Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chataeya

Chataeya's Logs

I hope nothing but good events dominate your life, and the little bumps are minor and insignificant for you and you family!!!

Well the fallout is down to a slow crawl. It seems that because of my hospital stay my 2 round of Chemo is delayed for a week. So Wednesday Jan. 11 will be my next round. maybe by then the rest of my hair will fall out. I think I will change my name to Ilea, If AE is correct in finding out this info for me. Her name comes from the first Star Trek movie where V'ger exists. It seems like I have alot incommin with Star Trek after all. And Yes I have to laugh at myself or I would end up crying instead. I know that the lump has shunk a good bit and with more treatments it will shink even more. So even though I have been sick and the hair fallout, I know that the Chemo is worth it.

Ilia was indeed the Deltan navigator aboard the Enterprise in TMP. She had to take a vow of celibacy before joining Starfleet because apparently making love with a Deltan is too much for most human males to handle....lol

Hopefully, after all of this is over, your hair will grow back... :laugh:

Round #2 done ,hair fallout is still happening but got tried of finding more hair on pillow than my head so got rid of the rest. Buzzers come in handy at this point. So check out V'ger Where are you? in off topic forum.

OK! Some how I have caused trouble on the board when I didn't mean to. So I will be leaving this site. It was never meant in Harm but just in fun. Things have been twisted around somehow. I am Truly Sorry!

You have caused absolutely no trouble at all, Chataeya. Please reconsider and don't leave!

Where to start ? :blink: It seems I have this huge Wammy hanging over me. Why I say that? Good question.... first there is this one triple wammy 2 of my meds plus 1 of the Chemo drugs plays havic with my eye site. The second large wammy messes with my brain :eek: OMW I acttually have one :clap: will wonders never stop. I should have listen to that elderly man more closely....Lets see if I can remember what he actually said that day "where else can you go to get good drugs legally" It wasn't untill today that the fellow he was talking to repeated this man statement They where talking about the 60's and the drug problems back then and how alot of people should have waited until they got older and the cancer problem that seems to be wide spread now a days. God please don't let that time release drug kick in then again maybe it has I just hope that I am making some kind of sense here.

The Doctor told me that I should not be trying to make sense to anyone let alone myself. But how do you shut up the chater that can go on and on in your head. :blink: Sometimes it annoys me to death other times (after I yell at myself) it shuts up altogether. No I am not crazy nor am I off my rocker. :look:

So until these drugs wear off and I don't need to take half the pills that I do. It might be best for me to give the boards a break. :clap:

:blink: Wow!!!!!!!

I just got a call from my Chemo Doc, it seems that the tumor has shunk to an operable size. I will need to have a stent put in under my skin for another type of Chemo. Which will be done when they remove the lump. The next type of Chemo will not include the one they call "Red Devil". The name it self is enough to scare the poo doo out of ya. That was the one I was refering to in the above post. It mess with your mind in a bad way. Was not sure about it until I asked the Doc which drug it was that can mess with you in that way.

:clap: :clap: So, now it is time for me to celbrate the good news.

I thought I would put this in as I know there are some people that just come here and read my logs but never post........And thats ok by me. Below you will find some information on the Chemo threesom that was being used on me.

5-Fluorouracil.......(5-FU, Adrucil, Fluorouracil) This is the first one given in a series of 3.

What it looks like:

clear liquid when dissolved

How it is given:

Into vein.

Common side effects:

Reduced blood counts after 10 days to 2 weeks

Loss of appetite

Diarrhea

"Blahs"

Mouth sores or ulcers

Skin sensitive to the sun, dry flaky skin, fingernails split or darkening of skin (especially face and palms of hands)

Watery eyes

Nasal dryness

Metal taste in mouth

Less common side effects:

Nausea and vomiting

Thinning of hair and loss of eyebrows

Skin rash

Nice Huh? Here comes the second one that was refered to in a prevouis post......Dubed "Red Devil"

Adriamycin.....(Doxorubicin)

What it looks like:

Red Liquid after dissolved.

How it is given: This is were things could go wrong....( info in Special Instructions)

Given as an injection into vein....This the nurse does while IV is run.

Common side effects:

Nausea and / or Vomiting may occur within 1 to 3 hours after the drug is given and may last up to 1 - 2 days. You will be given meds to prevent these reaction before given this drug.

Hair loss ( hmm sounds familar ) usually begins the second week after given the drug. Hair loss includes eye brows, eye lashes, and all body hair.

Reduced blood counts- this usually occurs 10 to 14 days after treatment.

Discolored urine ( pink to red) may occur up to 48 hours after drug given.

Mouth sores

Heart muscle damage may occur causing shortness of breath or ankle swelling.

Specail Instructions : :blink: This is Red Devil and could become :vampire:

This drug is very irritating to tissue if it leaks out of the vein. If you feel any burning, pain, or stinging while the drug is being given, please tell the nurse Immediately

. If the IV site becomes red, swollen, or painful after going home, Call office Immediately :clap:

The third and final drug given in this mess is Cytoxan...(Cyclophosphamide ) Cyclops for short!

this one is a clear liquid mixed with the IV fluid and given as an infsion into vein. It also comes in pill form.

Common side effects:

Nausea and /or Vomiting may occur within 6 hours after given and may last 8 - 12 hours. Thus another anti med is given.

Reduced blood counts usually 10 - 14 days after.

General thin of hair :clap: This has shown up now 3 times.

Nasal stuffiness, sinus congestion, sneezing, watery eyes, and runny nose may occur during or immedialtely following administration of the drug.

Bladder irritation: This drug may cause burning on urination or blood tinged urine.You need to drink at least 3 quarts of fluids the day of treatment and the first 2 days after treatment.

This does not including the pills I am take and there side effects. :blink:

You are going through a lot, and I hope that everything works out of you. If need anything at all, let me know!

:blink: Thank you all for the gratz on the news but, :blink: after talking to the surgical Doctor, well the lump is still not small enough to save any tissue, So, I have done the next best thing I could at this point . My judgement has left but only one thing to do as I will not miss this years Con , come h*ll or high water as the saying goes. I have oped for removal. Total remove of all tissue in that area. Then for reconstuction. :eekout:

This being said, some might wonder why this is my choice, it is because if I left it up to what the surgical Doctor and Chemo Doctor wanted I would still be under treatment during the time of the convention would be running and not able to attend the convention. I have always wanted to go and never could get enough money together to attend one . This year the money is there for this wish of mine and I will not give up the dream of being able to see this site that so many have posted about. This year is more specail than any other. Besides if I do go this way with what is happening to me I will never have to worry about this kind of Cancer again. :lol:

I will wish and pray that this works out for you, I also would like to go to a convention someday.

I also would like for you to go as well! I will pray for you!

Just a short note here to let u know that the oneside that has the cancer will be removed this coming Friday. The reconstuction Doctor suggested this only because of my wanting to go to the convention......She told me that this will be the best thing to do and worry about reconstuction after the convention. She also told me to take plenty of pics , cause she a trekie too. So oneside that is the problem will be bye bye come Friday evening EST. I know alot of you have kept me in your prayers and I thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Best of luck to you during this awful time. I'm glad that thoughts of going to the con is keeping your spirits up. I'll be in Vegas about 1 month before the con so maybe I can give you some more details then.

Hello Trekeis and Trekers I am back!

There are times when I maybe :dude: and there are times when I'm Not. But after this past few weeks I have seen alot and heard alot about Cancer>>>> For us grownups , it is bad news but when it hit young ones it can really hit home......This is something that my Daughter sent me being that she is expecting.

Mine you if you are fanit of heart then ask someone in your home to click the spoiler that is under this message.

:helpsmilie:

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «
image001.jpg

If you wish to Help this young couple out Please send me a PM and give me your email address and I will send it to you. Once you do get it Please pass it on to as many people as you can hopefully this young couple will get to see this child grow up!!!!!!!!

:( :dude::dude: :) FOR THE LOVE OF A CHILD!!!!!!!! :) :D :( :)

Well Hello again! Yes it has been along time since I've posted last, been keeping myself busy with Wire Sculpting. I make Jewelry out of 14k gold wire and Sterling Silver wire. When I find my software for my camera and get it on my new Mega Gaming PC I will post some of the pieces I have made. Some day when E-bay and I get along with each other they will be on there and up for sale until then I just keep making new pieces. Well bye for now ,will post soon. Cya

Chemo is going Ok for now and my hair is growing back in, guess getting 1 drug at a time is better than all 3 at once. Not much going on here exept I have yet to find my camera software. Still looking for it, just wish I could remember where it is. Hmmmmmm?

Do have to donate anything? I will help anyway possible!

Yeah...donate some cash for Chataeya's trip to the Trek convention in Las Vegas... :lol:

:bow: Well it has been a long time since i have posted. Man where does the time go? Well there were some changes made i Chemo treatments. And they are as follows Adriamycin came first ad so did the sickness but that is done and over......5-Fluorouracil Cancelled! Instead i was given Toxol or Toxal (it is one of the 2 spellngs) in it place, give me muscle aches and with the Neulasta shots for white cell count my bones ached too! they cost $6500.00 a pop and have been give these since the beginning of the new treatment schedule. Boy does that add up.........Holy Cow! Now i am on Cytoxan ad Neulasta shots.........But none of this will stop me from going. Thank God. :bow: I have been looking forward to going to this convention for some time now and the doctor has agreed to stop treatments a week so I can go on this trip. :P So if you are going I will see you there :bow: Bye for now , will stop in later.

Chataeya

Oh by the way I am now an offically a Grandmother of a 7lbs. 14ozs. baby boy :bow: Pic to come later!