Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Survivor All-Stars **Possible Spoilers**

I thought that the ep was good as well. Is that the reason that sue is so mad because of the rubbing? I just don't get that as she waited for hatch to come to her.

I thought that the ep was good as well.  Is that the reason that sue is so mad because of the rubbing?  I just don't get that as she waited for hatch to come to her.

She waited because he was on the plank, she had to wait for him to get to the platform so she could then get onto the plank. It was what Richard did once they were on the platform that caused the problem. To me it looked like he specifically turned into her and rubbed himself against her. Not by accident mind you. It was done probably as a "joke" on his part, but it shouldn't have been done.

In thinking about next week's episode, now that we're down to 2 tribes I thought I'd give my opinions on the 13 remaining Survivors.

For Chapera:

Click for Spoiler:

Alicia - Abrasive and competitive, I believe her mouth will be her downfall.

Amber - She really shouldn't even be in this season. She is going to be pulled along by Rob and she will do as she is told as far as voting goes. She could go far because of this. Flying under the radar is one thing but being a lap dog is another.

Boston Rob - He controls 2 votes, his and Amber's. That puts him in control unless the rest of the tribe sees what's happening and votes him or Amber off. If he can keep control of his lap dog then he's somewhat safe. I don't like Rob, his mouth and cocky attitude just beg to be voted off.

Rupert - A fan favorite to be sure, but his star has dulled a little with all the fiasco's of Saboga. If he can catch fish and get into a strong alliance he could go far into the game. The question is will he fall into the trap of Amber/Rob or will he band together with others to break those 2 votes up? If he goes with Rob/Amber then he won't make it past the final 3 or 4 for sure. (unless he wins immunity). Rupert is my #1 pick for who I want to win it all.

Jenna L - I don't see her making any strong bonds to take her deep into the game. I expect her to make it through the merge but not much further then that.

Susan - Another abrasive person that doesn't know any better. She should keep her mouth shut and be a "team player" until it becomes an individual game. I see her leaving soon.

Big Tom - I like Big Tom. He's a likable person that doesn't really rub a lot of people the wrong way. He should be able to ride his down home style pretty far, maybe into the final 4.

Mogo Mogo

Click for Spoiler:

Colby - Big threat once the Individual game begins. I'd look for him to be gone before the merge. That's how I'd try to do it if I were there anyway. Get rid of the big threats. Colby has rubbed the 3 women the wrong way now, and has his past with Jerri coming back to haunt him. I don't look for Colby to make it past the merge.

Jerri - Seems to be a whiner and complainer, if Colby finds out that she was trying to get him ousted then she will acquire a huge target on her back. Colby will get Ethan and Lex to go with him to take her out and then it'll just be a matter of which of the other 2 ladies make it to the merge. I don't look for Jerri to go too far.

Ethan - Good guy, strong competitor. That will likely be his downfall though. He will stick around while he is useful but he already won the game once. The others won't allow him to even sniff the next Million.

Kathy - She's one of those under the radar kind of players at first glance but she is taking a role in trying to determine who goes and when. If she continues to be undecided at times when other tribe members need a decision on who to boot I see them turning on her. If she can't "go with the team" then she can easily go against you so get rid of her.

Shii Ann - She really shouldn't be here on All Stars either, she was thrown in only to represent season 5. In fact she was thrown in at the last minute, only a day before Kelly's (Season 3 final 2 from Africa) plane was to take off to take her to Panama. She will try to skate through and ride coat tails but I don't think she really understands what this game is. Did you see her reaction to them wanting to vote off Richard? She said "Vote off Richard? Richard Hatch?" as if she was in awe of him. Shii Ann, this is a game to get rid of everyone that can make you lose. Richard is the first one you get rid of! She will last a couple more weeks but I don't think will make it to the merge.

Lex - Lex is my second favorite. He should have won Survivor 3 in Africa but he was sick on the day of the final immunity challenge. He really should have won though. His biggest liability is that he is a strong competitor and very dangerous to win individual immunities. I think he will go far, possibly final 4.

This weeks episode was great. And the tribal council had a nice little twist that was not completely expected by the final actions of the episode leading up to the council.

