Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Your first episode of Trek

What was the first episode/film that you saw and made you become a fan?

For me this question is a little difficult as from my knowledge I have been watching Star Trek all my life. But I do remember watching a lot of The Wrath of Khan while I was growing up and I am fairly sure that the first Trek video that I ever bought included the episode "A Piece of the Action" so they must have played some part.

The first episode that was on after I was born was The Savage Curtain. I can't say specifically that I "watched" it since I was only 5 days old. I can say for sure that my head was pointed in the direction of the TV and the sounds of Kirk talking to Lincoln went into my ears lol.

I have no memory of which episode was the first one I paid attention to, though I know it was a TOS episode and it was in the very early 70's.

Bread and Circuses was my first..Funny, I saw it by accident as a teenager in a hobby store..I've been hooked ever since..

:lol: Hmm. Like TM said, I've been watching it since birth in some form or other, so I have no idea. Since TNG wasn't out yet, I'm sure it was a TOS rerun, but I'll hafta ask my mom next time I talk to her. :lol:

My first Trek episode was TOS's premier episode "way back in the beginning". It was love at first site, and I've seen every episode of every Trek series ever since - except 'Doctor's orders". My (!) VCR malfunctioned & didn't tape it!!! :lol: :lol: I'll have to see it Sunday.

I don't remember which episode I watched first. I remember being very young and hiding behind the sofa because I was scared of the Gorn so that's the first episode I remember but not the first that I watched. I have been a fan ever since :lol:

I was six years old when my uncle took me to see STARTREK IV

after that i was hooked :lol:

The Savage Curtain, I think.  Although I wasn't born yet when ST was in its first run.  *blinks innocently at VBG*

LOL Well I was only "around" for 3 of the first run episodes, and one of those I was only 5 days old. But I'll proudly proclaim to have been breathing oxygen during all of Star Trek's incarnations. I only missed out on the first 76 episodes lol.

Sorry, can't remember. That's too long ago. I watch Trek since the first runs of TOS end of the 60ies. How old was I then? Well 9, 10, don't know. So, sorry that's really too long ago.

hmmm, a very difficult question, i was brought up on tos and can always remember watching it, i love all the series with voyager being my favorite, however my favorite film is st3, prehapse that did play a part! :lol:

"Relativity" - Very late arrival to Trek, but I've seen lots of re-runs since then... Perhaps if any of my parents or older siblings had been interested in Trek when I was younger, I would've started a bit earlier. :lol:

That was "Cause And Effect", TNG. It was in 2002, I think (I don't know how many re-runs TNG had here on TV :blink: ). Yeah, I know, I started quite late... ;)

Mrs. Captain Picard

I honestly can't remember... I've been watching TOS since I was born to a trekkie couple, and TNG since it came out (ENT too).

Hi there :force:

I'm relatively new to the world of Star Trek, as I have only been watching it for about a year (I'm in my late 20s) I never saw any Trek as a child and I didn't know anyone else that watched it either The first episode of Trek that I watched properly was 'The Thaw'. I had never seen Voyager before but this episode got me hooked. Although I had watched some episodes of TNG and I had seen most of the TNG movies, I really had no idea what was happening. When my flatmate moved in over a year ago, she introduced me to Star Trek, as she has been a huge trekkie for about ten years. After watching The Thaw, my flatmate suggested we watch Voyager from start to finish and in order. We did that and now I'm hooked on Trek!

I have now seen the entire seven seasons of Voyager and I own several episodes on video. My flatmate also has lots of episodes on tape, so between us, we have about half of the series on video (including Caretaker, all of season 5, Endgame and heaps of other eps inbetween). I'm planning to buy season 1 of Voyager on DVD soon. I'm now watching DS9 - which is a fantastic series and I have seen most of season 5. I didn't like DS9 at first but after season 1, I loved it. I went out and bought seasons 2 and 5 on DVD.

If I ever had children, I'm definitely going to raise them on Star Trek. I even have names from ST picked out for any kids I may have in the future. I don't like common names and ST is a great show to pick up unusual names, not to mention great role models.

Madam Captain out!!

I think it was 'Where no man has gone before," the one where Kirk's friend was transformed into a creuel "godlike" being, whom Kirk had to kill. My sister and I were there that first season of TOS.

Edited by mjham

i know the first startrek thing i ever saw was when i was a little girl, my dad has first contact on the tv.. i hid under my bed scared of the machein men all night.. hehe took em a while for them to get me to come out from under there ;) but my first ep i think was..well im not to sure ill get back to you all on this one.. ;)

Hmm.....I'd have to say that when I first saw "Caretaker, Pt. 1 & 2" I became fascinated with Voyager. I started watching all of the Voyager episodes I could after that. Once I was hooked, I needed as much trek as I could get. I am on a quest to see every episode of every series. Two down (TOS & VOY), three to go... ;)

;)

Jaina

I can remember watching an episode ot TOS when I was young, and an Episode of TNG, and I remember thinking how odd it was that they were in space and not wearing space suits...

"The Man Trap," September 8, 1966.

As old as I am, I still remember that day fondly. :whistling:

"The Man Trap," September 8, 1966.

As old as I am, I still remember that day fondly. :whistling:

I think we need a special designation for all the "there for the first episode" fans - other than the "older than dirt club" :(

I even still remember seing the previews and waiting impatiently for the first ep. I try to remember this when my niece who is 9 talks about movies she wants to see - and I think I was only a year older than her when I became a trekkie

I can't tell you what first episode I watch. I have been watching Star Trek since I was a very small girl. Star Trek has been part of my life.

I also don't remember. I know it was TNG, though. I was six when TNG started its magnificent run. It was probably "The Naked Now"... I vaguely remember being fascinated and laughing at Data as he worked to put the control chips back into place.