Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kyra_Ashleigh

Kyra_Ashleigh's Personal Log...

My husband is moving his business out of the house and into an office space finally. I'm very happy because we have been driving each other nuts being in the house together constantly. Plus I don't have to deal with his annoying PITA clients anymore! *happy dance* :(

One of my friends stopped by earlier and gave me one of the William Shatner Tek books to read. I was sceptical about it, but it doesn't seem to bad so far. I'll have to thank her again next time she comes over.

I've been selling on Ebay and Half.com and I had a pretty good day today. I'm going to have to "go postal" with a few big packages tomarrow. I'm glad my sales are increasing again, I was 10 days late with the car payment last month because I had a slow period. I love being able to sit at home and help pay the bills this way.

Well, that's about it for now. I'll probably not update this every day.

Well, the office stuff is about half moved, but hubby acidentally packed up his play computer too, so he's been hogging mine. Grrr. I have to scan the system every time he uses it because I end up with a ton of spyware on it every time he uses it.

I'm pretty picky about my computer... it's my business, my stereo and my fun all rolled together.

The sun keeps trying to come out but it's not succeeding so far. I definitely wouldn't complain about another nice weekend.

Stayed up too late last night reading the Shatner book and watching DS9. Looks like I've got another stretch of insomnia coming on.

Well, off to make sure hubby didn't download any more Republican meeting minutes onto my system. Living with someone who's involved in politics can be a pain in the butt. I don't mind discussing politics and I like to be aware of things that are going on in government, but sometimes hubby can drone on for hours and hours. (where's the sleeping smilie?)

Living with someone who's involved in politics can be a pain in the butt. I don't mind discussing politics and I like to be aware of things that are going on in government, but sometimes hubby can drone on for hours and hours. (where's the sleeping smilie?)

here you go :flex: ..... sleepy4.gif

Nice to have you on personal logs, I look forward to reading them :)

Thanks RikerChick! :roflmao:

Didn't do too much in the way of exciting stuff today. Went to a few garage sales, hoping to find some good books or collectibles or something. I ended up spending $7 on a few videos (selling on eBay), a book that I've read a million times before (mine's losing the pages, go figure) and a Linkin Park CD.

One of the videos already sold on eBay... I paid .50 for it and it sold for $5.99! I get lucky with my finds sometimes!

Hubby left around 2pm for the law library and hasn't called or anything yet. This is what I get for whining that I'm getting sick of him being in the house all the time. Haha. Yesterday he had to run to Olympia and ended up getting home around 1am.

And I wonder why *I* have insomnia.

I forgot to mention... I finished the William Shatner book... it was a good read overall but the ending wasn't nearly as exciting as it could've been. I guess I'm going to have to pick up the rest of the series the next time I get to the junk shop!

Didn't get much of a chance to goof-off online yesterday. Hubby's friends somehow carried his personal computer to the office along with his work ones so he hogged mine for about 10 hours.

We went out to mexican food last night, it was nice. I had many margaritas and had to take a nap when we got home.

I've started reading Stephen King's Everything's Eventual. I can't say I'm super-impressed yet. Sometimes King takes a while to hook me and every once in a while one of his books never does.

I watched a few eps of DS9 last night. I guess I'm going to have to order season 2 since I'm almost done with season 1. I wish I had some money to blow because I'd order the rest of the DS9 set right now if I did.

I've been having recurring dreams about a dead guy. I wonder what they mean. It's not the dream that's recurring, it's the person. And most of the dreams really don't have anything profound in them. I had one a few nights ago that was pretty disturbing though. That one he was trying to get me to keep him from being killed... okay, so what the hell can I do to save the life of a person who died 7 years ago?

My friend keeps trying to convince me that there's no such thing as psychic powers and the like. I've agreed to disagree with him, but it's really too ironic that a fiction writer who writes along the lines of Dean Koontz doesn't believe in the supernatural.

I think I've blathered on long enough for today. :bow:

I do believe in psychic poweres. PM me sometime and ask why.

Another uneventful day here. I need to find some excitement pretty quick beofre I go stir crazy.

I finished watching my DS9 season 1 DVD's last night. I'm attempting to get into hubby's wallet to buy season 2. It took me quite a while to get into DS9, but I'm really enjoying it now.