This weeks episode was great. And the tribal council had a nice little twist that was not completely expected by the final actions of the episode leading up to the council.

Yeah, they made you think it was going to end completely opposite of what it did.

Click for Spoiler:

I was surprised when Jeff said "The Fifth Person Voted Out" I really expected to hear Colby's name next. And you could tell Richard was surprised lol

This last weeks was interesting.

Click for Spoiler:

Just seeing sue get all upset. She must really hate hatch. I did get to see the interview with sue on the early show and hatch was their and I guess she is not sueing and they both sue and hatch have different views on what happens. I just think it is so weird that the all stars show has had two people that have left. can't wait to see what happens next week as now I am not haveing to wait for enterprise.

Is their a way I can download the footage they have on the CBS website so I can burn it. As my wife wants to see it and we only have dialup at home and it would take forever to watch at home?

Innocent blooper or Survivor caught cheating?

VBG, do you (or anyone) have last week's episode downloaded?

The camera is coming around a big rock towards the fisherman when in the upper right corner of the screen a "hand" is seen releasing a fish. Could someone who has it get a screen capture of that happening as proof?

If I'm right then the question is; was that fish being released for reasons of making the scene more aesthetically pleasing for we the viewers or was it "stocking the lake" so to speak, giving the fisherman something to catch?

See the implications of the later?

Exactly what did Hatch do anyway. I only heard, ellusions, to what it was. Sue eluded to being violated, what could he have done? What did he do, exactly? I saw how angry she was.

Innocent blooper or Survivor caught cheating?

VBG, do you (or anyone) have last week's episode downloaded?

The camera is coming around a big rock towards the fisherman when in the upper right corner of the screen a "hand" is seen releasing a fish. Could someone who has it get a screen capture of that happening as proof?

If I'm right then the question is; was that fish being released for reasons of making the scene more aesthetically pleasing for we the viewers or was it "stocking the lake" so to speak, giving the fisherman something to catch?

See the implications of the later?

I have the episode recorded but I'd need to know which scene to look for. Who was fishing?

As for what Hatch did, he was naked and rubbed himself up against Sue in what looked like an intentional way.

I have the episode recorded but I'd need to know which scene to look for. Who was fishing?

I thought there was only one fishing scene in the episode but if I'm wrong then it is the latter one. Who? I don't know his name, he caught a bunch though.

I thought there was only one fishing scene in the episode but if I'm wrong then it is the latter one. Who? I don't know his name, he caught a bunch though.

Do you know what he looks like? Long Beard or lots of tattoos?

I've gone back to the episode and rewatched all of the fishing scenes and I don't see what you're referring to. Is this something you noticed or is it something you have read someplace?

I noticed it as I was watching it. It happens very quickly in the upper right or upper right side on the scene, A hand appears to release a fish then pull out of the shot very quickly. The fish then swims downwardly to the side of a rock leaving a trail of bubbles rising behind it.

I noticed it as I was watching it. It happens very quickly in the upper right or upper right side on the scene, A hand appears to release a fish then pull out of the shot very quickly. The fish then swims downwardly to the side of a rock leaving a trail of bubbles rising behind it.

No people in the shot?

I've watched those scenes again, I see a shot of a small fish going from right to left but I don't see a hand and it wasn't one of the fish that were caught by any of the Survivors. If anything, if it was released by a camera man then it was dond so they could film a fish in front of the camera.

Exactly what did Hatch do anyway.  I only heard, ellusions, to what it was. Sue eluded to being violated, what could he have done? What did he do, exactly? I saw how angry she was.

While he was naked he brushed by Sue (they were doing a challenge upon a narrow beam of wood) scraping his exposed privates against her. There was not much room on the beam and when he did it he did have his arms rasied in an "I surrender" way suggesting the contact was un-intentional but the look on his face said other wise imo.

No people in the shot?

After the fishy incident (hehe) the camera continues to move forward through the spot where the fish was to reveal a person in silhouette beyond and around the other side of the rock.

I've watched those scenes again, I see a shot of a small fish going from right to left but I don't see a hand and it wasn't one of the fish that were caught by any of the Survivors. If anything, if it was released by a camera man then it was dond so they could film a fish in front of the camera.

Is it possible your PC monitor is cutting off the extreme corners of the video?

