Sign in to follow this  
master_q

ENT's Future Endangered?

ENT's Future Endangered?

Master_SiteArticle274401.jpg

Cancellation of UPN's JAKE 2.0 gives executives concerns over ENT's future . . .?

"But with the hammer coming down on JAKE this week, in addition to the 'trimming' of UPN's order of ENTERPRISE episodes this season, Star Trek's executives fear the promises given were disingenuous at best and are running on 'Red Alert' mode to save ENTERPRISE from cancellation doom, and this may include shopping the show to another network or cable channel."

[They preferred to remain anonymous.]

--Cinescape Article - Click Here

Related Stories:

Last month - ENT's total number of episodes was cut

Rumors of ENT's move to Friday

Other Rumors...

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

When will this eventually stopp? It really bugs me to read every now and than on a possible cancellation of ENT.

Why can't we fans just enjoy a fantastic show???

Ok, UPN and Paramount seem to need more letters from us fans - they'll get it. At least from me.

PLEASE join me

Here here...I'm getting tired all the doom and gloom enterprise gets from a lot of people. More and more it just seems like a lot of people are being overly critical on too many details IMO.

UPN has cancelled the following dramas:

Legend

The Sentinel

Seven Days

Special Unit 2

Roswell (after picking it up from the WB)

Jake 2.0

Those are just the good ones. So far, the only UPN shows that actually got an ending have been:

Star Trek: Voyager

Buffy: The Vampire Slayer (after being picked up from the WB)

Roswell (producers thought the show would be cancelled)

Since VOY is the only UPN show to premiere and end on UPN without being cancelled, I think it's safe to say that ENT might survive becuase of it's STAR TREK fan base.

Here we go again! I agree Stardreamer..I'm really tired of hearing about the doom of Enterprise. I don't see what the cancelling of Jake has to do with it. Enterprise does much better and has more fans doesn't it? UPN and Paramount must know how many fans are out here..

Here we go again! I agree Stardreamer..I'm really tired of hearing about the doom of Enterprise. I don't see what the cancelling of Jake has to do with it. Enterprise does much better and has more fans doesn't it? UPN and Paramount must know how many fans are out here..

Actually according to Galaxywire - the Nielsen scifi ratings that they dispaly on SciFi News ENT and Jake had the same rating.

Personally, I think we should all start an email campaign to the SciFi channel and ask them to pick up Enterprise. They picked up Stargate with no change in quality (or maybe better quality) and they've picked up Andromeda for next season. Enterprise deserves better than UPN.

i'm sorry but i have to disagree with all of you..After watching the first season of the show (and subsequent seasons) I have become disalutioned with the show.I am sick of the lack of range some of the characters have exibited.Who wants to see every episode with a Annoyed Archer ,a sexy T'pol and a just there for filler Hoshi or Motgomery.Yes there have been episodes that have stood out.Yes,i still would watch it and UPN needs to clean up its act but its a push-pull situation..Get rid of the Xindi menece already! lets see some "new lives and new civilizations".Give us more comedic episodes like TNG had..Feature the dog Porthos more. i guess people are tired of the riff raff and come to expect quality from a Trek show..

I'm disappointed with the show, but I don't want to see it go (that's what tptb hope for - we'll keep watching no matter what crap they turn out. :) ). I hope it stays on UPN since it's more accessible to me, but I'd be all for a switch over to Sci-Fi - might give B&B the wake-up call they've been needing. Either way, keep up the letters guys and gals.

Edited by Ace

I honestly wouldn't mind if they did put the show in some sort of syndicatiton because it would in creaase my likelyhood of b eeing aable to watch it. I live in a UPN deprived area. satilite company says you can't gt UPN because you live within so many miles and yet a UPN station cannot be picked up by anntea. So as far as Entreprise goes I am at the mercy of others. :)

Enterprise is a great show. If It were canceled by UPN then I strongly believe that someone would pick up the show.

If SciFi picked up Sliders from Fox, then I believe that they would pick up Enterprise from UPN.

This series must not DIE!!!!

:(

Guest Guest

Jake 2.0 is cancelled????? ;) But I love that show over Enterprise!!!! :( Don't get me wrong, but I like Enterprise. Why does shows have to be cancelled? Why can't we watch shows in peace and not worry about cancelling of other shows?

Guest Guest

What the hell? Im engineer toby ghost sloan. Why am I listed as a guest, not an ensign?????

WE HAVE HAD ENTERPRISE HERE IN HOLLAND

ONLY 3MONTHS,WERE ABOUT 2 SEASONS BEHIND

ITS A GOOD SHOW AND WOULD HATE IT TO BE CANCELLED!!!!

I admit that I haven't seen much of ENT as of lately and can't comment on the quality of the show but I agree with the idea of a network switch. For ENT to get a better viewership rate it needs a much better network then what it has now.

Engineer Toby Ghost Sloan,

You must not be logged on. At the top of the screen under the site's banner if you are logged on it should say Logged in as: engineer toby ghost sloan . Probably just a simple mistake of forgetting to log in

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

the article says its from an amynous person... in other words...they could have made it up!..duh!...BS... you belaive anything unless its from UPN itself.... so calm down..yeesh!....

You know, between five tv series, an animated series, all the movies and all the special interviews, features and whatnot revolving around all of this stuff, there really ought to be a "STARTREK" channel. UPN does suck ... all of its shows are stupid and unappealing (at least to my demographic). ENTERPRISE is not all that great of a show ... we have tried and tried to like it, but I just don't. It's way too much like Voyager in its "look" and T'Pol is just annoying, great chest aside. But, as my grandmother says, if you lay down with dogs, you get up with fleas. Maybe if Enterprise were on a better network in better company, it might get a better reputation and following. You can always lure some people who assume you're a winner if you're in the company of other winners. Say, if Enterprise were on the same network as TNG and in a time slot immediately following TNG, more people might be inclined to watch it and give it a chance. I might even try again, mainly because I'm too lazy to change the channel. :(

That being said, I say Star Trek and its producers/creators need to move the entire franchise to ONE network, be it TNN, Sci-Fi, back to FOX, wherever. If these shows were put on a network that EVERYBODY had access to, then I think they'd see better ratings. DUH.

You know, between five tv series, an animated series, all the movies and all the special interviews, features and whatnot revolving around all of this stuff, there really ought to be a "STARTREK" channel.

Ack. No, Trek is doing badly because of over-saturation, I don't want a Star Trek channel, just one show at a time. :P

That being said, I say Star Trek and its producers/creators need to move the entire franchise to ONE network, be it TNN, Sci-Fi, back to FOX, wherever.  If these shows were put on a network that EVERYBODY had access to, then I think they'd see better ratings.  DUH.

I agree, but I think it'd be a mistake to put the show on cable. A lot of Star Trek fans I know don't watch much TV beyond Trek, thus don't have cable TV. I say put Trek on a network like FOX or just keep it in first-run syndication.

Edited by Captain Jean-Luc Picard