Sign in to follow this  
Tina

The Enterprise D Vs The Enterprise E

I wondering which Enterprise looks ,sounds and in your opinions Superior

The Enterprise D or The Enterprise E

I Prefer the D.Don't know why.Maybe because it does not look like every other Enterprise in design.Maybe because it was the Flagship.The crew was cool too.

What do you guys think?

Well I like the Enterprise E better.  It just looks like it could whoop more *buttocks*! :)

I still would rather live on D than E but I've gotta admit in the 'whoop'ing department there is no contest ,its :) E :)

Well I like the Enterprise E better.  It just looks like it could whoop more *buttocks*!   :)

I still would rather live on D than E but I've gotta admit in the 'whoop'ing department there is no contest ,its :) E :)

I don't know, I would feel a bit weird living on a ship where the military and their dependents have it better than most civilians.

Edited by lt_van_roy

I Prefer the D.Don't know why.Maybe because it does not  look like every other Enterprise in design.Maybe because it was the Flagship.

But the E is the new flagship, I think it's much better than the D, I do love the D, but i prefer the more sleek design of the E, plus it whoops *buttocks*!!! :)

I like the Enterprise E much better..I was never a big fan of the the design of the D..It should have been sleeker..I agree the interior was cool..A nice place to live.. :)

I agree that D might be better for families, but I like E better. Awesome design and powerful..

Both D and E are flagships..

The Enterprise E for me. As much as I like the interiour design of the Enterprise D, it never was THE ship for me when I look at it from outside. The saucer section is so huge and all that.

I like the slim, flat design of the Enterprise E much better. And the interiour design is aswesome as well, it's darker than on the Ent D, but that's what makes it so special. And the Bridge... Whoa! :unsure: I'm in love with the Enterprise E, I think :idea::dude:

Mrs. Captain Picard

Guest Mike_Hines01

Although I like both ships, I think the E has to the better of the two.

I like the D..Its looks Regal and Whoops *buttocks*...Plus its BIG..And the bigger the better :unsure:

I like both vessels - the D for that upscale, comfortable hotel look, the E for its power, speed, and sleek design.

It's a tough choice, but I'd probably choose the Sovereign class over the Galaxy class.

I like the D..Its looks Regal and Whoops *buttocks*...Plus its BIG..And the bigger the better :dude:

But thats not really true, the D was big because it needed so much room for family size rooms, school classrooms, loads of holodecks, and a big garden etc etc. The Enterprise E is so much more powerful than the D and more maneuverable as well. You always need to put size in proportion, being bigger also means theres more of you for the enemy to hit......

Edited by Cramase

The Enterprise E says 'Speed!!!!!!' to me. It's just so sleek and elongated it's great. The Enterprise D is great as well, but has that sort of 'one part perched on top of the other' quality to it. The E reminds me of the Excelsior in it's design. It doesnt have the charisma and memories of the D though in that we have seen less of it. And it doesnt have that 'Hilton' quality. No yuckka plants lurking aboard the E!!!!

I prefer the D to be honest, and I'm certain that if a fight did enuse the D would put up one hell of a fight, but I'm sure the E would win due to it's more advanced weaponry and the firepower that results from that.

But I still don't think that the Galaxy class would be a walkover.

"D"I think that it is just such a sexy looking ship. lots of nice curves. Edited by Abakai2003

GIVE THE ENTERPRISE E ANYDAY :)

ITS JUST GOT HOW SHOULD I PUT THIS?THE BODY OF A SUPER MODEL,

THE ELEGANCE OF A ROLLSROYCE,AND MORE POWER UNDER THE HOOD

THEN I COULD POSSIBLEY HANDLE :) :) :)

Nice way of describing the Soverign class - although I still don't think that it woud simply "wipe the floor" with a galaxy class

Sorry.I still prefer the D.The E may be a superpowered Super Model.But the D is its Momma that knows how to cook lasagna and tell everyone what to do..

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll

Yeah, well i dont like lasagne and I dont like being told what to do.......( and besides, what guy in his right mind would choose a 'momma' over a supermodel?? :)

First off ,no need to get nasty i was just adding to someones analogy.Its ok if you like the E(I started this post and i look in and add my two cents from time to time)

Another thing quote : "THE BODY OF A SUPER MODEL,

THE ELEGANCE OF A ROLLSROYCE,AND MORE POWER UNDER THE HOOD

THEN I COULD POSSIBLEY HANDLE " That sounded very sexist and there are many men that i know that would rather have a "mother"type then a supermodel.

The Enterprise D, the ship seemed like a lady and she came got of warp like a lady. As what Admiral McCoy said treat her like a lady and she will always bring you home.

Lady? I would hate what the ships who were at the recieving end or her weaphons has to say about that

This is an easy question...IMO.

The Enterprise E (Sovereign Class) is superior to the Enterprise D (Galaxy Class). The E was designed without a large dorsal between the primary and secondary hulls to augment the structural integrity.

The Enterprise D was a great ship for exploration, but the E has a superior tactical advantage over the Enterprise D.

If anyone would like to see the comparative specifications... I would be more than glad to post them...

:cool:

The D was meant to symbolize the strength of the Fed while looking like a cruise ship and there's nothing wrong with that but I prefer the look of the E with it's retro TOS movies Ent look.

The Enterprise D was built during the Federation's era of exploration, where everything was pretty much fine and dandy. By the time you get to the construction of the Enterprise E, things are much more darker - Greater threat from the Borg, the Dominion war. They needed a warship, not an exploration ship hence the more powerful style vessel

The D was meant to symbolize the strength of the Fed while looking like a cruise ship and there's nothing wrong with that but I prefer the look of the E with it's retro TOS movies Ent look.

AE is correct that the Enterprise D was a ship of exploration with lots of muscle. I was looking at the specific armaments of the two ships and they are pretty much the same with the exception of the Enterprise E having one more phaser array than the Enterprise D.

I will have to make a correction... The two ships would probably cancel each other out.

:cool: