Sign in to follow this  
Jack_Bauer

Do you have favourite Christmas Ornaments?

I was wondering if anyone else has Christmas ornaments that are their favourites? Mine are my stormtrooper, my NX-01 from last year (despite the fact it is too heavy for our tree!), my three Garfield ornaments, and my dad's skiing Kermit the frog. There are a few others I can't really describe.

So what are your favourites?

Edited by Jack_Bauer

Most of my "real" ornaments are in a box somewhere at my mom's. I have a pretty generic tree right now - all gold and off white balls.

I am particularly fond of my unicorn ornaments (big shock there huh?)

And for no particular reason I have a little porcelain clown with a green/red outfit that I'm partial too.

I have been building my hallmark ornament collection through ebay.

I have all the Hallmark ship ornaments, and I love them all. I guess I would have to say my favorite is the Romulan Warbird, I like it's unusual design and color.

Of my other ornaments, probably my favorites are the 'Baby's first Christmas' ones, for obvious sentimental reasons.

Some ornaments my sister and I made in girl scouts are my favorites. Mine started with a styrofoam ball, was completly covered with gold glitter, a face flattened, and a gold angel attached. My sister did two with an open-faced eggshells, cotton for clouds, a sprinkle of glitter, and an angel set in the midst. Then she opened out a back face so you could see the angel from either side. These are more than thirty years old now and have been carefully preserved and used on every Chrismas tree at my parent's home.

My favorite ornaments include my Star Trek and Star Wars ornaments, and all of the personalized ornaments that I've had made especially for my tree over the years.

I don't use those type of ornaments. I'm thinking of going into Architecture, so I have a style that I like and I like it simple. I always help decorate it. This year we have silver and blue ornaments with white lights, and a little bit of white trim. It looks really nice.

No not really but my mom has a set of beautiful glass santa balls for the tree that go way back before i was born and in the 18 years i lived at home not once was i allowed to hang them on the tree :dude:

Edited by hangon

My Mom let me go through the Christmas decorations from childhood this summer.

I got some beautiful drums and some handpainted birds that were always on the tree.

And anything my children have made for the tree.

My favorite ornament is a little emerald angel given to me as a gift from a friend about a year ago. It has a lot of sentimental value.

I wonder if we can name other people's ornaments as favorites... because if so I would have to say TSonofvulcan's Romulan warbird ornament is another favorite! :dude:

I do have a favorite Christmas ornament. I have four small little wooden birds that I put on the tree every year. The colors are red, yellow, blue and green. I love those little birds and everyone in my family calls them my birds and always hands them to me to put them on myself.

I have a couple of favorite's, one is a very old Angel that has been on mum's tree for as long as i can remember. My first Christmas away from home after i got married and moved away, my mum put her in a box and posted her to me to put on my tree.. :dude: mum knew i loved her so much.

My second favorite are the engraved bears that My Auntie send's to Taylah every Christmas since she was born

Here is an ornament that is close to what my great-grandparents brought from Russia when they came to America. When my parents moved the ornament broke into million pieces. At that time I didn't know speical that ornament was to the family. Since I have joined the Navy I brought the replacement, but it is not the same.

rim00036.jpg

I remember growing up that my favorite ornament was one that I had made that had a small picture of my mother in it. Even though Christmas was usually not a good time of year at my house I loved that ornament and always considered it very important to have it on the tree as my mother was deceased and it was a way to feel like she was still with us on the holidays.

Sadly many of my favorite ones were things we had from my and my siblings' childhoods.. but they got damaged when there was a leak nearby and messed up a lot of our old Christmas stuff.

Some did survive, and some newer ones on our tree of course had to be there :assimilated:

I took an icicle and had decorated it with mint green ribbon, there is a little gold ceramic turtle of my brother's, my sister's unicorn, my mom's partridge in a pear tree, a baby's first Christmas ornament (I think it is mine, but a couple pieces are missing so we cannot be too sure. I know I have one of the missing pieces it has my birth time on it, the other pieces had my birth day and my birth weight on them and those are missing)

A Precious Moments ornament, two or three Coca Cola Bears.

I have an ornament that was my Great-Great-grandma's on my Mom's side, I always hang it 1st, it has seen better days