Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Survivor All-Stars **Possible Spoilers**

Good episode tonight, no big surprise to me in the outcome though.

Click for Spoiler:

I fully expected Ethan to get the axe this week. Nex week looks to be interesting. Could be be looking at a merge or tribal mix up?

Oh man, I am so glad I came to visit this site tonight. I completely forgot it was on tonight! Thanks so much!!!!

This weeks was good but I have a questiion. When I watched the show the preview for the next week looked like a normal ep. but when I went to cbs.com the preview was for thier clip show they have at the middle of the season to get the people that have not been watching caught up. So what is next weeks show? I was really hoping that they would not have a clip show this time as they had more people to vote out so they would not need the extra show to fill the season.

This weeks was good but I have a questiion.  When I watched the show the preview for the next week looked like a normal ep. but when I went to cbs.com the preview was for thier clip show they have at the middle of the season to get the people that have not been watching caught up.  So what is next weeks show?  I was really hoping that they would not have a clip show this time as they had more people to vote out so they would not need the extra show to fill the season.

I missed this episode because I was working on a video project for a neighbor's granddaughter. Because of that I'm glad it was a clip show. I'll download the episode once I get a chance though.

Next week is going to be an interesting episode though. THe show moves back to Thursday and I expect this to happen:

Click for Spoiler:

There is going to be some kind of tribal mix up, some members are going to be swapped to the other tribe.

Either that or there will be a merge. There HAS to be a merge soon though because we are getting very close to 9 people left. That will leave 7 people for the jury and 2 for the final 2.

That would be interesting but different.... It would be pretty unsuspected

Wiat did they ever change the results that Jeff Corbin messed up?

That would be interesting but different.... It would be pretty unsuspected

Wiat did they ever change the results that Jeff Corbin messed up?

Results that Jeff Corbin messed up? What results and who's Jeff Corbin? Are you sure it's Survivor you're talking about?

This weeks looks like it is going to be pretty cool.

Click for Spoiler:

the merge is going to happen and it looks like before that happens boston rob tryies to team up with other people before he finds out that amber is still in the game and when they do merge he tells the lex and them that he was lying about helping them I really hope that rob goes as soon as possible but I know it wont happen because they will want to vote off lex and cathy first.

No real surprise this week,

Click for Spoiler:

I expected it to be Kathy if Rob won immunity. I was just really hoping Rob wouldn't win immunity. He now has a HUGE target on his back. I don't know if it's as big as Shii Ann's target though.

Next week shoudl be interesting judging by the previews.

It would be great if Amber got voted off, that would certainly deflate Boston Rob's drive. I hope Boston Rob gets voted out soon. I'm really glad that Old Tom and Rupert are still with the show and would love it if they made the final 2 or 3.

Well, tonight's show is about an hour away for me. I can see 1 of 2 outcomes.

Click for Spoiler:

Shii-Ann wins Immunity :) and the plan on voting her out has to wait for another week. Because of that the old Chaperans now have to turn on one of their own. The SMART thing would be to vote Rob out, but I think all the smart players are already gone. I almost (ALMOST) wish Rich was still around to knock some sense into some of these sheep. If indeed Shii-Ann does get immunity I believe Alicia will be our next Jury member.

Or

Click for Spoiler:

Someone else wins immunity and Shii-Ann is voted out.

Wow VBG you got it right on the head.

Click for Spoiler:

It was cool how shi ann won I was really hoping that she would win. I just don't understand why they don't see rob as a threat. The one thing that my wife pointed out though was you might want to take rob with you in the final two as you know that nobody will vote for him he has burned to many bridges. So it might be a good idea for somone to take rob and I think that is what amber is thinking.

Well. I'll make my final 6 predictions right now and see how well I do.

Click for Spoiler:

Shii-Ann goes next week.

Big TOm goes after Shii Ann

Rupert goes after Big Tom

Amber is voted out after Jenna wins final immunity taking Rob to the final 2.

I believe Jenna will win the money based on this theory.

Of course you could always switch Amber and Jenna around either way.

Ok 3 more shows left in this season (2 if you don't count tonight). It's getting down to it now.

Tonight's prediction:

Click for Spoiler:

Shii Ann will leave becoming the 4th member of the jury. It won't really matter who gets immunity from the others because they are all safe as long as it isn't Shii Ann wearing the necklace at TC (And I trust that it won't be her wearing it).

