Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

How Long?

How long did you lurk here before joining STFS?  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you lurk here before joining STFS?

• A few minutes
    • A few hours
    • A day or less
    • A few days
    • A week or less
    • A few weeks
    • A month
    • A few months or less
    • More than a few months

How long did you lurk here before joining STFS (poll above) and what was it that caused you to take the plunge and become a member?

I was so happy to have a way outta of being a regular at st.com that I jumped right in and never looked back.

Usually I try not to waste too much time :thumbs:

I was on ST.com and noticed how horrific it was..then saw a link here. The rest is history

Edited by chronic

Stardate:214429.8

Well once I got VBG's invitation in the badlands I came here and looked around for a few hours to make sure this wasnt more of the same.After I was convinced I signed up and I am happy I did(man that was almist a year ago!)

I googled startrek chat and this site was the friendliest I joined in minutes! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Been partying ever since!

I didn't lurk. I joined right in. So a few minutes. This is my first Trek site. Lol.

Edited by bysty

I followed a link from ST.com I had only been there a few days but didn't like it. I looked around here at the posts for about half an hour, liked what I saw and joined. :thumbs:

After a few minutes I knew that I liked it very much here. And I really love this place. I won't leave :frusty:

<_<

I lurked for a few mins once i saw the posts and how friendly this place was i knew that i had found a place i like to call home <_< :frusty: :huh:

Just a few minutes.

Saw the link on that other site. Why even say the name.

saw that It was by far A much BETTER PLACE.

More to see more to do.

Very friendly people.

Signed right up. Very happy I did.

BEST TREK SITE ANYWHERE!!!

I'm still lurking. <_<

(Honestly, I don't remember. :frusty: )

Just a few minutes..If that..I knew right when I saw the portal page that this site was different and awesome!! I was used to the message boards at ST.com and Trekbbs.com...

I joined in the first few minutes but after a few hundred posts just lurked around for a while. Fortunetly I'm back now so you can all be happy! <_<

I joined on finding it and then made it one of the favourites on my favourites bar

I joined as soon as I got here. I always jump in head first, usually I hit my head on the bottom of the pool, but trekfans has been a good thing. <_<

I would of said a few minutes but I had checked the place a little the day before I joined. I think the reason I did not register the first day was that I just enjoyed reading the threads. When I went off the link, I did not register. The following day, I registered before I began to read. I then introduced myself on the new members intro forum. After that, I proceeded to read. I did not really post anything for about a week. Eventualy I started to get to know some of the members. As you notice, I never really did post much. I am surprised I have as many as I do. Actually, most of my posts are from last summer. There has been so much going on in my life, that I really have not had much of chance to be around here much.

I actually had been lurking for about a week, since I had seen the link at ST.com. Then after that week of reading the old threads, I ended up joining not too long after Takara did, and the rest is history.

Nowadays I do not post much because I have a lot going on in my life. Yeah I do have a high post count, but majority of those posts came from my first few months here.

Guest EJP

I lurked a few minutes. I'll be honest and tell you why I joined. I needed a new Trek site to hang at, since Startrek.com lost it's chat.

I came here because I was told that the people from the ST.com lounge were now here and I signed up almost immediately just so I could talk to people. :laugh:

I used to be in Voyagers Log UK until I came upon this site, and I found it a lot better and more friendly with more forums to read through, so after a few hours of going through everything I decided to join up and have been here ever since, and I'm really glad I did this site is great long may it continue :)

1 minute...

I hated st.com...

horrible mods..

too much cleetus...

You all remember....

1 minute...

I hated st.com...

horrible mods..

too much cleetus...

You all remember....

All too well and would you believe cleets is STILL spamming around there? :) Where is the law???

I joined as soon as I came here. I like to join all the interesting message boards I come across. I belong to like 10 of them :)

It took me about a month because I heard about this site from a friend a few weeks after he joined. I'm glad I did take the time to join. :flex: :) :clap:

This is a great site to be a part of. :) :wow::D