Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

Best Cliffhanger

Which was the best cliffhanger episode from any film or series?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which was the best cliffhanger episode from any film or series?

• Star Trek II:The Wrath of Khan
    • The Best Of Both Worlds (TNG)
    • Redemption (TNG)
    • Descent (TNG)
    • Call to Arms (DS9)
    • Tears of the Prophets (DS9)
    • Scorpion (VOY)
    • Equinox (VOY)
    • Unimatrix Zero (VOY)
    • The Expanse (ENT)

Now I know that there will be that awkward element of you who will winge cause i've left out 'Times Arrow' and 'Basics' and so forth. But remember. Only the top ten is allowed in a poll and these were them, for me. So vote away... K

Definitely The Best of Both Worlds. Not even the writers knew how it was going to turn out.

I voted "Scorpion". I might'a voted "The Best of Both Worlds", but I wasn't into Trek when it first aired, so I got to see both parts back to back as a re-run. Anywho, how come you didn't include "What You Leave Behind"? It's a cliffhanger too! <_<

I almost voted for 'Best of Both Worlds'..That was a great one. But I voted for 'Star Trek II the Wrath of Khan'..That one really got to me...

Does ST-2 cound as a cliff hanger?  It felt like an ending to me "hinting" at a direct sequal.  I just didn't get the "To Be Continued..." feel from the ending.

Yeah, I'd say it was a cliffhanger. They knew almost immediately that there was going to be another movie, and there was such an outcry about the "death" of Spock there was a lot of speculation about the character's return.

I didn't exist back then, so I'll take you're word for it. :lol:

Right, you weren't around. So pay homage to my superior knowledge and wisdom and show the proper respect to your elders. <_< (HEHE)

I voted Best of Both Worlds! What an awesome cliffhanger! I think my second choice would be The Expanse followed Descent.

BTW prometheus, with the recent upgrade of the boards you can now list 25 choices in the polls.

I Voted For "Best Of Both Worlds".

IMO, It was the First Time We Truely Got The "OMG,WTF,HOLY SH" Feeling From Star Trek.

2nd and 3rd Place Go To

"Call To Arms" & "Tears Of The Prophets"

Now I know that there will be that awkward element of you who will winge cause i've left out 'Times Arrow' and 'Basics' and so forth. But remember. Only the top ten is allowed in a poll and these were them, for me. So vote away... K

I picked Best Of Both Worlds from this list.

Also, with the upgrade we can have up to 25 Poll options now. If someone wants more they can PM me and ask for more.

The Best of Both Worlds is my choice.I remember waiting for Part Two,wondering whether or not Picard was going to be killed along with the Borg,or what.To tell the truth,I was sort of looking forward to Riker taking command...though I wasn't a big fan of Shelby as exec.

I would've picked Star Trek:TWOK,but at the time I don't think many of us knew it was going to be a cliffhanger....as I recall,Leonard Nimoy was certain that he was finished with Star Trek at that point. :laugh:

I voted for The Best of Both Worlds because it truly left you hanging as to what will become of Picard since he turned into a Borg. Also it left you wondering if the Federation would Survive?

"THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS" gets my vote. It's the best cliffhanger I have ever seen... Riker standing in front of his crew, seeing a transformed Jean-Luc talking to him:

"I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile. Your life as it has been is over. From this time forward, you will service... us!"

This is one of the strongest and best moments in Star Trek ever. And BOBW is the best cliffhanger.

So... here comes my vote :laugh:

Mrs. Captain Picard

I was going to vote for the Best of Both Worlds but seeing as though I love ST2 I had to vote for it couldn't help it.

Does ST-2 cound as a cliff hanger?  It felt like an ending to me "hinting" at a direct sequal.  I just didn't get the "To Be Continued..." feel from the ending.

Of all the people to argue that 'Wrath of Khan wasn't a cliffhanger' I knew it would be you. Well. Remember. If you weren't around to see The Best of Both Worlds at the time then you definitely wouldnt have been around to have seen Wrath of Khan at THAT time and so are not really in a position to judge whether or not AT THAT TIME it felt like a cliffhanger or not. Also, i said that i didnt have room for ALL the cliffhangers. I just picked, what I felt, were the top ten.