I had to mediate a disagreement between my hubby and a friend of his yesterday. Hubby's very socially inept, so my job is to try and explain his thinking to others when he inadvertantly makes someone mad. Then I have to go and explain the other party's feeling to hubby so they can figure things out.

I'm getting ready to kick my computer because it won't let me install a game I want to play. I figure it's not compatible with my operating system since the game's a few years old... but still. I guess I need to build myself an older box just for gaming.

That's about it for now. Looking forward to the new episode of Enterprise coming up... I have to keep reminding myself to remind hubby because he'll whine if he misses it... especially if I watch without him.

Enjoyed Enterprise last night though I missed a good portion of it being interrupted by all kinds of stuff. I'm planning on re-watching it after dinner. :clap:

Had a fight with hubby this morning that left me in a pretty nasty mood all day. I hate fighting with people and hubby's the kind to never admit he's wrong.

He finally apologised, which happens maybe every six months or so. I just have a hard time understanding how my telling him, "that was NOT nice" is enough to cause a days worth of bad feelings. :)

However, I did get to order my DS9 season 2 and 3 DVD's yesterday... I also ordered TNG season 2 and 3. I'll be able to keep busy for a few weeks anyway! :flex:

I've got a late dinner in the oven, so signing off for now!

I love the Seattle area. I went to go to the post office and in the time it took me to lock the front door, it went from ugly to puring down rain. Nothing like a mini-monsoon to drench my urge to go to the park.

I've been trying to lose weight for a while now and on a decent day I walk at least three miles. Hopefully the weather will improve because I'm getting bummed out about not being able to go walking.

My friend Janette came over today and we had a nice discussion about books and movies. She's the movie expert, I'm the book expert, so we get together and recommend things to each other. She got rear-ended a few weeks ago by some numbnuts who gave her fake insurance information so we had a talk about that situation as well. The guy's offering to give her a broken-down Jeep in exchange for her not suing him. I advised her to run the other way as fast as she could and come back with a lawyer.

Hubby's off visiting his dad in Seattle so who knows when he'll be home. I'm just happy I didn't get dragged along. My father in law gives me the creeps big-time. He used to live with us and he'd go through my stuff and just sit and stare at me... when he wasn't hurling insults that is.

Hoping to relax a bit this weekend and possibly hit some yard sales. I get a real kick out of looking for neat stuff that I can resell on eBay (or keep)! I love weekends! :frusty:

Went out to a few garage sales today. Didn't find too much worth buying. All I came home with was a book.

It was a beautiful day to be out and about with the sun shining. I'm hoping the good weather sticks around a while!

Hubby's been working all day on some stuff about our current Attorney General who's running for Governor. At this point, I can't tell if his issues are leigtimate or if he just has a grudge against her. Eh... politics.... B)

Think I'm gonna go mellow out and watch some DS9. :blink:

I have an ear infection. Urgh. Not fun.

I'm getting impatient for my DS9 and TNG DVD's to get here. I've seen every DVD in the house at least twice and can't find anything that really needs watching again.

I picked up books over the weekend, so I'm working on two Catherine Coulter books right now then I've got another Shatner Tek book to read and I picked up Imzadi... I don't normally read Trek books, but I'm gonna give it a chance.

I'm also :rofl: trying to find some song lyrics. I know all the words, but I really don't want to have to type them out again. I guess this is what I get for liking obscure bands.

I've been having some very interesting conversations with Nem the last few days. So I've gotta say this...

Nem... you ROCK! :rofl:

I've had a lot of work to do today, so this is the first break I've taken. That's the thing about working from home, there's either nothing to do at all... or you have to ignore all your friends until you get caught back up!

Ooh, methinks I hear the mailman outside! :runs:

I still haven't gotten my DVD's. :bow: Must learn patience!

Right now I'm wasting a bit of time before I go empty the dishwasher and all that fun household stuff. Blah.

I really enjoyed Enterprise last night. I hope they keep up the good work!

The weather's beautiful, I may go sit on the deck and relax with a book for a while! :naughty:

Another beautiful day here!

I should be doing the dishes and putting away the laundry, but it's Friday and I'm goofing off instead. It's forgiveable... for now.

