Sign in to follow this  
Yillara Skye

Childhood TV Shows

I was looking throught the cartoon thread(the ones that people may or may not remember) Which got me thinking of other shows, that I liked to watch(other than Star Trek) when I was little. So, I thought I would start a thread discussing shows(animated or not) that we all remember.

For me(may be lesser known): Jem and the Holograms

Heathcliff

Strawberry Shortcake

3-2-1 Contact

The Letter People

Gummi Bears

Snorks

Rainbow Bright

the ones in yellow are non-animated

i was just going to post a thread like this when you beat me to it Yillara! lol.

anyways, i used to watch:

inspector gadget

teenage mutant ninga turtles

the real ghostbusters

tng

teddy ruxpin

ducktales

but my reminising only brings me back to the early 90s. (i was born in 1987) lol

Punky Brewster

Reading Rainbow

My Little Pony

Care Bears

Transformers (I was the only girl in first grade who had a crush on Optimus Prime)

I'll think of more.....

:laugh: :lol: Wasn't aloud to watch TV when I was little. Didn't get one in the house until I was close to the age of 6-8 years of age. They were to exspensive back then. Sorry!

Two programs I remember from when I was a kid that just seem to draw blank stares in return are:

HR Pufnstuf (for trivia fans - Jack Wild's (who played Jimmy) major claim to fame is playing the Artful Dodger in the 1968 Oscar winning musical Oliver!)

i-1.jpg

and the Bananasplits:

bananasplits_1.jpg

Stardate:213545.6

We didnt have cable until i was about 8 years old so all we got was news and maybe Fox every once in a while if the weather was real nice and the wind wasnt blowing.But from what i can remember is Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles,Power Rangers the original(yes i watched them when I was little :lol: )TNG,Quantum Leap(that was after we got cable)Inspector Gadget.Thats about all I can remeber

Let me see...there was Transformers, He-Man, The Smurfs, Fragle Rock, Speed Buggy and Jonno Quest.

Ohmigosh, y'all are bringing back memories. Pufnstuf, Speed Racer - ooh, yeah! (Crush on Optimus Prime. :lol: I won't even mention I LOVED one of the characters on G.I. Joe, whose name I can't even remember now!)

My dad took away the antenna when we were kids, and we only got it back if we deserved it, but I still remember some...

Any of the Kroft shows. Seymour and the Sea Monsters, Space Nuts, especially The Bugaloos.

Actually, the shows I loved the most when I was little were reruns of Hogan's Heroes, the Monkees, and Get Smart. I had a crush on each of the Monkees at different times!

Reading Rainbow

holy cow! i missed the reading rainbow! that was also my one of my favs. i always loved reading, loved levar burton, and loved anything remotely related to star trek. lol.

(the star trek episode was my favorite)

Fragle Rock
I loved that show too. All muppets rock! lol.

Back when I was growing up there was no such thing as cable! We only had 4 channels.CBS,NBC,ABC,and Public television.

I'm showing my age here but I remember watching Captain Kangeroo back when he was living on a boat! Bunny Rabbit and Mr.Moose were on board as well along with a talking octopus that would visit from time to time.

The other shows I liked as I got a little older were Time Tunnel,Lost in Space, and Land of the Giants. I guess I've always been a Sci Fi fan!

Batman

Superman

Space Ghost

Fantastic Four

Captain Kangaroo

Later on I liked Time Tunnel, The Wild, Wild West

i just about forgot one of my all-time favorites:

MR. DRESSUP!!!!!

mr_dressup.jpgmrdressup.jpg

he destroyed mr. rogers!!! :devil:

you know what who talking about Takara! :lol:

i just about forgot one of my all-time favorites:

MR. DRESSUP!!!!!

mr_dressup.jpgmrdressup.jpg

he destroyed mr. rogers!!!  :devil:

you know what who talking about Takara!  :lol:

I love Mr. Dressup!!!! (Rest in peace Ernie Coombs!!! We miss you!)

