Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ktrek

Movie reviews

'Barry Lyndon', I've watched it many times. It's a two parter. The scenery , photography and the classical music are all superb. The story of Barry Lyndon, an opportunistic scoundrel who receives his ' just desserts' in the end. 1800th Century, Ireland setting. Ktrek, you'd love this one. I'd watch it again. :picard-sith:

The 10th Kingdom - This is a mini-series that aired on TV. It's approximately 7 hours long. My wife and I watched the first hour. Finally I turned to her and said "I don't know about you but I don't think I can take another 6 hours of this". She agreed and so instead we put on...... 1 star

You were smart. I watched the whole thing with my best friend, what a waste of time! Towards the end this ring starts to sing this annoying song that's very hard to get out of your head over and over and over and over and over.....etc. <_< Then, of cource, my BFF's little sis has to start singing the annoying song. :unsure:

My favorite movie is The Shawshank Redemption. It's about a man who goes to prison unjustly and all of his trials and tribulations. I don't even like prison movies that much and I loved this one. The only problem is they swear a lot. The first time I saw it was on TV and when I got the DVD I was shocked at how much they had to edit. I give it a 4/5.

I also love the Dune miniseries. I've read the books too and they did a good job with cutting out only what was nesisary and keeping true to the heart of the story. There is one major sex scene, but that's about it. 4/5

Edited by Lubak10

I just saw Secret Window...I love Depp and his acting was awesome, but

the movie was slow and I felt like I was left with alot of unanswered questions

I give it a 5/10....disappointing

SO far this is turning out to be a record year for me. I've been to 2 movies and we aren't even 6 months into the year yet!

I saw Pirates of the Caribbean, which was "okay" and THe Passion of the Christ which I thought was very good.

Today i went to see eddie murphy in HAUNTED MANSION :unsure: great film lots of good jokes and the special effects where pretty cool <_< :D:b-day:

I just watched Starsky & Hutch and I thought it was great.

it was wa vary well writen the jokes where superbe and Owin Willson was fantastic

its just a great movie

I just rented Under the Tuscan Sun. I loved it. If you like to watch people blowing things up this isn't your movie. If you like movies about people discovering what matters in life then you will like this. I'd give it a 7.5 out of 10

I just watched Angelina Jolie's new movie "Taking Lives Away" this is probably one of the best mystery movies that I have ever seen. It really does keep you guessing to the end where you will be wrong. 9 out of 10 stars :P

The bottom describes some events in the movie, "DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVE NOT THE SEEN THE MOVIE! IT WILL RUIN IT, TRUST ME!"

Click for Spoiler:

They really should have decided if they were in Montreal or Quebec city because they kept switching back and forth between them lol. I also knew the guy wasn't a real Nova Scotian, he didn't talk right anyone who knew Nova Scotians would know that we don't talk like that lol. Edited by Nemesis

i just rented Spider....I've wanted to watch it for awhile now, I really like

Ralph Fiennes.....but this movie I don't get....I was waiting for it to come

together, some closure...nothing.....his acting was awesome, but I must

of missed something......

me again!!!

I also watched Somethings Gotta Give!

Very funny movie...Diane Keaton Rocks! :wow:

Keanu...still beautiful! :wow:

I saw Something's Gotta Give too, V_Seven. Yes it is quite funny. But it seemed to go on forever. Whenever I thought it would end, it kept going. Other than that, it was good. 8/10

Well, it being Easter, and me having just gotten the Jesus Christ Superstar DVD, I am going to rate that one. I give it a:

Click for Spoiler:

10/10!!!

I love this movie! The music is so great. Some people complain about the acting, but I think it is alright. So since about last week, I have seen this movie 4 times now! Lol. And that's not counting how many times I had seen it before, or how many times I have listened to the soundtrack (and trust me... it's a lot.)

This movie rocks.

Hopefully going to see Hidalgo soon - it comes out in the UK this week. Last film I went to the theatre to see - Dawn of the Dead, the remake. Here's a hint for anyone tempted - Don't. For a horror movie its the best comedy I've seen in ages and for all the wrong reasons. I should've known better. Ah well, live and learn.

I saw miracle with my mom a few weeks ago. She liked it better then I did cause she watched the actual game when she was younger, but I didn't get into it that much. It wasn't my type of movie.

I just rented Timeline...great movie.....great adventure that you can watch

with your family....delivers right up to the end...I will be buying this one!

SOLARIS

Good movie but you have to be in the mood for Heinlin type sci-fi; heavy, slow and visually beautiful. I would give it a 9/10.

12 Monkeys

What do I say. Love this movie. 10/10

ZOOLANDER

Spoof on the fashion world. Light hearted. Not really my type of flick but I still had quite a few laughs. Mindless fun. 5/10

NEMESIS

You guys know the script. Thoroughly enjoyed it and appreciated the tension in the script. Enjoyed it much more than when I first saw the film. Data's death is still hard to accept. 9/10 :bow:

Edited by starsinmyeyes

I saw johnny depps new film secret window,which i must say i enjoyed that much i want to see it again soon.

I dont really like thrillers but this had a certain edge to it,if you havent seen it yet i suggest you do its a class film :bow:

' the Straight Story ' with Richard Farnsworth and Sissy Spacek. I really enjoyed this movie. It was sad and sweet. About an elderly, partially disabled man who needs to see his brother before he dies. He hasn't seen or spoken with him in 10 years. He decides the only way he can get there is to ride his John Deere riding lawnmower across 2 states. Dragging a make-shift trailer behind him. His journey is documented by the people he meets and dangers he encounters. Very good movie.

I just saw Godsend.  Creepy movie.  Kind of reminded me of The Sixth Sense and Similitude...I liked it.

It looks like a rip-off of The Omen to me. If you've seen that is it like it?