I found an internet version of an old BBS game I used to be addicted to. I'm trying to talk myself out of registering because I know if I start, I won't be able to stop.

And all this because I've decided to get my junky Tandy 1000 working again. Darn nostalgia. :blink:

My DVD's still haven't arrived. I'm so impatient. That's what I get for ordering internationally... I know delivery takes forever, but when the price is right... :)

I'm planning to go to a local swap meet tomarrow and look at junk. You never know what weird and interesting things you may find!

Someone in our neighborhood is throwing a party. I was outside for about five minutes earlier and 6 cars back to back ran the stop sign on our corner. Now I'm just waiting for someone to lose it and crash into the fence. It happens once every two years, so we're right on schedule.

Well, back to slave labor... err.... housework! :blink:

I've gotta say, that was the lamest swap meet I've ever been to! There must have been no more than 20 tables. And I even got up early expecting it to be big like it was when I was a kid! I got a few books and that's it.

My DVD's are finally here! Actually, I missed the mail delivery because of the lame swap meet, so I have to wait and get them from the post office on Monday! Doesn't it figure, the one day I'm out of the house, they have to come then!

It's darn hot here... 80 degrees on the first of May... what the heck? Normally it rains right on through until the third week of June and then it comes back for the 4th of July!

I've held out long enough, I'm going on an expedition to the basement to find our fans! :drool:

Been busy the last few days... not really constructive, just busy.

I'm pretty stressed over some family matters. I don't want to describe the whole mess, but the situation is really upsetting me. A year and a half ago, my grandfather had to have major heart surgery. I ended up taking care of his house and cat and bills because I was the only relative in the state. My uncle didn't even bother to come up until almost three weeks after the surgery.

Months later, grandpa had to have his gall bladder out which put him back into a recovery home for another month. Finally my uncle convinced him to go to California and stay with family down there. I figure it was because my uncle wanted his dad to be closer to him and my uncle secretly told me my grandpa was most likely not going to be coming back to Washington because of his health.

We moved into my grandpa's house and are caretaking for him. We have a decent deal here... we pay all the expenses on the house and no more. My grandpa also owns a summer home about three hours away. Now here's the problems...

My uncle recently told one of my cousins that WE should be paying for all the expenses on this other property as well. This was not in our lease agreement (yes, we got it in writing). The last time I tried to broach a financial subject with my uncle, he flew off the handle and called me a freeloader. Mind you, this uncle was present when my grandpa and I signed the lease agreement and he read it.

My grandpa gave me money to cover the expenses for the other house and that money ran out several months ago. I asked for more and was given some, but after all these dealings with my uncle, I'm afraid to ask for more money.

We've been covering all the required expenditures for the house we live in... taking care of the other place is just a favor! The other house is needing work and I discussed this with my grandpa last fall... but I'm afraid that approaching him with it again now that we need to plan the repairs is just going to touch off another fight with my uncle.

I guess I'm going to have to write him a letter with the details... my grandpa is hard of hearing and has a difficult time understanding things said on the phone. I'm just afraid that my uncle reads his mail and is going to call me and chew me out for even suggesting something that had been discussed last year.

So I've got two ways to go, I can either ask for the money to do the agreed-upon repairs... or I can let it go and get blamed for being irresponsible. Actually, either way I get insulted over what I'm donig as a favor, so I can't win.

Life is grand, eh?

I'm gonna go watch some DVD's and ponder this for a while.

Well, back after a few days of neglecting my log.

It sounds like we may have worked out a solution to at least part of the family problems I was whining about in my last post. Of course, in this family, every time you come up with a solution, another problem pops up. My grandpa has now announced that he's thinking about spending the entire summer at the summer house... alone! :blink:

I can't see the logic in that... the nearest relative would be more than 3 hours away and the neighbors up there only go up one weekend out of the month, so there'd be nobody to help him if there was a problem. :laugh:

Other than that, things are same old, same old. Just hoping I can come up with something interesting to do here and there. :flex:

I just finished messing around with some of my stuff on Eekbay. I'm not sure if I'm happy with my setup right now or not... but I guess I'm just gonna have to accept it as it is otherwise I'll be up all night.

