Sign in to follow this  
t'mir

Where do you like to visit?

I'm from the United States, but I've also been to Ireland and loved :laugh: it! What about you all? I'm curiuos to see where everyone's been...

~T :assimilated:

There are only three countries outside of the US that I've been to, and I'd rather not go back to two of them. I went to Germany once, and found the experience...less than enjoyable. Australia I loved. I went there first on business, then with my wife on our honeymoon. the third country is Afghanistan. self explainatory on why I'd rather not go back, I think.

I'm from Canada and I've been to California and Maui......I want to live in Maui.....My dream is to see New Orleans someday. as for other countrys...I want to visit Scotland and Italy.

:laugh:

I'm from Germany and I have been to France several times (I'm living close to the French border, so it's not that much of a journey :assimilated: ). And I have been to Switzerland, Austria and Italy. :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I'm from the U.S. and I've been to Germany (Lived there for 2 1/2 years) and I loved it there. I've also visited Holland, Belgium, Luxumburg, France,and England.On this side of the atlantic I've been to Mexico a couple of times.

@ hardcharginsarge

I'm living about 700 kilometers away from Berlin. Can't say how people react there. :assimilated:

But I can speak for the little village I'm living in and here everyone's friendly. :laugh:

Edited by Mrs.Picard

My wife wants to visit Europe, and I've been reluctant to say "Sure, I'll take some leave and go" because I am not sure exactly how Europeans are going to act towards Americans, especially one who is in the US Military (And though it would pain me so, I would probably only wear my uniform on the plane to and from there)

My wife wants to visit Europe, and I've been reluctant to say "Sure, I'll take some leave and go" because I am not sure exactly how Europeans are going to act towards Americans, especially one who is in the US Military (And though it would pain me so, I would probably only wear my uniform on the plane to and from there)

My cousin is living in France right now and he says the people there are very friendly, then again he is French Canadian.

My cousin is living in France right now and he says the people there are very friendly, then again he is French Canadian.

Most of the smaller French villages are nice and the people mostly friendly, now Paris is an arm pit, I hate that town. The people are rude (especially when they discover your American) and I thought the city was just plain dirty. I recommend the smaller villages, a more pleasent expierence.

Most of the smaller French villages are nice and the people mostly friendly, now Paris is an arm pit, I hate that town. The people are rude (especially when they discover your American) and I thought the city was just plain dirty. I recommend the smaller villages, a more pleasent expierence.

Hahaha thats like Quebec except backwards. In Montreal you'll find some of the most nicest people you'll ever meet, and they are so accepting. You go to smaller towns its rare to find a lot of nice people to Anglophones, I'm lucky to be completely verbally bilingual.

I've never been out of Canada. :laugh: . But I have been to lots of places in Canada. But I am only 17. I might go to Hawaii this year or next with my family, and after graduation, I would really like to go to Thailand.

New Zeland, some place other than wisconsin, Britian, France, Qutar, Japan, Egypt, some place with mountains, rivers, peace and quite, people, and evergreen/ oak forests, Spain (to get my halfraing elvish sword :) )

I've never been outside the United States but I used to love visiting Fayetteville, N.C. I also visit College Park, Md. quite a bit since that's where I grew up. Next time I go to Maryland in fact I plan on visiting D.C. to go to the National Air & Space Museum and maybe the White House if they are giving tours.

As for countries, off the top of my head I can't think of any that I'd jump at to go visit. There's too much here in the States that I haven't seen yet.

I live in Wales, Great Britain, and as I haven't been to many countries, I'll be counting the UK as four separate ones. :)

England - A good few times: passing through, shopping, visiting people/places...

Ireland - Although all I did was step off the ferry and then step back on again to return to Wales.

France - Went there almost two years ago on a school trip, also crossed the border into Belgium. Had quite a good time. B)

I like visiting Florida.One day i would love to visit Great Britian.(Mainly Scotland)

But right now i want to visit my Bed :)

live in the U.S. been to canada, niagra falls that is. virginia, NC, nebraska, california. wanna go to ireland, australia, new zeland, and maybe europe on the beaches of WWII id like to see where history happened. but mostly aus, and ire. oh id like to go to hawaii as well. im getting old, so i better start soon. lol

My first post only answered part two of your questions, as for where I still want to go in the World; nowhere. I'm content to stay in the US for the rest of my life and leave my traveling days behind...

My wife however does want to do some traveling when she retires but she doesn't really know where to.

OK here is a list of the countries that I have visited:

US (San Fransisco, Vegas, Phoenix, Los Angeles)

Canada (Toronto, Vancouver)

France (Paris, The Alps)

Italy

Portugal

Greece

Spain (Only for a few days)

Switzerland (Only for a few days)

Wales (Only to see my football team play away)

Ireland

Never been to Scotland!

I would say that my favourite places are the US, Canada (especially Vancouver) and Italy. There are a few places that I really want to see at some point such as Rome, Egypt, New York, Washington and around New England. I hear New Zealand is nice as well.

What countries have I been to, well I was born in NZ lived there for 8 yrs and moved to Australia where I still reside.

About the only country i've been to VISIT is the US. (Unless you count the 1 hour stopover in Nadi, Fiji on the way back home :force: )

I wanna see more of the world though, I am strong believer in the phrase.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only a page."

On my next trip i'll probably go to one of the south pacific island nations.

Edited by Derro

I would like to vist the US one day driving from coast to coast

would really cool thats one thing i have got to do before my NR

comes up...hehe :force:

I would like to travel more but with 2 kids it's a bit hard with cost's, however so far I have been to:

U.S.A-Florida (honeymoon)

France-Paris (been twice with the family)

Holland-(when I was 11 with the school)

Belguim-(when I was 11 with the school)

Hopefully one day I can go back to Florida with the family.

Wow. I can't imagine how much money you guys spend on trips. almost every place I've visited, I was paid to go there. and very rarely did I fly. mostly it was by ship. of course, what better way to see the world than from the deck of a US Navy Warship?

<<Did I forget to mention that I have been under the Ice Cap?>>

Wow Jim, that's awesome!!

My absolute favorite place to visit is the Bahamas. Last year my show choir took a cruise to the Bahamas, where we competed and were named Grand Champions!! It was the most unforgettable, unbelievable, glamourous trip I've ever been on. ;) I had a blast!!!

;)

Jaina