee at a place she temped for... she cae back from lunch that day and they fired her so they wouldn't have to give her benefits! <_<

So... I'm hanging in there. I figure nothing in my life can be too much worse than my mom dying two weeks before I turned 21.

I got some bad news today. Hubby and I have been seperated for a while and I was trying to give him all the time he needed to decide whether we should work things out or not. Well, he told me tonight that his business is being sued and he filed for divorce in order to protect me from any liability! :rolleyes:

I respect his decision because he's trying to do the best thing for me and kiddo under the circumstances, but it sucks that his hand is being forced in this... it was looking like we'd be able to work things out. Part of me is tempted to fight the divorce and stick it out with him through the lawsuit, but we both know that if I do and he loses, we'll be horribly bad off and there's a chance I would hold it against him in the future. After all, the way divorce courts work in this state, we have a year until it goes in front of a judge, so if he comes ot okay, we can always reconsider and we just lose a bit in lawyer fees.

It's hard thinking that this might be final. If anyone has spare hugs available, I coulduse them!

<_< :rolleyes: Thought you might be in use of some flowers too. :) I'm sorry for your friends job. The world is a mean place. Not enough love in it. :)

I'm really sorry to hear about your marriage. My parents are going through a divorce after 36 years of marriage! I know what it is like to have a business that is not doing well. I have a full time job and run a small business on the side. This time last year I was on top of the world, now I'm having problems getting my customers orders to them. Money is tight! I wish you the best and hope that you can work things out in your marriage. :unsure: << another one for the road :)

Thanks for the hugs!

I'm supposed to be talking to a lawyer tomarrow... I detest anything that involves getting a lawyer, but it's got to be done.

I'm also working my "real" job tomarrow... the one that's giving me no hours. If they call me again and give me the "we have no work for you" line, I'm soooo outta there! :)

I've also had my Friday moved to a different store of the chain for my "temp" job. The bonus is that I get twice the hours... the downside is it's not a store I'm familiar with. Plus one of my coworkers made some really funny cartoons in MS Paint during slow times recently and I wanted to email them to myself so I could change my avatar here. I was also hoping he could put my head on a Starfleet uniform.

I'm kinda hoping I get a permanent offer for the "temp" job. My coworkers are all like one big family there.

They spent a few hours filling me in on things I missed out on since the last time I covered someone's vacation there. I got to hear all about the weird cult people and how they have decided that one of our coworkers is carrying a symbiont because he's all skinny but has a huge belly. I told them they were watching too much Star Trek and they just looked at me like I was nuts. Yup, they remember my rave reviews of Quark's Bar at the Star Trek Experience in Vegas from a few years ago. :)

All of my coworkers are closeted Trekkies... a few years back, our manager was preparing us for the holiday shipping season. It's a UPS shipping place, so it's waaay busy. Anyway, so the boss took us all aside and told us that in order to make maximum use of our space, that a package stack should look like a Borg Cube! :)

Hmm... where am I supposed to be that I'm not....

Oh yeah... work. Again, the darn place had no work for me today, so instead of offering to cover the other job, I decided it was time for a day off. I actually still have to attend a meeting/training session tonight, but I get most of the day to relax and catch up on housework.

I might try and get a nap in later... I think I'm running myself ragged. I was literally falling asleep at the computer yesterday evening. So then my grandpa sent me to the store... I went in and got groceries and stuff and forgot the one thing I really needed to get! At least I caught myself before I drove all the way home. Insomnia really messes you up!

Right now I'm waiting to hear from my lawyer. Yee-haw.

I'm also hoping my new Netflix rentals will get here today so I can have something fun to watch.

Well, that's about it for now. :vampire:

Ya lack of sleep can do weird things to the brain. :) :) :)

Good luck with your lawyer. I don't like them either. I have met only one honest one in my entire life. Well, I hope you find sleep tonight. A nap sounds like a good idea. :laugh: <excuse me. :laugh:

Good luck with your lawyer. I don't like them either. I have met only one honest one in my entire life.