As I said in the first post on this subject the fish could have been added to liven up the scene.

Ok, I got the right scene. That's the one I figured you were talking about. That's Rupert Fishing.

Here is a series of still frames from that scene. I'd post the video but the format I recorded it in won't convert into a format I can put online.

The first part is not the part I thing you are talking about, but I'll put it here just in case. This is 9 frames one after the other.

Click for Spoiler:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Here is the shot I believe you are talking about.... This is 19 frames so I will put into 2 spoilers of 10 and 9 each.

Click for Spoiler:

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

In this you see the little fish at the top of the screen swimming, then is swims off and you see something behind it. What that is is a 2nd fish, not a hand. So it was 2 fish together and one swims off away from the other.

Is it possible your PC monitor is cutting off the extreme corners of the video?

As I said in the first post on this subject the fish could have been added to liven up the scene.

No, my PC actually gets the full picture that my TV cuts off the corners. I have the full pic, that's somethign I've noticed in the past when watching the same show side by site with my TV and Computer.

This is the sequence here, I've lined them all up to play as a video when scrolled at the correct speed.

Click for Spoiler:

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

26.jpg

27.jpg

28.jpg

Ok, I see the other fish, (frames 3, 4 & 5) that must have been it. I knew I saw something :bag:

Good episode last night, I wasn't overly surprised by the outcome.

Click for Spoiler:

I expected Colby to depart within the next couple of weeks so his departure now wasn't a big deal. It's always funny to see the cocky ones get the axe when they expect someone else to get it.

I loved the reward that they got, I was happy to see Rupert enjoy it. He didn't really get a chance to enjoy this type of thing in season 7. I was hoping they would take Lex rather then someone like Kathy though. But it was strategy I guess.

Shii Ann is really getting on my nerves, all she does is whine. People hated Hoshi in season 1 so they would hate Shii Ann even more! She just needs to be voted out SOON. She doesn't belong there at all.

Rob M still gets on my nerves too so I'm hoping he goes at some point in the near future.

Over all my favorites haven't really changed, I like Lex and Rupert. They are the 2 I'd most rather know and hang out with on a Saturday night.

Click for Spoiler:

I see a merge coming either next week or the week of the 24th. There's 11 Survivors left right now, after next week there will be 10. So my feeling is that there's a Merge when they get to 10 then on that episode the 9th person will be voted out leaving 9 tribe members on one tribe. That sets it up for the 7 person jury and the final 2. That's just a guess on my part and they may well throw a twist in there, there's no guarantee that it will be a 7 person jury. They could make it a 9 person Jury but I highly doubt that.

I have to agree I thought that because they were so out about who would get voted out that it would be someone else but in the end I was not suprised.

Click for Spoiler:

I have to agree that shi ann is just a little puppet just like amber is to rob and what is this about next week that they get it on. I would think that there would be some rule that sex was not alowed on the show? We will just have to see what happens next week.

I have to agree I thought that because they were so out about who would get voted out that it would be someone else but in the end I was not suprised.

Click for Spoiler:

I have to agree that shi ann is just a little puppet just like amber is to rob and what is this about next week that they get it on.  I would think that there would be some rule that sex was not alowed on the show?  We will just have to see what happens next week.

The Producers would love for them to "get together" on the Island. The won't show anything but they will let us know if anything does happen.

Click for Spoiler:

I've been thinking about what I think will happen next week. My prediction is that Mogo Mogo will lose the Immunity Challange and Ethan will be voted off. The reason I think that is that it seems to fit in with Lex's strategy of voting off ones that are a threat to him.

I believe the Merge is VERY close too, if not this week then next week. All of this is a guess of course so it should be fin to see what really happens.

I've watched every episode of every new show and I am finding Allstars to be lacking something. I can't put my finger on what it is. Do you fell like this or do you think this is the best one yet? :)

Yes I've been watching it too. I find it lacking as well. The formula is probably just getting tired. I like the one where it was the guys against the women. That formula change created a good deal of drama and lots of laughs from both camps. Still, I like survivor for the game show that it is. (I don't belive it is reality tv because it doesn't pretend to be real. They admit on the show all the time that it is a game and that they are contestants)