Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Who lost a job in 2003

I'm the opposite, I got a job last year :dude:

I was very lucky, graduated last summer and got a job about a month later.

I've seen several comments by people that lost jobs last year.  So I'm curious just how many of us had that experience.

I got laid off earlier last year.

:dude: My condolences to you :lol:

I can't lose my job cos I don't have one - I'm a student

I dont have a job either apart from some casual stuff but I really want a part or full time job.

I lost a job due to shoulder surgery, had to move to a different state where a friend took me in. Now, I have a great job.

i would be one of those jobless, but im not gonna be for much longer im sure, and its going to be a great start to a great year.

(positive thinking, something unusual for me lately)

I was reading through the thread titles in this section when I came across this one. It relates to me, so I thought I would add a post of my own. I quit my job in September 2003 and it was the best thing I ever did. Nobody at work had any idea that I wanted to leave and even though I was almost certain that I wanted to quit, I did it sooner than I had planned. I had been sick with tonsilitis and the day that I came back to work was the day that I decided to leave. I actually told my boss that I wanted to quit on the same day and handed my notice in the next day. Well it wasn't really that straight forward, there were lots of factors that made me decide I wanted to leave but after that, I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I had about two months off, then I was started getting bored (and my money had nearly run out). I needed to find another job, so I did and I started my new job at the beginning of December 2003. So I left one job in 2003 and gained another one in the same year!! My new job is like working in dreamland, its the best job I have ever had! (Im not sure whats going on with my enter button but its not working right now!) Madam Captain out!!

I only work in the summer time due to school so I guess that can classify as losing my job, but I worked with my dad so thats always open next summer.

Nope not me i found a new job in 2003 the best payed

job i have ever had and i like working there. :force:

I'm a full time student at college, so I work only part time and didn't lose my job. My dad did, though. It took a few months for him to get his new job, since he is a fed. now and had to get a bunch of security clearances and stuff.

I lost my job in 2003. I told my boss I needed surgery and I was fired later

the same day..I got the surgery a few months ago and have recovered and

I feel better than ever...I am currently looking for a new job. It's been a long

time since I had to, so its kinda fun...Email, faxes, Monster job.....lots of networking.

P.S.

I am suing the company that let me go. ;)

Edited by v_seven

One of my brothers was out of work for most of 2003 (he has four children). He got a new job in October 2003, but it pays much less than his previous jobs. It does have some health benefits though. His wife also works, but ideally he needs a second job.

Well, as I posted before, I resigned at the end of 2003. I received confirmation this past week that my new job starts 3/8/04. Starting pay is better than my old job after 6 years with my old job.

Jury's still out on whether I'll like it or not, which is a totally separate issue.