Guess what my soon-to-be ex does for a living? He's from the south and with his accent, you ask him what he does for a living and it comes out that he's a "lyer." :)

Looks like I've found someone to handle my end of things. Unfortunately I had to hire someone on the expensive end of the scale since I have no idea how much cr@p a divorce entails and since my hubs is a "lyer" I figured the better lawyer would be in my best interest.

Sometimes I just wish I had an off-switch or a regeneration cycle. I have a hard time shutting down my mind at night no matter how early I start the unwinding process.

Well, it's midnight and I'm still up. Gotta work 10-6 tomarrow which essentially means I have to be out the door by 8:30 to fight traffic to the sitters and then to work.

I think my daughter's sitter is totally awesome, but it's a bummer having to drive out of my way to drop her off. She's going to have a daddy weekend this weekend, so I don't have to pick her up after.

Then I work a short shift Saturday and get a day to rest.

I had a sales seminar this evening for my photo studio job. It was pretty fun really. I think our district manager is hilarious!

Well, I've got a few minor things to do then I'm hitting the sack.

Well, my day sucked a little bit. I woke up late, had to rush to get kiddo to the sitter's, then the place I worked today has no parking, so I called the store to see where they all parked... "Oh... neither one of us has a car right now... go park (insert place with 2-hr limit and towing threat signs all over)."

So I parked at the mall instead. I work my photo studio job there, so I figured if they ticketed me, I could whip out my pay stub and say, "hey! I work here!"

So I spent 8 hours wondering why the heck I was sent to a place that didn't need any help. I think I may have worked a whole hour and spent the rest of the time waiting for something to happen.

I'm headed out the door and Richard (Lyer) calls me and says that he can't take kiddo this weekend after all, could I go get her, take her home and then just bring her by before I go to work tomarrow? Uh... well, I kinda planned to relax tonight, no, 2 hours in traffic isn't an imposition at all. Oh, you want me to work a few hours in your office tomarrow after I get done with my paying job? Ok, sure. Then I call the sitter and she's sent my kid out with her son to run some erands. Her son is 23, I think and he's an okay guy, but I wasn't happy that he was running errands with my 19 month old along! Grrr. So I called hubby back and asked him to please explain to our sitter (he's known them longer) why I don't want Chris taking my kid anywhere. Chris is a nice guy, but he tends toward the flaky side.

Then I had to wait a half hour for them to get my kid home so I could pick her up and drive a hour back to the place I live.

My daughter is getting more teeth to top things off. I want my sweet little girl back! :lol:

Good morning!

My weekend was pretty interesting! I locked my keys in my car on Saturday after work so hubby had to come rescue me. After we got the car situation taken care of, we went to the fair. It was fun, but very crowded as it has rained almost every day of the fair so far. We got home around midnight and I was too tired to drive back to my place, so I took over hubby's couch for the night. Kiddo has her own bed there... lucky girl!

I spent yesterday catching up on housework. Ick.

Then I decided I was going to work on a project for a friend overseas. I am trying to get past the regional encoding on DVDs for her so she can see some films she can't get where she lives. Anyway, my computer isn't cooperating (I'm trying to burn them to CD in mpeg format)... I have spent hours doing this... :(

But it looks like I may have finally got it. Now if only my CD burner will cooperate instead of giving me an error message after the first CD is burned, I'll be happy. It isn't cool to send someone part of a movie!

Oops, there's that error message again! Grrrrrrrr. :(

Home from work. Whoo-hoo!

My little computer project finally did what it was supposed to. I almost did a happy dance after I finally got done. For some reason, my CD burner rejects 3 out of 4 blank CD's. It's what I get for buying the cheap ones, I'm sure! :(

I got a large package of stuff I need to deal with for my home business today. I'm thinking of putting it off for a while because I'm darn tired right now. I just love Mondays! :laugh:

My new job is going pretty good. I still have those times when I want to :blink: though. I got sent home early because we had no business again, but at least I beat most of the traffic!

Well, off to cook dinner! Whoo-hoo! :(

Tireness seems to be going around these days. I have been exausted all the time. I think it's depression.

Ahh, the unpleasant trinity of depression, insomnia and fatigue. I think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder... I have a horrible time waking up unless there's bright light shining in my window! I have two alarm clocks to combat the problem! :b-day:

On to today's log...

Worked both jobs today and I feel it. Got called in early by my boss at the studio... just to be sent home early. Grrr.

So I worked till close at the other job. I figure I'll likely get 40 hour between the two this week. I'm dreading Thursday though, I've got an appointment with my lawyer at 8:30 am, then work from 12-4 and other job from 4:30 to closing. I'm gonna have to find a way to sleep in at least one day this weekend! :b-day:

Well, off to catch up on the boards before I start my evening chores.

I have a hard time waking up in the morning too. It's terrible. No matter how much sleep I get I have to struggle to get out of bed in the morning.

Two jobs on a daily basis. I don't know how you do it. I work 8 hours then pick up my 3 kids from 2 differnet schools and then my wife from work. (She doesn't drive) By the time I get home I'm tired again but usually find some yard work or help with dinner or with housework (if I'm not masking negatives or putting albums together or returning phone calls. Shooting weddings always wears me out, especially big ones like Fridays. (What a nightmare they were an hour late for photos so I had to work quick)

Good luck and try to get some sleep sometime.

On TV; I saw a bed invented by a 12 yeay old, if you don't get out of it on time it tips over and dumps you onto the floor.

God speed to you Kyra.

A bed that dumps you on the floor? Oh wow! What a creative kid! :P

Hmm... now if only it came with the backup "dump a bucket of water on you if you go back to sleep on the floor" feature! :)

Today was tiring but I'm sure tomarrow will be worse. At least I get my work schedule for one job tomarrow and if my hours look as bad as they have been, I'm gonna tell them that I'm seeking other work. That is, assuming the owner has enough work for me.

Well, I'm hitting the bed early tonight. I'm wiped out.

The bed sounds like a great idea to sell on an infomercial! :P I've been hitting the hay early these days myself, must be the changing weather. Gets dark earlier. Good luck on your jobs. :)

I had a nice, relaxing day today after running around like a crazy person for the past week. :lol:

I got off work at noon and was home by 2. Got to work on some things for a friend and then I took a nap! Ahhh, how I miss being able to take a nap every once in a while! :)

I also got some good news today... looks like the people who were suing hubby have dropped their suit after losing a related matter in court today! I won't get too excited until I see the papers in writing. They apparently agreed to drop the suit over a phone conference with the judge today, so it's not quite official yet! But I am very relieved that hubby won't be financially wiped out! :P

We're discussing whether or not to go ahead with the divorce. Unfortunately, I dropped off the retainer fee for my lawyer today, so it looks like I might be out a bit of money if we don't decide to get divorced now. I'm thinking we'll probably go ahead and sit on it for a bit... see what happens between us and all that. Our official court date is still 10+ months away, so we've got a bit of time to see if we can work things out.

At least with the lawsuit dropped, we'll get a bit more in child support than if hubby had lost the suit. :clap:

Edit... because I remembered I had more to say...

Looks like my avatar finally changed. I was up in arms for the last few days trying to figure out why it wasn't uploading right. Cleared my cache half a million times or thereabouts... but it finally changed! :clap:

I have to thank my buddy Lev for making the avatar for me. I think it looks a little goofy... but I'm a goofy girl, so I'll stick with it! Lev made this avatar on our computer at work... he was originally threatening to make me a Ferengi... ick. I'm funny looking enough as-is! He also made a bunch of pictures of me with some Middle Eastern cult leader. It's kind of an inside joke. Hopefully I can remember to get a disk so I can transfer the pictures over to my computer at some point... they are extremely funny! :laugh:

Well, another fun week of work has started for me. I've decided to give notice at the photo studio... it's getting pointless for me to commute three hours round-trip to work two and get sent home early. Wish me luck, I've always had a lousy time quitting jobs. :clap:

Right now I'm relaxing for a bit then I have to go upstairs and do the dishes. Ahh, the domestic life. :clap:

I had a bit of fun at job #2 today. My coworkers are all so funny. One of them came around the corner hollering that he was Sabretooth from X-Men. I had to inform him that he didn't have enough body hair! :clap:

I'm gonna have to start a thread about some of the other stuff this guy comes up with... :clap:

I changed my mind about quitting my "new" job again. I had a talk with the manager and essentially told her that the "old" job had offered me more hours and whatnot and that I still wanted to work a few days a week there, but there were specific days I needed to commit to the other place.

