Sign in to follow this  
adm. stickler

What is your favorite Star Trek technology?

What is your favorite Star Trek technology?  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Star Trek technology?

• warp drive
    • dermal regenrator
    • holodeck
    • transporter
    • replacator
    • photon torpeido
    • quntum torpeido
    • phaser
    • tractor beam
    • other(name it)

I voted for the replicator. So many problems in the world would be instantly gone - hunger, want, etc. - with replicator technology.

I voted for replicator - but I'm not as noble as Takara who was thinking about others. I was thinking about how much I hate to cook - or about those times when I realize I've used my last Mt. Dew. That was a hard choice because I also commute over 55 miles a day(each direction) and there have been times I'd like to step onto a transporter pad at the end of the workday.

I voted for the replicator.  So many problems in the world would be instantly gone - hunger, want, etc. - with replicator technology.

People's attitudes have to change first. With the way the world is now only the rich would have them. The Earth has enough food for everyone, it's just not getting to those who need it most. :)

i voted transporter, though i remember pretending my room was a holodeck when i was twelve...transporters are just so darn useful (as long as the bugs are all worked out of them)...just think, you could go anywhere without having to fly....it would make vacations alot easier, and if you wanted your special shops pizza or something, you can get it from about anywhere! i just dont think replicators can ENTIRELY reproduce yummy tastes...

Transporters would be very handy for moving. No packing and moving everything you own. Just put it on the transporter and beam it to the new place. :)

Ok so I just moved and there are boxes everywhere. :laugh: :)

Transporters would be great! I commute to school sometimes up to four times a week, and that is a 45 minute drive. As well as the fact that many stores I go to are not found locally. Or the fact that most of the competitions I have ever went to, or will be taking my students to are two, three, four or even five hours away from my home town! Then, you add the fact that my car really needs some repairs....a transporter would solve my problems!

The replicator would definately come in close second for me, and the holodeck in 3rd.

It was a really hard decision. I voted for Transporters. Imagine being able to lounge around the house until about five minutes before you had to go to work then just step on the pad. Also, I have a lot of family and friends that live hours or days away, and it would be great to just step on the pad and go visit them for dinner. Replicators would definitely be a close second, I love to cook, but I am single, and it is kind of pointless to cook for one person. Too much effort for such a small product. Would love to just replicate a cheesburger and a cup of Earl Grey and be done with it.

Well being as though I live by the rule "Lookout for #1" (ME), it's a toss between the holodeck or replicator, but i'm going holodeck, because i think it's cool to be able to create any place you want from anytime, anyone from history. A replicator would be cool to make things like food or other things, but i want a holodeck.

Also, I have a lot of family and friends that live hours or days away, and it would be great to just step on the pad and go visit them for dinner.

That could be a bad thing too. Unwanted visits from annoying relitives. bedlam.gif

I like the holodeck, but the replicator would be my second choice (but think - you could replicate things on the holodeck! haha)

I voted for Holodeck, because on a cold winter night, id just set up a program that would place me in a warm beach, give my self a lil holo sun tan, and have chocolate ice cream with a holo counselor troi :bow:

I voted for Holodeck, because on a cold winter night, id just set up a program that would place me in a warm beach, give my self a lil holo sun tan, and have chocolate ice cream with a holo counselor troi :D

Barclay, is that you!!! You're supposed to be on duty mister!! :bow:

My vote is for warp drive. Can you just imagine how much would be open to the human race! The holodeck would be pretty cool too!

I like the holodeck, but the replicator would be my second choice (but think - you could replicate things on the holodeck! haha)

oh yeah! good point! maybe you could replicate the transporter too :wow:

I vote for the replicator. Any device that can give pizza at any time withour having to call out for it or having me fight the old ladies in my neighborhood grocery store, gets my vote. It might even save me on the power cost of having to operate a refridgerator 24/7, and it nevers gets empty.

I vote for the replicator. Any device that can give pizza at any time withour having to call out for it or having me fight the old ladies in my neighborhood grocery store, gets my vote. It might even save me on the power cost of having to operate a refridgerator 24/7, and it nevers gets empty.

I vote for the replicator.  Any device that can give pizza at any time withour having to call out for it or having me fight the old ladies in my neighborhood grocery store, gets my vote.  It might even save me on the power cost of having to operate a refridgerator 24/7, and it nevers gets empty.

But my pizza delivery guy is really cute!!! I don't know if I can give that up.

The convenience would be great though!

I've narrowed it down to three!

1. Transporter

A transporter would sure save a lot of dough on car insurance, gas and the like but I'm sure some bureaucrat would figure out a way to attach "continuing costs" to it anyway.

2. Replicator

Same thing with the replicator, sounds great on paper but the RAW MATERIAL used would become as valuable as gold, sooo...

I chose Dermal Regenerator, that's something I cannot see hidden charges associated with it (except maybe batteries) and what a godsend to parents and teachers of clumsy children it would be!

Stellar Cartography- Great for those cold winter nights when you are swaddled in 6 layers of clothes, can't feel anything with your frozen fingertips, and are frustrated with the never ending dew on the telescope optics- you can go inside make a cup of tea, shed some layers of clothes so you don't walk as though your are suffering saddle sores, fire up stellar cartography sit back and enjoy!

Warp Drive for me, Which without it interstellar travel within the human lifespan would be almost possible.

:lol: i so like to have died when i realized i'm the only one who voted for the dermal regenerator - go figure, eh? where is that 'fruity' smiley... ;)

Holodeck..Who among us wouldn't just love to have a Holodeck? Talk about entertainment! You could recreate just about any place or situation, fictional or non fictional..

A Replicator is a close 2nd..

What I would want, what I think is the best, and which one's my favorite are three different things. :lol:

My favorite Trek tech on that list is probably warp drive. What's the sense in going anywhere if you have to be frozen or have died of old age by the time you get there?

Transporters and replicators would be the next two, and the dermal regenerator aint bad either.

Edited by Ace