Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Favourite Picard Episode

What is your favourite Picard episode?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What is your favourite Picard episode?

• The Big Goodbye
    • Sarek
    • Captain's Holiday
    • Family
    • Darmok
    • The Inner Light
    • Chain of Command
    • Tapestry
    • Bloodlines
    • All Good Things...

What is your favourite Picard episode and why? If I didn't include your favourite please let us know what it is.

I voted for Chain of Command although I almost voted for The Inner Light or Tapestry. Patrick Stewart is such an amazing actor and Picard such a great character it is so hard to choose. I did choose Chain of Command because of the powerful story line and amazing performances in the episode. Picard's torture scenes were incredibly powerful televion.

Guest Ktrek

I voted for the "Inner Light". This was a stroke of pure genius! To live a whole lifetime in 25 minutes and then have those memories with you for the rest of your life. Even though the Kataan culture is long gone there is one who still remembers. :)

Ktrek

Chain of Command was excellent!! I could not vote for THe Inner Light....to be honest, the first time I saw it, it was good, then the subsequent viewings I became rather bored with it. But that is not the case with some of the other episodes listed on this poll!

I voted for the "Inner Light". This was a stroke of pure genius! To live a whole lifetime in 25 minutes and then have those memories with you for the rest of your life. Even though the Kataan culture is long gone there is one who still remembers.  :)

Ktrek

I agree. I thought it was a neat idea. To live a lifetime in such a short period of time. He also learned how to play an instrument.

I vote for Sarek because about the mind meld of Picard with the Sarek.

The scene with Picard suffers with Sarek emotions is more than great.

But the best episode is Best of both worlds but correctly not include in

the list, because invovle also the Borg...

I purposely did leave off Best of Both Worlds. I know for many people that is considered THE best TNG episodes so it would have really skewed the results. And I didn't think of it as being a Picard story, but a Locutus story.

I agree about leaving that off....after all the Borg make an appearance and Picard is Locutus for majority of the cliffhanger. And it would have definately skewed the results.

Darmok. That was such a sweet, well thought-out, interesting episode. Inner Light was good, and I really want to like it as much as everyone else seems to, but I just...don't. The worst is that I don't have a good rreason. That ep just doesn't do it for me, I guess.

I purposely did leave off Best of Both Worlds.  I know for many people that is considered THE best TNG episodes so it would have really skewed the results.  And I didn't think of it as being a Picard story, but a Locutus story.

Hmmmmmm, Locutus was Picard assimilated into a Borg. Locutus became a part of Picard. He will never be able to erase the memories.

I'll go ahead and place my vote for "All Good Things." Descent acting considering the jump back and forth between time periods. If I could have voted for two episodes, I would have also chosen "Inner Light", because as a couple of you stated previously...it was genius. :wow:

That is true, Data. But, I guess the better way for Takara to put it may have been..."It was more a BORG story, than a Picard story." Maybe then there would not be so much confusion, since what you have said is perfectly correct.

I purposely did leave off Best of Both Worlds.  I know for many people that is considered THE best TNG episodes so it would have really skewed the results.  And I didn't think of it as being a Picard story, but a Locutus story.

Hmmmmmm, Locutus was Picard assimilated into a Borg. Locutus became a part of Picard. He will never be able to erase the memories.

Very true. The effect Locutus had on Picard was devastating. For some reason I see them as different people - can't explain why. I almost didn't include The Inner Light for the same reason but the effect that Kamin had on Picard was too powerful to ignore.

All Good Things... Notice about the list given, they almost all have the Picard gets stranded alone with someone theme and I believe AGT is the best example of the entire crew supporting the Captain, I like those kinds.

Yillara_Soong

That is true, Data. But, I guess the better way for Takara to put it may have been..."It was more a BORG story, than a Picard story." Maybe then there would not be so much confusion, since what you have said is perfectly correct.

Yes, it probably is more of a Borg Episode.

Takara_Soong

Very true. The effect Locutus had on Picard was devastating. For some reason I see them as different people - can't explain why. I almost didn't include The Inner Light for the same reason but the effect that Kamin had on Picard was too powerful to ignore.

Hmmmmm, The Inner Light was the episode I picked. :wow: I guess if you did not have that on the episode list, I would have gone with "All Good Things".

I voted for inner light, but like always, I could have voted for almost any of them

I also liked darmock, chain of command, tapestry, all good things, yeah, the whole list pretty much

I picked All Good Things. I think Patrick Stewart may have done a better acting job in Chain of Command but the poll asked for favorite. Chain of Command was too depressing for fall into a favorite category for me.

Think I will go for inner light.

It was cool that he got to see how his life could have been if he had been a planet based family man...sort of.

I voted for Tapestry, it's my favourite TNG episode, Picard goes back and relives his early days, Q pops up. We got to see Picard when he was younger, great trek

I went with Sarek. I loved the emotion in the episode. But my all time favorite is not on the list, I don't think. I can not remember the name of the episode, but it was the one where Picard is tortured by the cardassian. It was Stewart at his best, that could not have been an easy part to play.

I went with Sarek.  I loved the emotion in the episode.  But my all time favorite is not on the list, I don't think.  I can not remember the name of the episode, but it was the one where Picard is tortured by the cardassian.  It was Stewart at his best, that could not have been an easy part to play.

That episode was Chain of Command (a two parter). I thought that was a brilliant episode too. I think I voted for it but I can't remember

So many good choices, how does one choose??? I finally went with The Inner Light, but I could have said almost any one of them. Chain of Command was superb, as was Tapestry and All Good Things. About the only one on the list I didn't care for was Captain's Holiday, because I didn't enjoy Vash that much.

Although I really like both Inner Light and Chain of Command I ended up chosing Sarek. Stewarts acting to supress the onslaught of vulcan emotions was powerfull.

Tough choice, but I think Picard was best in Chain of Command.

Edited by Alterego