Looks like there won't be a problem. Part of me still wants to quit, but the owner of my other job isn't going to have a lot of hours for me for a few weeks yet. Might as well take advatage while I can. :b-day:

I also got my discount card today for the department store that houses our photo studio. I get 20% off everything in the department store, then 15% off photography and the hair salon. I forgot to ask if I got a discount for the optical center... hopefully so, I need new glasses!

I took advantage after work and bought some shirts I had been debating on for a while. It was a "buy one, get the second for $1" deal, so I got four shirts for the price of two. I also bought myself some new bed sheets. They're neon green. I have no logical idea why I have been wanting that sheet set for the past two weeks, but I bought them. I need to hit the kids department after my next paycheck, they've got good sales going on and I saw some adorable outfits for my daughter. :b-day:

I may decide to keep this job for a while after all. I haven't bought myself new clothes in a very long time!

Well, I was supposed to go to a concert tonight, but the ticket idiots never sent my tickets, my babysitter cancelled and my (future ex) father in law is back in the hospital. :b-day:

Oh well, I can't complain too much. My health is good, my car runs and I have a job. There are so many people I know going through hard times that I can't whine too much about a little missed recreation time. (the $57 I paid for the ticket on the other hand... :b-day: )

My second job got a new fax machine yesterday, so I told the guys we'd have to name it. The fax at one of the stores is names "Speedy," the other store, "Jammer." You might make a few assumptions on the performance of these machines by their names. Our old was was affectionately named "piece of (blank)." I'm leaning towards "Data" because this fax transmits data, of course, but it also points out the most useless information. The darn thing speaks in a very flat voice... "Begin transmission," "Paper jam," "End transmission." I've been telling it to shut up. Hmm... "Data, shut up!" sounds strangely familiar to me! :b-day:

Eh, I'm tired. Gotta go wash the dishes so I can a travel mug to take my coffee in in the morning! See, I've got my priorities straight... we don't need clean silverware, but it's a tragedy if I can't take my coffee in the car! :b-day:

Well, here I am and it's past my bedtime! I till need to get myself upstairs to run the dishes yet again. Whoo-hoo. :flowers:

Work was busy today. You'd think it was a Monday from all the foot traffic we got. And of course, job #1 still hasn't posted my schedule for next week. :flowers:

Other than that, not too much going on in the way of fun stuff. The highlight of my day was getting a package in the mail. Yay! Something I bought from eBay! :naughty:

Well, off to the midnight grind... gotta get the dishes done or no coffee for me in the morning... I need to buy more travel mugs, the two I have just aren't cutting it!

And yes, I do take two mugs of coffee in the car with me every morning. Starbucks is a little to steep for me to go there every day! :flowers:

I am sick. Blah. :blink:

I called in sick yesterday and today and I'm pretty sure I'm close to getting fired because they have some really out of whack policies of being sick. Apparently you have to call the manager at home four hours before your shift starts. Ok, I really feel good about calling somone at home at 6am to tell them that I'm sick when they already knew I was sick yesterday.

So I'm gettig written up for not calling today at six am... sick little me could not get up that early to make the phone call... I had the chills and I wanted to stay in bed. :rolleyes:

I don't really care, this is the same place that yesterday refused to give me my schedule over the phone. I'm gonna have to drag my sick self down there today to get my schedule which really defeats the purpose of trying not to get the others sick. :lol:

My grandfather even told me that if I wanted to tell them to kiss off, he'd pay my car payment for me until I find something better. I think I may give notice when I go in to get my schedule. I probably won't end up needing any extra money because I've got my other job as well and they want to give me hours. Whoo-hoo! :wow:

Well, I have to call my other job and let them know what's going on so they can schedule me accordingly. What a pain this mess is! :wow:

Get well soon Kyra_Ashleigh. :rolleyes:

I hear ya, you try to do the right thing and what does it get you; squat. Sounds like you got a good plan, good luck bringing it all together; you'll be fine. :blink: