Sign in to follow this  
fenriz275

Strange Eating Habits

I thought I'd start this thread so we can share any strange eating habits that we might have. Here's some of mine.

I usually eat just once a day, I don't have much of a sweet tooth (i've turned down chocolate), and I put ketchup on macaroni and cheese.

Yes I'm strange but you all knew that.

I usally only eat once a day also.

But as a snack I like pickle sandwiches.

I also mix my peas and mashed potatoes together, and I put tabasco sauce on everything, and I am a freak :) and proud of it :elephant:

I can eat bannana, peanut butter and cheese sandwiches...

:)

yum...

I enjoy both peas and sweet corn mixed with mashed potatoes.

When I was in college, the dining common made the best buttery yeast rolls for Sunday dinner. They also made their own ice cream. The best treat in the world was putting the ice cream IN the warm rolls and eating it that way...yum!

I'm a sucker for sweetened carob chips, too. I enjoy them more than chocolate chips! And I make the Liptons chicken and broccoli rice and mix sweet and sour sauce in with it. (Kraft's S&S sauce is the best!)

I am addicted to burger king my fav is a chicken sandwich with cheese*drools*now i have a new car i go every day to burger king just for that :picard-sith:

I've spent about 1.5 years in Japan for work, and some of the typical Japanese eating habits include:

- It's polite to slurp your food - the louder the better.

- One can pick up his bowl, bring it to your face, and drink right out of it.

- People eat raw eggs with rice and natto, fermented soybeans.

- In general, Japanese people eat much faster than Americans.

I picked up many of these habits there, and was a bit out of place when I first returned to the U.S. However, the Japanese also think Americans have odd eating habits. One of the biggest differences include the fact that Americans "overcook" everything. That

means that we process, mash, grind, and "mutilate" our food (e.g., hamburger).

American's, on the other hand, are typically struck by the Japanese "fresh" food. In

fact, many of the elegant Japanese meals still have the face on them (American's have

a hard time eating something that still has the eyes). In fact, the most elegant Japanese meal I've eaten was a large platter of fish set in the center of the table at a restaurant, but the fish was still alive with the skin just peeled back. The diner was expected to just pick the meat of the fish and eat it. A bit uncomfortable, but there was no question as to the freshness of the meal.