You might be too young to remember The Friendly Giant bysty but I loved that show too. "Look up, look way up and I'll call Rusty."

friendlygiant2.jpg

Magic School Bus

Reading Rainbow

Power Rangers (although I watched this mostly because I wasn't allowed to :lol: )

Inquiring Minds

Inspector Gadget

Arthur

Mr Dressup

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I love Mr. Dressup!!!!  (Rest in peace Ernie Coombs!!! We miss you!)

You might be too young to remember The Friendly Giant bysty but I loved that show too.  "Look up, look way up and I'll call Rusty."

friendlygiant2.jpg

Yes, rest in peace Mr. Coombs. :laugh: :lol:

But yes I do remember The Friendly Giant. I loved that show too. The good old CBC aired it after Mr. Dressup in re-run form. I always liked how small the village looked at the beginning compared to The Friendly Giant. Good Stuff. Good Stuff. (The CBC has given us some GREAT shows over the years.)

OK, got to add more!

Reading Rainbow(Especially the Trek episode)

The Wuzzles

Used to watch Magic School Bus( with my brother when he was little)

Kids Incorporated

reruns of the Original Mickey Mouse Club

Looney Toons

Hey Dude

Transformers

She-Ra

He-Man

Muppet Babies

The Muppet Show

Fraggle Rock

Schoolhouse Rock ( :laugh: Still cannot recite the Preamble of the US Constitution without singing it! :lol: or the 3's times tables for that matter)

And does anyone remember... Mousercise (the exercise show where Disney characters would join in)???

OMG! And I actually read more than I ever watched TV...and this is quite a list when you add the ones from my first post!

My mom once told me and my siblings about HR Pufnstuff... :laugh:

Back when I was growing up there was no such thing as cable! We only had 4 channels.CBS,NBC,ABC,and Public television.

I'm showing my age here but I remember watching Captain Kangeroo back when he was living on a boat! Bunny Rabbit and Mr.Moose were on board as well along with a talking octopus that would visit from time to time.

The other shows I liked as I got a little older were Time Tunnel,Lost in Space, and Land of the Giants. I guess I've always been a Sci Fi fan!

I am a little older than you. I liked The Outer Limits and The Twilight Zone, the originals. Yes, I saw them when they were first run. I even watched a little Science Fiction Theater. I watched some of Star Trek, TOS when I could. It did not fall on a good time for me. I also liked The Time Tunnel. I did not see much of The Land of the Giants. My sister liked Lost in Space. The show eventually lost out in ratings because of Batman.

It was truly a cool thing when Star Trek returned in reruns. I got to watch it every night at 6:00PM on the now gone Kaiser Broadcasting. Star Trek truly got a shot in the arm from that.

I remember the two that Takara mentioned and i loved them. I also had a huge crush on Speed Racer. I wanted to be Tricksy (or how ever you spell it) so bad i could taste it! There was also George of the Jungle and Super Chicken!!!!!

I grew up in Chicago and there was a local show called Bozo the clown that i watched all the time too and love. I still remember trying to do the five buckets contest thing.

there was another local one called Ray Rainer that i loved and a Jewish aimed show that featured a character named "Tiny" that was very cool.

Later I got in to Lost in space and TOS and all and i remember begging to stay up to see the Six Million doller man and The Bionic woman.

There was also George of the Jungle and Super Chicken!!!!!

OMG! Super Chicken, and George of the Jungle! I am not sure if they are still playing, but they used to play reruns of those on Nickelodeon. I liked the themes from those so much that I have both themes on CD. I even did a floor routine from the theme song to George of the Jungle.

The Fractured Fairytales and Dudley DoRight were two others I also watched.

And, I know the Bozo show(I think his show played on WGN??)

Adding more to the list....

TNG(isn't this one obvious)

TOS, Twilight Zone, I Love Lucy(in reruns)

In Living Color(don't know why....just some parts of the show were funny)

Saved By the Bell

X-Files

The Operation

My all time favorite childhood show would have to be the "Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers". The original and best power rangers show by far.

Mirax Terrik

USS Gambit - groups.yahoo.com/group/ussgambit/

Fraggle rock

The Muppet show (in re-runs)

She-ra

Jem

MM power rangers

Reading rainbow

TNG

TOS

Ninja Turtles

Peewees play house