When I first got into Trek, I had watched TOS re-runs, then got into TNG durring it's 4th or 5th season with a re-run of "The Best of Both Worlds". My first Trek movie was "The Wrath of Kahn". At the time, I thought it was the only Trek movie, and to be honest, I had no feeling of "To Be Continued..." at the end. It just felt like a stand alone movie. Imagine my surprise when I saw The Search for Spock! :laugh:

When I first got into Trek, I had watched TOS re-runs, then got into TNG durring it's 4th or 5th season with a re-run of "The Best of Both Worlds".  My first Trek movie was "The Wrath of Kahn".  At the time, I thought it was the only Trek movie, and to be honest, I had no feeling of "To Be Continued..." at the end.  It just felt like a stand alone movie.  Imagine my surprise when I saw The Search for Spock! :laugh:

Did you not see the last scene of the movie?..Spocks photon tube on the surface of Genesis surrounded by a Tropical Paradise..Or how about the scene right before that..Where Kirk is looking the Viewscreen and says "If Genesis is indeed life from death I must return here one day"..How is this not a cliffhanger?..If you saw this movie in the theatre when it was released you would have felt differently..So much emotion in that theatre...

When I first got into Trek, I had watched TOS re-runs, then got into TNG durring it's 4th or 5th season with a re-run of "The Best of Both Worlds".  My first Trek movie was "The Wrath of Kahn".  At the time, I thought it was the only Trek movie, and to be honest, I had no feeling of "To Be Continued..." at the end.  It just felt like a stand alone movie.  Imagine my surprise when I saw The Search for Spock! :laugh:

Did you not see the last scene of the movie?..Spocks photon tube on the surface of Genesis surrounded by a Tropical Paradise..Or how about the scene right before that..Where Kirk is looking the Viewscreen and says "If Genesis is indeed life from death I must return here one day"..How is this not a cliffhanger?..If you saw this movie in the theatre when it was released you would have felt differently..So much emotion in that theatre...

I didn't see WOK in the theater, but caught it on tv over a year later. I wasn't a diehard Trekkie then, hadn't stayed caught up, and Spock's death caught me off-guard. I had heard Nimoy didn't want to be Spock anymore, but I had gotten wrapped up in the movie without thinking of the end. I was at my gparents and totally embarrassed myself by crying at the end of the movie.

That said, I love WOK and think it's a great cliffhanger. I enjoy almost every episode on that list. I hate waiting three months to find out what happens! :laugh:

Best cliffhanger? Best of Both Worlds, it was awesome.

Side note...I really liked Descent, and Times Arrow too. But but part of those votes would be because of who those center around... :laugh: So I had to pick Best of Both Worlds, instead

LOL, YOU GUYS ARE FUNNY! EVERYONE KNOWS "BEST OF BOTH WORLDS" WAS VOTED BEST EPIS OF ALL TIME ANYWAY! (OUT OF "TROUBLE WITH TRIBBLES", "TRIALS AND TRIBBLE-ATIONS" AND FOR SOME UNKNOWN REASON, "SCORPION")

THOUGH, I HAVE GOT TO ADMIT, WITH THE EPIS BEING IN ONLY THE FOURTH OR FIFTH SEASON, YOU JUST *KNOW* PICARD WOULDNT HAVE DIED. BUT THEY (WRITERS) DID A GOOD JOB OF PUTTING IN THE SUSPENCE. AND IF RIKER COMMANDED THE ENTERPRISE, I WOULD DIE. HES A...WELL, LETS JUST SAY I DONT LIKE HIM. I FEEL LIKE Q, LOL! :dude:

:bow:

:bow:

:borgqueen:

NOTICE: I WILL *NEVER* USE A ENT NX 01 ICON

what about "The Jem'Hadar" (DS9 season 2 ender), that was powerful, and "The Adversary" (DS9 season 3 ender)...they were the two best cliffhangers....(how come their not top ten)!

Best of Both Worlds, had to wait for something like a year for the next series to start, worth the wait though.

I voted for Unimatrix Zero. You knew they were going to be rescued, but it was still creepy...

It was kind of an unfair vote though as I haven seen everything on the list.