Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Butter or Margarine?

Butter or Margarine?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Butter or Margarine?

• Butter
    • Margarine

DO YOU KNOW... "The difference between margarine and butter?

Both have the same amount of calories. Butter is slightly higher in saturated fats at 8 grams compared to 5 grams. Eating margarine can increase heart disease in women by 53% over eating the same amount of butter according to a recent Harvard Medical Study. Eating butter increases the absorption of many other nutrients in other foods. Butter has many nutritional benefits where margarine has a few only because they are added! Butter tastes much better than margarine and it can enhance the flavors of other foods. Butter has been around for centuries where margarine has been around for less than 100 years.

Now for Margarine...

Very high in Trans Fatty Acids... Triple risk of Coronary Heart Disease ...Increases total cholesterol and LDL (thi! s is the bad cholesterol) Lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol) .... Increases the risk of cancers by up to five fold...

Lowers quality of breast milk ... Decreases immune response... Decreases insulin response. And here is the most disturbing fact...

HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC...This fact alone

was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that

is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

YOU can try this yourself: purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things: no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something) ... it does not rot or smell differently...because it has no nutritional value, nothing will grow on it...even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic."

We are switching back to butter, how about you?

I've read this before AE. I believe my brother sent it to me awhile back. Pretty incredibile isn't it? However, it is margarine for me..! It's worth it just for the lower Sat Fat content..Actually lately I've been using this vegetable oil/yogurt spread instead of margarine. Much better, no Trans Fatty Acids...Sorry, but I feel butter is something to stay away from. (IMO)

I don't like butter. I rarely eat it, except when I'm cooking something which needs it to taste better in the end. :frusty:

I like margarine better. But, not much, please. Makes me fat. :clap:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Now for Margarine...

Very high in Trans Fatty Acids... Triple risk of Coronary Heart Disease ...Increases total cholesterol and LDL (thi! s is the bad cholesterol) Lowers HDL cholesterol, (the good cholesterol) .... Increases the risk of cancers by up to five fold...

I have Margarine but after reading this ;) I'll have to change to Butter :)

Is this one of the "you know you are bored when..." topics?

You know I almost didn't post it for that very reason but the bit about margarine being only one molecule away from being plastic swayed me into posting it anyway.

Butter grew up with it and put it on most foods I eat!!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Butter

:( :laugh: :lol: :hug:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Whichever is cheapest.

I'm on a budget. B)

My preference is for butter.

DO YOU KNOW... "The difference between margarine and butter?

..................>>>

HERE IS THE PART THAT IS VERY INTERESTING!

Margarine is but ONE MOLECULE away from being PLASTIC...This fact alone

was enough to have me avoiding margarine for life and anything else that

is hydrogenated (this means hydrogen is added, changing the molecular structure of the substance).

YOU can try this yourself: purchase a tub of margarine and leave it in your garage or shaded area. Within a couple of days you will note a couple of things: no flies, not even those pesky fruit flies will go near it (that should tell you something) ... it does not rot or smell differently...because it has no nutritional value, nothing will grow on it...even those teeny weeny microorganisms will not a find a home to grow. Why? Because it is nearly plastic."

We are switching back to butter, how about you?

120639[/snapback]

O.M.G. That's absolutely disgusting!!!

Click For Spoiler
AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

I voted magarine because I've eaten it my entire life. I've tried butter and prefer it, but even the spreadable stuff doesn't spread. No matter, because I'm switching to butter ASAP!

I ate margarine my entire until about a year and a half ago, because that was all my Dad bought. Then I discovered that butter tastes infinitely better and now I never use margarine. Go butter!