Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Updated Logo

Which Logo is best? (see below for both)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Which Logo is best? (see below for both)

• 1. The original one
    • 2. The new one

As you may or may not have noticed I re-made the logo at the top of the board. What's your opinion?

Here's the old:

Click for Spoiler:

treklogo.jpg

Here's the new:

Click for Spoiler:

treklogo_N.jpg

Persoanally I like the old one better. It had a crisper, sharper look to it. The new one is somewhat blurry, and the color is a little darker. Just doesn't suit my taste. But if you and most people like it, that's what matters.

Persoanally I like the old one better.  It had a crisper, sharper look to it.  The new one is somewhat blurry, and the color is a little darker.  Just doesn't suit my taste.  But if you and most people like it, that's what matters. 

So do I.

The new one is somewhat blurry, and the color is a little darker.

Blurry how? Mine doesn't seem blury so I'm wondering if it's fully loaded into your system. I've seen pics at times that will half way load and they look very blurry so I'm curious if that's the case here.

QUOTE (Lt. Commander Bolivar @ Aug 27 2003, 03:00 PM)

The new one is somewhat blurry, and the color is a little darker. 

Blurry how? Mine doesn't seem blury so I'm wondering if it's fully loaded into your system. I've seen pics at times that will half way load and they look very blurry so I'm curious if that's the case here.

I don't think I articulated very well. I supose it isn't so much blurry as it is pixelated. Because the title "STARTREKFANS.NET" has been enlarged, you can see the individual pixels. It's not a large concern. Perhaps my vision is just to darned good... laughs... It seems to look great to the other members, so by all means, leave the new one up. Sorry for the confusion.

I don't think I articulated very well.  I supose it isn't so much blurry as it is pixelated.  Because the title "STARTREKFANS.NET" has been enlarged, you can see the individual pixels.  It's not a large concern.  Perhaps my vision is just to darned good... laughs... It seems to look great to the other members, so by all means, leave the new one up.  Sorry for the confusion.

There must be a difference in how it's displaying on our 2 computers. I'll have to go to one of my other systems and see how it looks on a different computer. What's your connection? Dial Up or Highspeed?

I like the new Logo just fine..I wouldn't call it blurry..How about if I describe it as 3D-ish...?!..Is that a word?..Get my meaning?..I think it looks good..

I like the new one shape's but I wonder how it look in blue...

Here's one in blue (This is how I made it at first but thought the blue was too dark so I made it red).

Click for Spoiler:

treklogo2blue.gif

OK, call me blind, but what's the difference between the two? I really don't see a difference. Likewise, both images appear pixel-for-pixel identical? Sorry....

Here's one in blue (This is how I made it at first but thought the blue was too dark so I made it red).

Click for Spoiler:

treklogo2blue.gif

I like the Red one better...

OK, call me blind, but what's the difference between the two?  I really don't see a difference.  Likewise, both images appear pixel-for-pixel identical?  Sorry....

There's 3 different logo's posted. The old one where the name is in a slightly different font and is a bit smaller. Then the new one with Red outlining and then in response to Alterego I posted a new one with blue outlining.

Click for Spoiler:

treklogo2blue.gif

:assimilated: Red is better!

truthfully, i like the old one alot better. the red doesnt match the site, and i think the old one looks more professional. it still looks good, but the other one was awesome

Stardate:213655.9

I like the old one better.I think on the new one the title seems to hmm whats the word im looking for....override the rest of the picture.But out of the colors I like the blue better than the red.But thats just my opinion

Ok, lets make it a poll. Which ever logo has the most votes in a week will be the logo. (I can make a second skin if anyone wants the other one to be used.)

heres one i prepared earlier, what do you think?:

Click for Spoiler:

This one's a transparent GIF:

stfans.gif

Click for Spoiler:

This one's a plain 80% quality JPG:

stfans.jpg

what do you think?

VBG, i like em both, there very good! do you like mine? :frusty::assimilated:

I like the old one better. The old one is neater.

Edited by Data

OK, call me blind, but what's the difference between the two?  I really don't see a difference.  Likewise, both images appear pixel-for-pixel identical?  Sorry....

There's 3 different logo's posted. The old one where the name is in a slightly different font and is a bit smaller. Then the new one with Red outlining and then in response to Alterego I posted a new one with blue outlining.

Aha! Now I do see a difference. For some reason, when I clicked on your spoilers, I got identical images..... odd. Thanks!

(Lt. Commander Bolivar @ Aug 27 2003, 05:22 PM)

I don't think I articulated very well. I supose it isn't so much blurry as it is pixelated. Because the title "STARTREKFANS.NET" has been enlarged, you can see the individual pixels. It's not a large concern. Perhaps my vision is just to darned good... laughs... It seems to look great to the other members, so by all means, leave the new one up. Sorry for the confusion. 

There must be a difference in how it's displaying on our 2 computers. I'll have to go to one of my other systems and see how it looks on a different computer. What's your connection? Dial Up or Highspeed?

The pixelation isn't very obvious, but I do see it. I don't think it is a difference between our two computers. My connection is highspeed. It isn't a problem with loading times. [/color]

Just out of curiosity see if you still see the pixils in this one. I took the outlining out and left the letters just plain gold.

Click for Spoiler:

treklogo2_.jpg

I like the old one best, then the blue new one, and last the first new one. Clear?

Just out of curiosity see if you still see the pixils in this one. I took the outlining out and left the letters just plain gold.

Click for Spoiler:

treklogo2_.jpg

I'm sorry that just reminds of raw cookie dough :dude: . I think the old one has greater definition (I guess that's the pixel discussion) and I like the tone of the gold better.