The reward challenge looks interesting, a visit from a family member IF that family member eats something disgusting (Trantula or other gorssout food). If I were to bet based on pure opinion of what little I know of the family members I'd guess that Big Tom's son will win.

The people coming are:

Big Tom's son

Rupert's Wife

Rob's Brother

Jenna's Brother

Shii Ann's mother

Amber's mother

So of those, my bet would come down to 2 people. Jenna's brother and Big Tom's Son.

Just a guess though.

For immunity, I just gave a feeling like it could be Rupert's night to win it but again that's a pure guess.

Click for Spoiler:

Shi-Ann made a big *buttocks* of herself last week. I don't know what her stradegy was (Building tension among the powerplayers?) for the last two weeks, but she deserved to go. I still have a strong feeling Rob is going to win it all because even when he doesn't win immunity, he still gets no votes.

Click for Spoiler:

the way it looks to me rob might make it to the final two but he won't win. He has made to many people mad at him and I really think that is what amber is counting on as I think that she will be with rob and they will all vote for amber. That is my prediction. Edited by fredbroca

So far I am sticking with my above predictions.

Click for Spoiler:

If Rob does go, it won't be this week (Thursday) but on Sunday and would be at least in the final 3. I'm not really sure how I think the final 3 will work out but I have a strong feeling it will be Jenna, Amber and Rob.

Click for Spoiler:

If Rob does go, it won't be this week (Thursday) but on Sunday and would be at least in the final 3. I'm not really sure how I think the final 3 will work out but I have a strong feeling it will be Jenna, Amber and Rob.

Click for Spoiler:

I hope Jenna leaves this week. I'm beginning to not stand her.

Just carious, what will you be watching: Survivor, or the final night of Friends. Why CBS put it's thursday night lineup against friends this week is beyond me.

Click for Spoiler:

Click for Spoiler:

I hope Jenna leaves this week. I'm beginning to not stand her.

Just carious, what will you be watching: Survivor, or the final night of Friends. Why CBS put it's thursday night lineup against friends this week is beyond me.

I'll be watching Survivor. I'll download Friends later in the week, but this is Survivor Week. You have to watch Thursday and Sunday's episodes during Survivor Week.

This is an article I saw on the internet and found it interesting so I thought I'd share it here.

http://www.canoe.ca/JamSurvivorAllStars/ma...rvivor-can.html

***WARNING: THIS STORY MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS***

Probst promises 'Survivor' surprises

By John Powell -- JAM! Showbiz

Tattered friendships will be the theme of an emotionally charged final Tribal Council and the live reunion show promises 'Survivor All Stars' host Jeff Probst.

"The end is pretty personal. I mean, it is probably the most honest and emotional final Tribal Council that we've had since the very first season because they were friends and there were a lot of hurt feelings when this thing was over," Probst told Jam! Showbiz on Tuesday.

During the live reunion show which will air after the two-hour finale on CBS Sunday night, Probst also revealed that there is a major surprise awaiting viewers.

"There is a pretty good reveal on the live show," said Probst. "We are going to share something on that show that I think is certainly significant, completely unexpected and will definitely have people talking."

It has been rumoured even before the 'All Stars' season began that 'Boston' Rob Mariano - the scheming construction foreman - and his "love interest" on the series - Amber Brkich - would emerge as the final two players. Recently though, Internet gossip suggests that scenario might not be so, that Amber might turn on Rob and take Jenna Lewis with her into the finals.

Though Probst readily admits that he is secretly pulling for 'Boston' Rob to win, he is convinced Amber played a very clever and careful game.

"She was smart enough to let this guy, whose personality was so out front, to take the bullets," said Probst.

He suggested that despite what viewers may see on television, Amber probably had a more active role in the scheming than is portrayed.

"Rob would take a lot of heat and Amber would be the 'good cop' and come in and say...I hope that everyone is okay," he observed. "If Rob really has fallen in love with this girl that's when guys start making fatal mistakes."

During the filming of the series, 'Boston' Rob stunned Probst by being able to take on the leadership role and avoid being targeted by the other players. Probst chalks that up to maybe the other players believing that their alliance with Rob would take them to the end.

