• Windows 2000
    • Windows ME
    • Windows XP Home / Windows XP Pro
    • Windows 95
    • Windows 3.1 / Windows 3.1
    • MS-DOS (Ver 1.0 - 6.22)
    • IBM OS/2 Warp
    • MacOS (OS 9 / OS X)
    • Linux / Linux Variants (RedHat / Vector)
    • Other (Please Elaborate)

I almost picked Windows 95 because my oldest computer uses that system and - it's the one that doesn't freeze as much as the others do. :lol:

But, well, I mostly use Windows 98 SE, so that's the one I pick as my favorite. It's a good system... if it wants to ;) (and: it supports ACTIVE DESKTOP... *drools about her Locutus theme* :lol: )

It might not be as advanced as the others, but I find XP, for example, way too colorful ( B) ) and based on the internet (I have a laptop that uses XP but without a internet connection - and it annoys me very often :grin: ).

Mrs. Captain Picard

Edited by Mrs.Picard

I picked XP..I've had it for almost 2 years and no freezing, no problems

I love it....I had big time problems with ME...but 95 was super...everyone has a different story..I got lucky.... :lol:

I voted Other but there is no "Other" for me to pick from. I don't like Microsoft. I've used every version of Windows going back to Windows 3.1 and before that I think the first OS I used for a PC was to MS-DOS 4.0 (possibly an earlier version). Before that I used a C-64 from about 1983 till about 1989 or 1990.

Windows 3.1 was simplistic and most of what I did was DOS based so 3.1 never really made any impression on me. When Microsoft started to move to the 95/98 platform the software was really substandard and had many bugs in it (many that were never fixed). "Me" should have never been released and was basically only a "Stop Gap" until 2000 and XP were ready. XP is by far the best OS they have put out since the DOS/3.1 days but still has it's stability problems.

If I had my choice I would choose to have 2 or 3 other companies not related to Microsoft making Operating Systems to rival Windows. This would force Microsoft to improve.

I'm hopeful that Linux will do that but we'll see.

OS X ALL THE WAY!!! MAC saved me - i couldn't even use a PC without severe, and i mean SEVERE help from ALTEREGO and VB - gawd help me, i'm in love... :lol:

Stardate:21471.8

LINUX!!!!!

The future is open.........

see sig. :lol:

I put xp just cause that's what I have and I like it, even if I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Whichever version of Windows I'm using right now. :lol: ...Don't even remember if it's 2000, XP, or ME.

I voted same as the majority here. My current OS is my first and only OS I've ever had and I hope to have it for sometime to come, it works.

I voted Other but there is no "Other" for me to pick from. I don't like Microsoft. I've used every version of Windows going back to Windows 3.1 and before that I think the first OS I used for a PC was to MS-DOS 4.0 (possibly an earlier version). Before that I used a C-64 from about 1983 till about 1989 or 1990.

Windows 3.1 was simplistic and most of what I did was DOS based so 3.1 never really made any impression on me. When Microsoft started to move to the 95/98 platform the software was really substandard and had many bugs in it (many that were never fixed). "Me" should have never been released and was basically only a "Stop Gap" until 2000 and XP were ready. XP is by far the best OS they have put out since the DOS/3.1 days but still has it's stability problems.

If I had my choice I would choose to have 2 or 3 other companies not related to Microsoft making Operating Systems to rival Windows. This would force Microsoft to improve.

I'm hopeful that Linux will do that but we'll see.

There is nothing wrong with not liking Microsoft. The one thing that I hate about Microsoft is that they keep coming up witn new Operating systems instead of trying to make one operating system the best. Instead of coming out with a superior product, they release a product that has lots of flaws and then release lots of Service Packs and Updates. One day I hope that they get it right. Mabye with Microsoft's new venture codenamed "Longhorn" they will make a superior non flawed product, but I am reluctant.

I have some experience with SCO (Santa Cruz Operation) Unix from work and I love what I have been exposed to.

But I chose Windows XP because it seems to be stable enough (if you keep up with the darn updates).

Myself I prefer to use Windows XP Pro

This is largely due to my tech support job and the issues that I see everyday with the different operating systems. Windows3.1 I don't like because it is not compatible with alot of, well most of the things that I would use.

Windows 95 (Well it had way to many bugs)

Windows 98 (Still to many bugs)

Windows 98SE (Fixed some of the earlier bugs by replacing them with others)

Windows ME (I don't even want to get started, would rather not have a computer)

Windows 2000 is okay, but not as flexible and stable as XP

As for Mac I have not used one since highschool.

Linyx I have tried once for about ten minutes and could not figure it out very well so I decided to wait for another time to try that one

Well to start there is 1 windows system missing.

Windows server2003.net. standard/enterprise/dataserver.

and this was a system I quite liked. but that was only cus you got a web server, email server, streaming media server, etc with it.

but thats not my answer.

I vote for none.

I have no fave OS. I don't like Microsoft and I want to give Linux a go but have not tryed it yet so I cant say if its my fave or not.

I voted WINDOWS XP PRO its what i am useing,

so untill something better comes along it will to

surfice.

Well to start there is 1 windows system missing.

Windows server2003.net. standard/enterprise/dataserver.

and this was a system I quite liked. but that was only cus you got a web server, email server, streaming media server, etc with it.

but thats not my answer.

I vote for none.

I have no fave OS.  I don't like Microsoft and I want to give Linux a go but have not tryed it yet so I cant say if its my fave or not.

Sorry I did not add that as an option Abakai2003. I should have put that and Microsoft SQL Server.

My bad.

:cool:

Edited by shadowfigment

i have XP pro and i have no real problems with it. so i chose that. but i have copies of mandrake and redhat that i would like to play with sometime and see how they are. i also have copies of 98se and 2000, i guess they all have good and bad points but for now i go with the XP.

Stardate:21471.8

LINUX!!!!!

The future is open.........

see sig. :rolleyes:

I chose XP. It never freezes, and its easier to use, and more practical than anything else I've used.

Doesnt the Linux kid look just like eminem?

Doesnt the Linux kid look just like eminem?

Stardate:21479.6

LOL I thought the same thing.He does kinda look like Eminem as a young kid.But I like the way they(IBM) are presenting Linux in the commercials.