Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Star Trek voices

Who's your favorite Star Trek voice?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who's your favorite Star Trek voice?

• William Shatner
    • Leonard Nimoy
    • James Doohan
    • DeForest Kelley
    • Majel Barrett Roddenberry
    • George Takei
    • Nichelle Nichols
    • Walter Koenig
    • Patrick Stewart
    • Jonathan Frakes
    • Brent Spiner
    • Michael Dorn
    • Levar Burton
    • Gates McFadden
    • Marina Sirtis
    • Wil Wheaton
    • Denise Crosby
    • Avery Brooks
    • Rene Auberjonois
    • Terry Farrell
    • Armin Shimerman
    • Colm Meaney
    • Alexander Siddig
    • Nana Visitor
    • Cirroc Lofton
    • Kate Mulgrew
    • Robert Beltran
    • Roxann Dawson
    • Robert Duncan McNeill
    • Ethan Phillips
    • Robert Picardo
    • Tim Russ
    • Jeri Ryan
    • Garrett Wang
    • Jennifier Lien
    • Scott Bakula
    • Jolene Blalock
    • Connor Trinneer
    • Dominic Keating
    • Anthony Montgomery
    • Linda Park
    • John Billingsley

A lot of Trek actors do narration and voice-overs for commercials. I've noticed they all have very distinctive voices and are easily recognizable. Who's your favorite based only on the sound of their voice?

If I've forgotten your favorite, feel free to list them. I've only listed major characters, you can mention minor ones as well.

I think mine is probably Michael Dorn. I especially enjoyed his line "Captain, I must protest. I am not a merry man."

Tough choice..I went with Majel Barrett Roddenberry..The voice of the computer..I also have 2 of those Star Trek voice activated light dimmers in my home...So I hear her voice everyday when I turn my lights on and off.. :bow:

I love Nimoy's voice. When he does the voiceover at the end of The Wrath of Khan, that's one of my all time favorite StarTrek moments.

Wow :blink: hard choice there but if I had to pick one it has to be Patrick Stewart :wow:

I go with Patrick Stewart, of course. I love his voice when he says... "Space... the final frontier..." And then... this awesome Yorkshire accent... *passes out* :blink:

Gotta love his voice! :wow:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I go with Patrick Stewart, of course. I love his voice when he says... "Space... the final frontier..." And then... this awesome Yorkshire accent... *passes out*  :blink:

Gotta love his voice!  :o

:wow: Of course, I knew you would vote for Patrick Stewart, Mrs.Picard, and I agree that he has a wonderful voice. :o

So far, Leonard Nimoy has a slight lead. I'm a little surprised that Shatner hasn't gotten more votes, his voice is all over the place in Priceline and Wendy commercials and such. Of course, Nimoy has joined Priceline now. Majel Roddenberry is understandable, she has a marvelous voice and has been heard in several of the Star Trek series. And those Star Trek inspired light dimmers must be fun, spacetigger!!

I love Nimoy's voice. When he does the voiceover at the end of The Wrath of Khan, that's one of my all time favorite StarTrek moments.

I totally agree with you. Nimoy has such a beautiful, sexy voice. My heart be still. :blink:

I really like Kate Mulgrew. She is very soothing to listen to and ennunciates her words well too.

Avery Brooks. he makes Micheal Dorn sound like a wimp.

I would rather have Brooks mad at me than Dorn. I like Brooks, but Dorn's voice reminds me of James Earl Jones (THE voice).

A lot of Trek actors do narration and voice-overs for commercials.  I've noticed they all have very distinctive voices and are easily recognizable.  Who's your favorite based only on the sound of their voice? 

If I've forgotten your favorite, feel free to list them.  I've only listed major characters, you can mention  minor ones as well.

I think mine is probably Michael Dorn.  I especially enjoyed his line "Captain, I must protest.  I am not a merry man."

Although Kate Mulgrew is my all time favorite actor and her voice is amazing, I actually voted for Avery Brooks. His voice has a hypnotic distinctiveness about it and I could listen to it all day. I will never get sick of that smooth, free flowing sound of his incredible voice.

Madam Captain out!!

So hard....

Nimoy, Stewart, Doohan, Takei, Dorn, or Roddenberry?

So it's tied between Nimoy and Stewart. Anybody else have an opinion?

com'on when he says captain they order us to surrender our wessel, oo when he asked where are the nucular wessels is a hoot