"Some people don't like 'Boston Rob' as much as I do because they are pulling for the underdog and they don't see him as the underdog," said Probst. "Well, I see him as the absolute underdog. This is the blue-collar dude from Boston saying...Gimme a shot. He has three gold chains around his neck. He goes out and finds the cutest girl on the island, tucks her under his arm, builds a shelter for her and then starts annihilating the enemy saying...Stick with me. We will go all the way. That is romantic and that kicks *buttocks*. In the jungle, man, that's how it should be."

As far as the other 'All Star' players go, Probst was impressed with Shii Ann's ability to keep herself in the game even though she was an "outsider" the entire time.

"Shii Ann is the type of player we like because she mixes it up and mixes it up," said Probst.

On the opposite side of the spectrum, Probst was disappointed with Rob Cesternino who he believes came into the game "unprepared" and didn't play aggressively as he should have. To Probst, the popular Rupert Boneham looks like he might be in danger too.

"I hate to say it but I worry about Rupert because either he is playing a really cagey game - even cagier than Big Tom - or he's unaware of how dicey the game is getting at this point", said Probst insisting that it might take someone like his "cut-throat" alliance partner Jenna Lewis to wake him up and get him fired up for the last phase.

Though Probst enjoyed filming the series, if it was up to him though there wouldn't be another 'All Stars' edition.

"All Star was a fun experiment. I would vote to never do it again if I had any say because I think the game is better played by strangers," he said.

To Probst, the benefit to having an 'All Star' season was that the series had 18 of its "greatest characters" who always gave the producers "gold" as far as drama and hilarity goes. The problem Probst had with the concept is that viewers had already seen the players before. Their behaviour and antics were nothing new.

"I am ready for new people," said Probst about the ninth season which is slated to air this fall and be filmed this summer. "I think it is going to be a new type of game. I really have this weird feeling that after watching the All Stars play it that maybe we will get back to a unique approach to the game rather the players trying to emulate people."

Probst fended off any suggestion that he and the other producers ever manipulate the outcome of the series.

"It is a show that is controlled by the participants in it. This isn't 'The Apprentice' where we can help keep someone in the show because Donald Trump is making the call. The participants themselves make the call. We are always at the mercy of our own show. We don't control it. We literally turn this show over and the $20 million dollar budget to 16 people we don't know and we cross our fingers."

With Probst signed on for four more seasons and senior producer/creator Mark Burnett in for at least two more, Probst sees 'Survivor' as a true mainstay of reality show television.

"I honestly think we can play this game a long, long time," said Probst.

The second-to-last 'Survivor All Stars' episode airs this Thursday night during which the final four players will be determined. On Sunday night, the two-hour season finale airs. As per usual, the finale will be followed by a live reunion show hosted by Probst.

Again no real surprise in this episode, I'll be glad when a season of 16 strangers is back on. All Stars has been great and I hope they have one when I become an all star so I will get a chance to win a second million dollars (because I'll win the first million also) but I think things are better when the Survivors don't know each other.

I'm sticking with my Final predictions though the order might change a bit.

Click for Spoiler:

I still think Rupert is likely the next to go but I think Rob might leave right after him leaving Jenna and Amber as the final 2.

Something I've noticed in the opening credits. THis is a possible spoiler but is more speculation then anything else...

If you watch the opening credits you will see each Survivor pictured in a frame with sand blowing away from their faces. Here screen shots of 17 of the 18 Survivor's pictures:

Click for Spoiler:

alicia.JPG

amber.JPG

colby.JPG

ethan.JPG

jennaL.JPG

jennaM.JPG

jerri.JPG

kathy.JPG

lex.JPG

richard.JPG

rob.JPG

robC.JPG

shii.JPG

sue.JPG

rudy.JPG

tina.JPG

tom.JPG

Now look at this one of the 18th Survivor and take note of how it differs from the others:

Click for Spoiler:

rupert.JPG

Interesting huh?

Also look at this picture that's also from the opening sequence:

Click for Spoiler:

rup.JPG

Now tell me who that looks like standing there all alone... It's really hard to see him/her but to me it looks like...

Click for Spoiler:

Rupert

Could it be that the Producers have been telling us all along that Rupert wins?? I guess we'll see Sunday. I will love it if Rupert wins but I think it's a long shot.

I've been studying the survivor opening credits for a couple hours now, frame by frame and and found some interesting things.

