Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ddillard

ddillard Personal Log

take some tablets, put on a good song and dance your chores away  :dude:  :P

303996[/snapback]

LOL, that would be a great idea but with my working in a call center I don't quite think that they would take to kindly to my doing that.

Well, I have been very preoccupied lately. I just had surgery on my right eye and there was alot involved in getting ready for it. Unfortunately all of it kept me away from STF much more than I would have liked. But I should be able to be around more at least until it gets close to the surgery on my other eye next month.

What is up with your eyes?

320662[/snapback]

When I was Eight I had Glaucome (high pressure of the eyes) and I had Cataracts When I was Ten. Both resulted in the need for surgery and the Cataract surgury resulted in the removal of the lense of my eyes. The surgeries now are to replace the lens of my eyes in order to allow me to see without the need for extremely strong glasses or contacts. Once the surgeries are over the most that I should need is a light prescription for far off distances and reading.

wow that was mighty unlucky.

I have funky lenses in my glasses to correct the muculature I was attacked 9/10/01 and my eye and the surrounding muscles nothing painful.

I really know how you feel. I am very nearsighted. I can't see much without my glasses. Forget about see my clock without them and many other things. I don't like taking my glasses off for short period of time, because I don't like seeing blurs anymore. Someday I will get my vision fix, but right now I don't have the time.

I am very saddened with having now watched the, *chokes* final episode of ENT. I don't feel that the show should be going away, but what does my opinion matter.

I have surgery on my left eye on Thursday and will be off work for twelve days after that to allow plenty of time for recovery. It will be a nice break from work, but will be a little boring as I will be restricted as to what I can and cannot due during that period.

:P Just getting back to the boards and I am sad to hear (read) all this bad news, My prayers are with you and I hope that the second surgery went as well as the first.

:thumbs: & :kisss: to you, please feel better . If not maybe you can get RC to play :doctor: :)

Ok, I am so bad at making log entries. I read everyone else's and forget to make my own.

The surgeries went extremely well and I have 20/40 vision in both eyes now without the use of glasses or contacts which is really cool since I was legally blinde without glasses or contacts before. I have now been able to enjoy swimming again for the first time since I was eight.

I moved about two weeks ago, AGAIN.. I hate moving more than anything else it is such a chore and I still have some stuff that I have not moved yet, but I am in a better situation now, and I am hoping that I will not have to worry about moving again any time soon.

I'm glad to see that your surgeries went well!

I know what you mean about hating to move. :D My husband and I have moved quite a few times since we got married, but now that we own a mobile home, we hope we can stay put for a while!

Well I got a 96 Ford Contour Cheap a couple of weeks ago. The brakes were out so I fixed those last week which is not a big deal since I can do that myself. I was extremely happy with the car as it gets great gas milage and runs good, well it did anyway. On my way to work the day before yesterday it lost power and died beside the road, I figured "Ok, you moron your out of gas." So I called roadside assistance who brought me gas, and after cranking for about twenty minutes got it started and got to work. Then I decided to take my lunch break and take it to the gas station and fill it up. I got it started then pulled out and it did the same thing again so I had to push it back into the parking lot. Yesterday just to make sure I put in another two gallons of gas but that is not working. I believe that the fuel pump has gone out, which means that for the first time in my life I am sending a car in to a garage to have it fixed. They are supposed to tow it over there today, (which I know is gonna kill me on that part of the bill since the garage is on the other side of town which is about 30 miles) then they are going to fix it. I did get them to agree to go ahead and pay the tow bill and go ahead and fix it then hold the car until I get paid at the end of next week so that it will be done and ready then. Right now I am driving my GMC Jimmy which is murder on the gas so that is gonna have me scrimping until payday just to get back and forth. And with the price of gas going up to $3.00 a gallon here today that is gonna really hurt. But oh well once the car is fixed it will be good, and it is better for it to happen now then when I am on my way to Chicago in a few weeks.

having cars break down on you is the pits. About a year ago I got back from summering in michigan to find my car dead in the garage, an electrical problem that probably would have had me sitting at the side of the road if I'd left for Michigan a few days later. So, $800 later [most of what I'd saved up all summer (rich people pay babysitters and dog walkers well)] I could get myself to school and werk and back.

As for that trip to Chi-town, just remember, it is SO worth it right?:dude::dude: ... just watch the traffic by the city, and the constant road destruction around the Chicago/Indiana border. Trucks drive like maniacs with you between them and a slab of concrete with NO room for error....but the time of day you'll be there, you should be fine.

Well, sitting at work and I am so bored. I am getting an average of three calls an hour if I am lucky. I love the availability since I would rather be bored than have to take calls back to back. I just want the day to end so I can go home.

I have not received a call from the garage that will be fixing my car yet, which is making me a little nervous since they were supposed to call me when they figured out an estimate on the cost. I am going to give them till Monday then if I have not heard anything I will give them a call.

Hopefully I will be going after work to pick up the title for the car, so that I can get that taken care of next week as well. Then I have to go over to a friend's home and get a computer setup for his daughter, which is cool since I am supposed to be getting two computers out of the deal for my time.

As they say, "So much to do, so little time to finish it off." That is how it is like for me. But, I would rather be bored than to work my butt off all the time! lol.

Well, I am sitting here at my new job watching DS9 and waiting for the phone to ring, which it does not do often, lol. I am definitely enjoying it here alot more than the last job. I pretty much just sit here surf the web and watch my dvd's and occasionally take a call and get paid alot more to boot.

Well, I am sitting here at my new job watching DS9 and waiting for the phone to ring, which it does not do often, lol. I am definitely enjoying it here alot more than the last job. I pretty much just sit here surf the web and watch my dvd's and occasionally take a call and get paid alot more to boot.

Where do I go to apply for a job like that?....... :biggrin: