Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Favourite Picard Episode

What is your favourite Picard episode?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Picard episode?

• The Big Goodbye
    • Sarek
    • Captain's Holiday
    • Family
    • Darmok
    • The Inner Light
    • Chain of Command
    • Tapestry
    • Bloodlines
    • All Good Things...

What I didnt understand about the Inner Light was.... in Picard's head hewas away for something like 20 years, say, max. Yet when he returned to The Enterprise he could just slip back into the Captain's chair. I wonder if the memories sort've faded a wee bit or his memories from before re-surfaced really quick or something... I liked Chain of Command. Also, in this episode Troi gets the old "cover yerself up love! swannin about like a tart...."

I wondered about that too, but I suppose he was supposed to slip right back into himself again once it was over, otherwise, there would have had to be a lot of other things he didn't remember either...like his name, family, the bridge crew. I mean, he WAs away for a "lifetime". But, I guess, since it wasn't a REAL life time, his memories came back fairly quickly.

:martok:

SAREK, OF COURSE. WHY? BECAUSE IT IS THE EPISODE WERE CAPT. PICARD ALONG WITH OTHERS WITNESS SAREK'S EMOTIONAL CALAPSE SO TO SPEAK. THIS WAS A GREAT EPISODE IN MY OPINION NEXT TO UNIFICATION PARTS 1 & 2.

:laugh:

:angry: :P

I went with Sarek.  I loved the emotion in the episode.  But my all time favorite is not on the list, I don't think.  I can not remember the name of the episode, but it was the one where Picard is tortured by the cardassian.  It was Stewart at his best, that could not have been an easy part to play.

That episode was Chain of Command (a two parter). I thought that was a brilliant episode too. I think I voted for it but I can't remember

Thank You. I have got to download that this weekend, as I cannot wait to see it again.

"There are Four Lights"

Chain Of Command. For three reasons:

1. Stewart acted well in it.

2. It was a gripping story that left me in tears.

3. We got to see Picard naked...*shudders*

DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE!

Reading down the list of choices I remember now why Stewert/Picard is my all time favorite actor/character, he's always great!

I picked Chain of Comand but really it was tied along with Sarak and The Inner Light.

Mine isn't on here ...

I like "Starship Mine" from Season 6. It's very exciting with Picard running around the Enterprise trying to stay one step ahead of those dudes who were trying to take her.

I do like Captain's Holiday, but I like the "Robin Hood" episode more. Q and Vash in the same episode ... :waaaa: what can I say?

I'm partial to the episode 'Darmok'..I thought it was a wonderful episode about 2 species, 2 people trying to understand each other..

While I'm here I also wanted to mention that I have always liked Picards performance in 'Measure of a Man'..There was hardly any action in that episode but Picards words in the hearing saved Data and I liked Picards conversation with Guinan..

I was torn between Sarek and Captains holiday,but in the end i went with captains holiday :waaaa:

Mine isn't on here ...

I like "Starship Mine" from Season 6.  It's very exciting with Picard running around the Enterprise trying to stay one step ahead of those dudes who were trying to take her.

295794[/snapback]

At the time this poll was created we could only offer 10 choices. If I did this poll now, I might have all 50 spaces filled. LOL

I definitely vote for Tapestry. I believe that was one of the first, if not the first, Trek episodes I ever saw. I just loved the episode how we got to see how Picard received his infamous mechanical heart. Just seeing a young Picard is interesting in itself.

I had to go with chain of comand (THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS) that was asome

one that im surprised was not on the list was best of both world that has to be my all time fav

one that im surprised was not on the list was best of both world that has to be my all time fav

296181[/snapback]

I had to check why I left off BOBW and here's what I had posted originally:

I purposely did leave off Best of Both Worlds.  I know for many people that is considered THE best TNG episodes so it would have really skewed the results.  And I didn't think of it as being a Picard story, but a Locutus story.

7010[/snapback]

Also, as I mentioned a couple of posts above, we could only give 10 choices at the time the poll was created.