Mark Burnett has said in interviews that the story of Survivor is about death and rebirth.

Click for Spoiler:

Looking at Rupert's intro that seems to be the theme for him.

We see Rupert coming up out of the water gasping for air:

rupert_water.jpg

Following that we see him on the film strip that I mentioned earlier, then we see a sun set (symbolizing his fading early in the game)

rupert_sunset.jpg

Then we see storm clouds (I'm assuming they are storm clouds, which symbolize his struggles after the fiasco of the shelter)

rupert_storm_clouds.jpg

Then we see nightfall (symbolizing 'death'):

rupert_nightfall.jpg

Then sunrise (symbolizing rebirth):

rupert_sunrise.jpg

Then we see "39 Days" (could be a hint that Rup makes it the full 39 days)

rupert_39days.jpg

Then finally the lone survivor (looking a lot like Rupert) standing out in the water

rupert_beach.jpg

I don't know, the more I think about it the more unsure I am. I guess we'll know in about 36 hours (from the time I type this).

Another thing I noticed is in the very start of the opening credits we see a picture with a lone person standing out in the water and it's set in a film strip like the picture of Rupert. I've put it together here with the pic of Rupert and the pic of the sole person on the beach. I believe they all represent Rupert.

rupert_film.jpg

My "gut" says it won't be Rupert, it will be Jenna or Amber but Mark Burnett is good at editing to try to mis-direct us.

I really hope it's Rupert that wins it!

One last thing I forgot to mention, in the logo for All Stars the A and R of Stars seem to be larger then the other letters.

Very astute observations VBG, you could very well be on to something.

In keeping with the lone man on the beach theme, look closely at this last pic you posted:

post-21-1084019911.jpg

See it?

Click for Spoiler:

The "staff". Is that a "fishing pole" the character is holding?

Here it is again..

rupert_film.jpg

Something is strange about the photos in this sequence...

rupert_film.jpg

I believe photos 1 & 3, 4 & 5 are photo-shopped. In 3 & 5 one arm of the person (on the left side) is missing, (to remove the fishing pole) but look to the left of his legs; see where they missed some of the pole? Also look at the reflection in the water of 3 and 5, the pole is there. It is also possible the arm, pole and reflections were ADDED to lead us in the wrong direction.

In keeping with the lone man on the beach theme, look closely at this last pic you posted:

Click for Spoiler:

post-21-1084019911.jpg

See it?

Click for Spoiler:

The "staff". Is that a "fishing pole" the character is holding?

No, in that picture (The logo picture) the person or character is holding a lit tourch.

Here it is again..

Click for Spoiler:

rupert_film.jpg

In the top pic of this 3 pic strip I believe the character is holding a fishing spear and could possibly represent Rupert. That's 100% guess on my part though.

Something is strange about the  photos in this sequence...

Click for Spoiler:

rupert_film.jpg

I believe photos 1 & 3, 4 & 5 are photo-shopped. In 3 & 5 one arm of the person (on the left side) is missing, (to remove the fishing pole) but look to the left of his legs; see where they missed some of the pole? Also look at the reflection in the water of 3 and 5, the pole is there. It is also possible the arm, pole and reflections were ADDED to lead us in the wrong direction.

I had to shrink the pics from their original captured size, so they were photo shopped but I didn't alter the content of the pics at all. I see where the person is holding (or seems to be holding something) but also take into account that the camera is moving quickly from left to right and is using a "fish eye" lense. I'll post the entire opening credit video here and you can watch it a few times to see. All of the pics shown here in this thread are contained in the "Rupert Intro" with the exception of one and that's the one of the character on the film strip holding what looks like a fishing spear. To see that one you have to watch the very beginning very carefully becasue it flashes on and off the screen very fast.

There's a lot of symbolism in the opening credits, most of which I can see but haven't really studied enough to understand and likely wouldn't be able to understand until the season is over and we know the full story of who wins.

Mark Burnett is famous for putting hints into the opening credits, but is also known for putting some fake hints in there. This Rupert Hint might well be a fake one. If it's not fake then it's pretty obvious and he should try to hide the hints a little better lol. The "AR" thing in the logo is a better hidden one if it means anything at all and at this point could mean Amber-Rob or Amber-Rupert as a final 2 hint with the A being slightly larger. Then again it could simply be a hint of the Amber-Rob romance or nothing at all.

