Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

Old Chat Posts

The chats can start any time you want. We put the 1:00 ET chat as a scheduled time because that is when the server updates. At one time the boards were inaccessable during the update so we had an inpromptu gathering in the chat one weekend and decided to keep it going every week.

If you want to invite people into the chat prior to the scheduled time or would like to have a chat at any other time you can post a time in this thread or invite those who are logged in to join the chat.

Why does the chat have to have the time 1:00 AM as it's scheduled time? By posting that time, discourages the idea of an earlier time. The reason I am posting this is because I was told in the chat Saturday to write about another time. If the scheduled time is not changing, why was I told to write my request?

Why does the chat have to have the time 1:00 AM as it's scheduled time? By posting that time, discourages the idea of an earlier time. The reason I am posting this is because I was told in the chat Saturday to write about another time. If the scheduled time is not changing, why was I told to write my request?

If you want to invite people to come chat earlier then post something in this thread shortly before you are heading into the chat and people will see it that way. The chats can start at any time.

The server update chat is shown as being at 1:00 a.m. ET as a way to encourage members who are on the boards at the time that the server updates to stick around by coming to the chat. It also serves as a reminder to people that the server does update at 1:00 a.m. ET Sunday mornings.

That sounds like a good idea. In fact that is practiced on another forum I attend. B)