So... my whine of the day... half.com is being phased out by the kind people who run it and Eekbay... which means that I have to transfer all my slower-moving inventory over to a totally different format. So, in the next few days, I have to edit 1300 listings or so. Not to mention the fees are higher. I'm willing to give it a chance but it better not suck too hard or else! :bow:

Run... no, walk... over to the links page if you want to see what kind of "junk" I sell. :P

Beyond that, I've decided to download the first season of ENT since I never got a chance to see those eps. Ok, I'm bad... I was indifferent to even giving the series a chance until I started dating my hubby. I knew there was *something* I liked about him! :P

(disclaimer, as soon as I can buy actual factory-produced ENT DVD's, I'll jettison the copies... but until then...) :bow:

I had a good Mother's Day... yes folks, I am a mommy. I don't brag on my daughter here too much because I spend the other half of my day doing so on parenting message boards. She's 15 months and is taller than most of the 2-year olds I see around! Looks like she's taking after my 7ft uncle! :o

Looks like I've got some time to relax... I'd better do that before I spend another hour revising my eBay stuff! :naughty:

I'm starting to get the impression that people don't like me here. Bummer.

It's just pretty lame that when you try to share different aspects of your life, people jump on you for it. I joined this board because I thought everyone seemed really nice and there weren't so many flaming wars like some places. I guess I just piss people off or something. :dude:

Oh well, it was fun for a while.

I'm starting to get the impression that people don't like me here. Bummer.

It's just pretty lame that when you try to share different aspects of your life, people jump on you for it.  I joined this board because I thought everyone seemed really nice and there weren't so many flaming wars like some places. I guess I just piss people off or something.  :wow:

Oh well, it was fun for a while.

:dude: I've never had any problems with you. What happened? I must have missed something. :wow:

I must say, I'm a lot like my cat. You can be petting me one minute and it's all good... but watch out when the claws come out! :wow:

I have a very Irish temper that I try to hold in check, usually if something upsets me I have to go away for a while so I can calm down.

Sometimes I think people mis-understand my quirky nature. I know I've said things at times that have been taken the wrong way. I was just getting the impression that maybe I was coming across as annoying or something. I'm a goofball at heart, but I also enjoy a serious debate... the two don't go very well together sometimes.

That said, as evidenced by my continued presence here, I can't bring myself to jettison the board over a few comments which I let get the best of me.

I figure it's about time to tell a bit more about myself... I can ramble on about one thing for days and days, but I guess it's hard for people to get to know you unless you share more.

I'm 26, married, with a 15-month old little girl. I've been a million different things, though parenting has got to be my most rewarding job yet. I have been a radio board operator and production assistant, a freelance photographer, a restaurant manager and a retail manager. I'm a closeted writer... totally afraid of letting anyone see my work.

As I mentioned above, I have the sterotypical Irish temper... I have relatives who still call my "Little Irish" for that reason. I respect other people's beliefs and though I may disagree with you, I do my best to not insult or degrade. I'm opinionated, but I'm always willing to hear another person's perspective.

I'm also very diverse. My mother was an ex-hippie and my dad was a Missouri farm boy... having been raised by two different backgrounds, I have a lot of interests that some people wouldn't consider mixing, such as the fact that I'm just as likely to listen to classic country as I am to listen to modern hard rock. My music collection probably has something for everyone in it.

I'm not so bad... I'm just goofy as all heck! :dude:

An opinionated, quirky young mother who likes photography, has worked in restaurants and retail and has a hot temper. Sounds like we could be long lost sisters. :wow::dude:

Hey RC! I could use a sister! :hug:

Just got in from playing in the backyard for a few hours. I'm trying to make a video for my mother in law, but the batteries for the videocam are so old, they die after a minute or two. It stinks, I have 6 batteries for the darn thing and none of them last more than a few minutes.

Our cottonwood trees are shedding and I've got the stuff all stuck in my hair from being outside. At least my allergies aren't acting up as of yet! :force:

My daughter has been learning how to be gentle with our two kitties. It's so cute, Fluffy came up to her while we were outside and kiddo petted him so nicely! Misty, our other cat is scared of everything and doesn't even get close to the little one.

I don't know if I mentioned it here or somewhere else, but I've been trying to befriend another stray cat in the neighborhood. I had a big scare the other night, looked outside and thought it was our striped friend... but it was a HUGE racoon! I have to keep reminding myself that I don't live in the city anymore and it's a bad idea to put food out!

Nothing's blown up or caught fire today, which is always a good thing! B)

S'ok RC! Riker's all yours! I prefer Picard... though lately I've been thinking O'Brien is cute in a goofy sort of way. :)

I'm a softy for animals though... if every person I knew came by once a day with a stray for me to take care of, we'd have to get a second house! :thumbs:

Our cottonwood trees are shedding and I've got the stuff all stuck in my hair from being outside. At least my allergies aren't acting up as of yet! :)

You too? My first year at this house - last year - it appeared as if it had snowed !

I would love to have a cat, but my wife thinks they're sneaky! Go figure. So we have a golden retriever named Jazmine [the 'JAZ' in my username]. She may not be sneaky, but she is definitely a few bricks shy a full load. Has a goofy smirk when I call her. LOL. :thumbs:

Wow! Golden Retrievers are such sweet dogs! I've never had a dog of my own... my parents didn't want anything bigger than a cat. :dude:

It's the first time in a few days I've managed to get over here and see what's new. Ebay mangled all 900 listings they moved over from half.com for me so I spend two days repairing the damage. You know that old saying "if you want something done right..."?

Anyway, I still have some minor problems, but at least I got most of the major stuff cleaned up. Just hoping the latest glitch fixes itself because I've edited and edited and nothing changes. Grrr.

Things have been going pretty well with the exception of the above. Sent out a baby gift to a friend the other day, went to a few garage sales and bought some CD's, my cousin stopped by to visit. My cousin is a really great girl... she was always like my older sister when we were kids... and of course, I ended up with the reputation as ringleader... I dunno why... it really wasn't my idea to take buses all over the bad parts of Seattle late at night. No... wasn't me!

It also wasn't my idea for us to have coffee pots hidden in our bedrooms, go tp'ing my mom's boyfriend's car (mummified), bring home stray animals, put vinegar in our parents vodka, climb out the window at night and go sit on the overpass watching cars go by, etc, etc, etc. And it most definitely wasn't anyone's fault when we rented the little motor boat up at the lake and the motor fell off because it wasn't fastened on right! :unsure:

I turn 27 on the 20th. I've already started reminding hubby... the man never remembers holidays.

Happy Birthday to me... one disaster after another all wrapped in a box... yadda-yadda. :laugh:

There's a lot of background to my big problems, so I hope I don't put anyone to sleep... but here goes...

This time last year, my grandpa moved down to California to live with my uncle because of serious health problems. DH and I moved into his house to take care of it for him and also manage his vacation property.

My grandpa's a very stubborn man, he's had a triple bypass, gall bladder removed and various other hospital stays in the past two years. He's also showing signs that his memory is deteriorating, though I'm the only one who seems to notice when I talk to him.

He called me today to tell me he's coming back to Washington to stay at the vacation house for the summer. ALONE!!!

He asked if I could get his car running and take it up there for him. After three days of tinkering, the car runs. but the tags are expired and you have to be the registered owner in this state to get new ones. I have to get a trip permit, get emissions done, deliver the car to it's location and come home in the next 3 days.

Okay, no biggie. My main worry is about him staying alone up there. I'm the nearest relative to the vacation house... and it's an almost 4-hour drive! His neighbors may be there one or two weekends a month. So he would literally be all alone. I'm scared to death that something will happen to him... and I'm just as worried about him driving since he didn't drive too well before he got sick and he hasn't driven a car at all in almost two years!

I told him today that I was worried about him being all alone and he told me something along the lines of, "You won't need to worry too much because I'll be dead soon!"

As you can guess, that's got me pretty upset. The doctors all say his health is greatly improved, but I don't think he's okay to stay on his own. My uncle and cousins all seem to agree, but there's no stopping grandpa when he gets his mind made up.

So, all that said, I'll be leaving tomarrow or Saturday to deliver the car with my cousin and clean up the other house good for him.

I just keep telling myself that things are out of my hands and to just do the favors I've been asked, but I'm worried sick about my Grandpa. If anyone reading this could send some well-wishes his way, it would be very appreciated!