That's the great thing about speculation, it either means a lot or means nothing at all lol.

Here's the opening video clip. It's a little over 3mb. Also you will notice that the picture in question of the man (assuming it's a man) standing alone on the beach isn't a still photograph, it's video. Notice the water moving in it.

http://www.startrekfans.net/pics/survivor/...llstar_0002.wmv

I had to shrink the pics from their original captured size, so they were photo shopped but I didn't alter the content of the pics at all.

I meant the show photo-shopped them, i.e. erased an arm and the torch/spear. The clip really helped in seeing the torch but that figure on the hillside is different from the one standing in the water. We'll know tommorow!

I had to shrink the pics from their original captured size, so they were photo shopped but I didn't alter the content of the pics at all.

I meant the show photo-shopped them, i.e. erased an arm and the torch/spear. The clip really helped in seeing the torch but that figure on the hillside is different from the one standing in the water. We'll know tommorow!

The figure on the hillside at the end is symbolic of the logo and is holding a torch.

Like I said though, there's a lot of symbolism in the opening. Right before the figure there is a bird. From what I have read the bird is symbolic of women. In fact in Survivor 6 The Amazon the tribe of women was named Jabiru, Jabiru is a bird.

Click for Spoiler:

bird.jpg

Then we see the figure on the hill which looks to be a female shape which could symbolize Amber or Jenna,

figure.jpg

Then we see a single eye looking at us with a flame that moves across it. Remember fire symbolizes life and only one person "lives" or Survives at the end of the game.

eye.jpg

I can't tell who the eye might symbolize but looking at it makes me think Rupert or Jenna, I don't know why though.

Then we see the figure in a second pose

figure2.jpg

To confuse things even more look at these symbols. They are the 3 symbols of each tribe. Starting at the top and going to the right is Saboga (Yellow), Chapera (Red) and Mogo Mogo (Green). These show up in the beginning of the video.

3tribes.jpg

Then at the end, 2 of these tribes are flashed again but by themselves. The first one is Saboga and the second one is Mogo Mogo.

tribe_1.jpg

tribe_2.jpg

THen instead of flashing Chapera's symbol they flash this Survivor flag:

red_flag.jpg

What could this mean? Maybe nothing, maybe that the first 2 tribes flashed are "dead" at the end of the game leaving the winner from Chapera. The only person that was on Chapera the whole game is Amber and even then she is no longer on Chapera now that they merged.

Or it could mean that the winner was on all three tribes during the game. That would be Jenna and Rupert since they started out on Saboga, switched to Chapera and later got switched to Mogo Mogo.

Something else that's interesting is the alligator with blood dripping from it's tooth that shows up during the Chapera intro.

chapera.jpg

Could this symbolize betrayal? Possibly Amber betraying Rob?

Like I've said, it's pure speculation through and through and I might just be trying to convince myself that Romber won't win and Rupert will but so far I haven't convinced myself of anything other than I have watched the opening video TOO many times :flex::laugh:

Well, I wasn't really surprised but was disappointed.

Click for Spoiler:

I hoped Rupert would pull it off, but figured he wouldn't. I have voted for him to get the second million dollars though.

I must say though that I loved Tom's fake handshake at the tribal council though, that was CLASSIC!

If you haven't seen the final episode and don't want to see anything from it yet then don't watch this clip...

Ok, tonight's final season finale was pretty good. I enjoyed all of it.

Click for Spoiler:

Except for Amber being the hottest female?? No way do I agree with that, she gets the "Awwwwwww" vote but to me when I see her I see a Lap Dog that didn't deserve to win anything.

I think the fan voted winner of the Million Dollars was pretty much a no brainer. No way Rupert was going to lose.

rup.jpg

rup3.jpg

rup1.jpg

rup2.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Yes! I knew Rupert would win. He was the most popular of any Survivor in history. He was a tough guy but was vulnerable underneath. It really made him an endearing person to watch. I'm so happy for him.

I'm floored by the fact that Boston Rob was in the final 4. I would have picked Rudy over him. Boston Rob already has a piece of a million let someone else have a shot. Okay, he played a good game, it just really bugged me when he screwed Lex over. I know betrayal is part of the game but Rob asked for a special favour outside the game and he got it. Then ultimately stabbed Lex in the back.