Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Blue Christmas

I just read another member describe himself as unhappily single. I'm quite happy being single most of the year but I dread the holiday season .... I look forward to January when the holidays are over and the everything's back to "normal".

Does anyone else experience this?

I just read another member describe himself as unhappily single.  I'm quite happy being single most of the year but I dread the holiday season .... I look forward to January when the holidays are over and the everything's back to "normal".

Yeah, I go through the same thing. Holidays are very hard for me to deal with, especially for the last couple of years since myself and my ex fiancee split up. I miss her daughter alot. I met my X when her daughter was a month old and I was part of the child's life for the next five years. I became very attached to her and cared for her as though she was my own daughter, so I do miss her very much.

I enjoy the holz, ive got a good family to support me, not this year tho - their all the Melborune, 3000kms away!

I just read another member describe himself as unhappily single.  I'm quite happy being single most of the year but I dread the holiday season .... I look forward to January when the holidays are over and the everything's back to "normal".

I feel the same way too. I am happily single the whole year. It is only the Holidays that I have a problem. But I do manage to get thru them somehow. This year is no different. But I will be glad when 2004 is here..

I wonder if the Ex would still let you send her a gift, Dill? or maybe "Santa" could jsut leave it at her door....

The holidays can be upsetting for married's too.

I just found out that my father, who was just last month told he had cancer...everywhere, is most likely not going to live to see this Christmas. I'm having to take time off work to help my mother take care of him.

For those of us with no little ones to enjoy Christmas through, maybe your local hospital childrens ward or a big Brothers/ Big sister's program or the like would help. Christmas if for kids and a lot of them go without this time of year too.

May God bless you all this year and the next.

Lessa

ive got a little sis - shes fun.....i got her a CD, and she sized it up, got an old CD and measured it...and said it was a CD....i said no, its a playstation game.

hehehe kids!

I wonder if the Ex would still let you send her a gift, Dill? or maybe "Santa" could jsut leave it at her door....

Lessa

Unfortunately that is not possible. I do not have any contact with her, because it would be to hard for me and I would get sucked in again, and I believe they have moved since we split up.

I usually love this time of year but i cant even bring myself to want to go get a christmas tree. i dont know if im coming or going. oh what a blue christmas eh. oh well it can only get better. i hope.

I am not blue being single during the holidays...I and my family are still dealing with having lost my father February 2003. So as we just dealt with the first Thanksgiving without him, now we are having our first Christmas without him. He loved distributing gifts Christmas morning!

During Thanksgiving, my oldest brother sat in my father's chair, since he is now regarded as our family head.

Ususally I am not sad during the holidays because I am with my rather extensive family.

sorry Dill. Toys for tots???

I do that every year anyway, but at least I have my STF.NET family for the holidays. And I may get to go see my dad and niece and nephews so it may still be salvageable. I just feel kind of like an outsider when I go there for holidays anymore.

I just found out that my father, who was just last month told he had cancer...everywhere, is most likely not going to live to see this Christmas. I'm having to take time off work to help my mother take care of him.

Oh no! That's terrible. I hope your father fares well and pulls through. :blink:

I agree with you, TUH. The holidays ARE very difficult. I try to keep myself enormously busy, which isn't difficult (work, public speaking, and crafts for Christmas help). It's not the times that I'm out and busy that are hard - it's the times before and after family gatherings (there are four Christmas week alone) that are the worst. Watching everyone leave in pairs, then driving almost an hour home in the dark to an empty, dark house -- that's the hardest part for me.

Lessa, I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. My sincerest sympathies.

Hm, I'm happy to be single, even on Christmas. I'll celebrate it in front of the TV, watching Star Trek DVDs or whatever is on TV. I know, it's strange, but I don't feel lonely at all, not even on Christmas. B) B)

Mrs. Captain Picard

Oh no! That's terrible. I hope your father fares well and pulls through. B)

I send my best wishes Lessa, I really hope everthing works out for the best. It truly has been a emotionally rough couple of months for our STF.NET family, but we have all managed to pull each other through, and all that I can really say is, I will be here if you need me sis.

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>:roflmao: 's to all! :sick: </span>

Just goes to show how much of a family we have here.

Would that make me the crazy pervert uncle that nobody talks about?

Half right lots of people have some too say about you!! lol