• Kirk
    • Picard
    • Sisko
    • Janeway
    • Archer
    • Pike ("The Cage")
    • Jellico ("Chain of Command")
    • some minor captain that I left out

Ok, I know that Sisko isn't technically a captain, but he was the guy in charge of DS9, which is close enough. Plus, he doesn't deserve to be left out.

Anyway, I liked Kirk best. Even though William Shatner wasn't the best actor (to say it nicely) Kirk was a great character. He kicked butt, had a great sense of adventure, and had a way with the ladies :laugh:

We have a Favorite Captain poll here in Ten Forward. :laugh:

Also, Sisko is promoted to Captain in DS9's season 3 finale. Since he spends 4 out of 7 seasons as a Captain, he's usually referred to as Captain Sisko.

NOTE: Try using the "search" feature before starting a thread if you feel it might already exist. I do this often. :wacko:

I liked Kirk.He was the man.He broke the rules.He was cute and his shirt was ripped in almost every episode ..good enough for me

(I also liked everyone else too.Except Archer..Man needs more than one facial expression)

I voted for Picard, he's my favorite, but I like Kirk because he didn't bother to think about things to much, delegate that stuff to Spock. who needs it. :laugh:

Given Janeway's predicament she not only commaded a Starship but she had to dance backwards in high heels too, what ever that means :laugh: Who said that anyway? :wacko:

We have a Favorite Captain poll here in Ten Forward. :huh:

Also, Sisko is promoted to Captain in DS9's season 3 finale.  Since he spends 4 out of 7 seasons as a Captain, he's usually referred to as Captain Sisko.

NOTE: Try using the "search" feature before starting a thread if you feel it might already exist.  I do this often. :(

I feel that Jean-Luc Picard made the best captain. In my mind he embodies all the qualities of an excellent leader, including the ability to accept advice, the instinct to make a quick and forthright decision when counsel is not needed, appropriate reserve, character, intelligence, discipline, discretion, and I know I could say more.

However my favorite captain is James T. Kirk ( although I love all the others just about as much).

I think "best" and "favorite" are two different words, and this is a different thread with a different question.

I think "best" and "favorite" are two different words, and this is a different thread with a different question.

True, but most of the time, a "best" poll here at STF is usually the same as a "favorite" poll without any distinction. :(

The best captain?

Jean-Luc. No doubt. He might not have been that "relaxed" as Kirk, Janeway, Archer or Sisko were with their crew (he always put some distance between himself and his crew, but that changed slightly in "All Good Things..." when he joined his officers in their poker game :( ), but I think that was exactly what made him so popular among the crew.

I also like the fact that he's always trying to find a peaceful solution, no matter what happens. :huh:

Given Janeway's predicament she not only commaded a Starship but she had to dance backwards in high heels too, what ever that means :( Who said that anyway? :huh:

There's a quote that says something to the effect "remember Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did but she did it backwards and in high heels"

I voted Janeway as the Best captain - I think her challenges were extreme and she did a great job in getting her crew home.

Great Captains but the best ones in my opinion were Kirk, Sisco, Picard and Janeway. (in that order!)..I went with Kirk..I still feel that he was the best.

All the captains in the poll do display excellent qualities I that I would like to see in a commanding officer. Each on of them had different challenges that the other one did not have to face. To say which is better is not far to them.

Edited by Odie

KIRK who else..lol...sorry but hes the man and imo the best ever captain starfleet had :huh: ..BRING BACK KIRK!!!!!!!! :(

I say Sisko. every other captain. Was there when it started. You got to see him grow and become a captain

Wow, QSMB. I am surprised that you forgot Spock was a captain in movies two through six. Of course he is my favorite. But for the people in your poll, I chose Kirk because he was awesome too.

Wow, QSMB. I am surprised that you forgot Spock was a captain in movies two through six. Of course he is my favorite. But for the people in your poll, I chose Kirk because he was awesome too.

GAH! You're right *slaps slef* BAD QSMB! Mst've had too much caffine when I made the poll, it makes me all ADD, :roflmao: