Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RikerChick

My paintings

I'm just gonna make a thread in here to post my paintings since I plan to do a lot more painting. This one is from today. I'm not thrilled with it but I don't dislike it either. I'm still learning how to do this so I'm trying to not be too self critical.

Click for Spoiler:

gallery_162_127_10619.jpg

This one is the one from the other day.

Click for Spoiler:

gallery_162_127_59556.jpg

I like the one from today better than the older one, I like the sun through the clouds. By any chance are you using the Bob Ross technique?

I like the one from today better than the older one, I like the sun through the clouds. By any chance are you using the Bob Ross technique?

Thank you. Yup, wet on wet. :yahoo: That's the only way I know how with oils

Very cool. :)

Thanks sis B)

Wow, I don't know how you couldn't be thrilled with them, I think they're beautiful. You're very talented

Thank you :yahoo:

Very nice! How long does it take you to finish one of these?

Thank you. :yahoo: The first one took about 1 1/2 hours, today's took a little over 2 1/2 hours, but today I had both kids and they wanted to "help" mommy paint lol, so I had more distractions.

Beautiful work RC. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Amy :yahoo:

I hope you post more when you get them done. I, for one, would love to see them.

I second that!

I like the new pic better as well. I think it amazing that you can crank out such a high quality painting in so short a time. You could have your own gallery in no time at this rate!... :yahoo:

Thank you Kor

I finally figured out what was driving me crazy in the painting from today. Fortunately oils take forever to dry so I could go back and fix it.

Click for Spoiler:

BA.png

I just spent a few minutes looking back and forth from the before and after pics. Not having an artistic bone in my body, I can't tell what it is you "fixed" but it still looks great!..... :yahoo:

I just spent a few minutes looking back and forth from the before and after pics. Not having an artistic bone in my body, I can't tell what it is you "fixed" but it still looks great!..... :yahoo:

I just fixed the shading a little and made some sunlight shine through the wave

I think they're absolutely great. I wish I had your talent.

My sentiments exactly. There is no way I could do that.

I just like to say if you made your own art gallery with your pics I would definatly come and see them. You have a amazing talent and great patience as well

:flowers: Bad Hang..shame on me but i was sure i replyed to this topic :P

They are reall really good Mandy..better then anything i have seen by anyone i know infact i would love a painting from you hanging on the wall here in my house :innocent:

:flowers: Bad Hang..shame on me but i was sure i replyed to this topic :P

They are reall really good Mandy..better then anything i have seen by anyone i know infact i would love a painting from you hanging on the wall here in my house :innocent:

:laugh: You're gonna have to send me your address once again because I've lost it...once again. :blink:

:P You're gonna have to send me your address once again because I've lost it...once again. :innocent:

LOL.. its ok i will send you it in a PM but messa wanna painting*puppy eyes*....deb to..mini you makes it 3..lol