Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STF Raffle to win the ultimate Star Trek collection?

Would you participate in a Raffle to win the ultimate Star Trek collection?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a Raffle to win the ultimate Star Trek collection?

• Yes, I'd jump at the chance!
    • No, I wouldn't be interested
    • Other (Please explain below)

After seeing the news of the "Ultimate Star Trek DVD collection" and after seeing the large price tag on it ($2,500) I got an idea and I want to see if there's any interest in it.

My idea is to have a raffle here on STF.NET. The details are still being discussed among the Mods and Admins but baiscally it would be something like this (which is subject to change between now and such time that the raffle would actually begin):

Each Raffle ticket would cost $25, only members of STF may purchase tickets and there is no limit on how many tickets may be purchased. You would have to be 18 or older to purchase tickets or have a parent purchase it for you.

The raffle would only take place if we sell enough tickets to pay for the set, which is $2,500. If we did not sell enough tickets to pay for the set then all raffle money that was paid in would be refunded back.

If we sold enough tickets to buy multiple sets then we would purchase and raffle off those as well. So if we raised enough to buy 3 full sets then all 3 sets would be raffled off, possibly breaking one of the sets into individual series sets to be used as 2nd place prizes with the movies acting as 3rd place prizes.

So my question is this, would anyone be interested in participating in this?

Here's the ultimate collection for the ultimate fan. This 212-disc behemoth encompasses five broadcast series and 10 feature films and is, with a few exceptions, all the Trek a Trekker could want. Start with the original series, which in 1966 set out to boldly go where no series had gone before, beginning a three-year mission that led to a franchise that would last decades. The original Enterprise crew was led by Captain Kirk (William Shatner) and included first mate and science officer Spock (Leonard Nimoy), medical officer "Bones" McCoy (DeForrest Kelley), and Chief Engineer Montgomery Scott (James Doohan). The show lasted a mere three seasons, but devoted fans and syndication kept the franchise alive til its first feature film, Star Trek: The Motion Picture (1979). ~ Amazon.com

Product Description:

This is the ultimate collection for any Star Trek fan. It includes the following: Star Trek: The Motion Picture DVD Collection (all 10 2-disc Star Trek Motion Picture Special Collector's Editions) The Boxset of the Complete Series of Enterprise (Seasons 1 - 4) The Boxset of the Original Star Trek Series (Seasons 1 - 3) The Boxset of the Complete Series of The Next Generation (Seasons 1 - 7) The Boxset of the Complete Series of Deep Space Nine (Seasons 1 - 7) The Boxset of the Complete Series of Voyager (Seasons 1 - 7)

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00...4145324-6663323

As of right now it looks like Region 1 is the only thing available. So if you live outside of the US or Canada you would need a DVD player that will play Region 1 discs.

It sounds great, I'd do it. But to raise $2,500 you'll need to sell a 100 tickets, which I am fairly doubtful of. How about if you don't raise all that money you raffle something else as a backup? Depending how much money you make.

Sounds Great! I would definitely buy several tickets!... :frusty:

Did you vote in the poll?

oops.......I did now!... :laugh:

I would love to be in the raffle.. but i'm not 18 and my mom is working lot's, so she isn't home a lot, so she couldn't sign. But, i bet a lot of other ppl would be interested.

I would love to be in the raffle.. but i'm not 18 and my mom is working lot's, so she isn't home a lot, so she couldn't sign. But, i bet a lot of other ppl would be interested.

I'm sure if you explained to her what it was for she'd do it for you.

It's not that she wouldn't, it's that she can't. She works way to much (she is working an hour and a half away, approx., and she just stays at some friends we know around there) And probably won't be off till christmas again..

As of right now it looks like Region 1 is the only thing available. So if you live outside of the US or Canada you would need a DVD player that will play Region 1 discs.

It seems that we've lost the poll on this thread. I am going to re-add the poll. Everyone that voted previously will need to vote again.

I know the vote count was 15 Yes, 1 No and 1 Other.

I would love to participate in the raffle...hehe, I would love to win that prize, too. But I'm a lowly, broke, working college kid, and I can't afford 25 dollar tickets...maybe if it was like ten...but then if it was a lower price i would probably buy more thinking i was getting a good deal, when actually i would be spending more than 25 dollars....eh. But yea, it sounds like a great idea, I hope it works!

I would love to participate in the raffle...hehe, I would love to win that prize, too. But I'm a lowly, broke, working college kid, and I can't afford 25 dollar tickets...maybe if it was like ten...but then if it was a lower price i would probably buy more thinking i was getting a good deal, when actually i would be spending more than 25 dollars....eh. But yea, it sounds like a great idea, I hope it works!

The dollar amount isn't set in stone, if we can get 250 tickets sold @ $10 each that would be great but the key to having the raffle is selling enough to pay for the set.

:frusty: would i??OH hell yeah...wow that would make a great christmas gift for me :laugh:[

Edited by hangon

As I said, it may not be $25. I'm just trying to see if there's enough interest, if this were to come about it likely wouldn't happen until December at the earliest and maybe even into January. I'm still researching different aspects of it including the "interest" factor.

If it was possible i'd like to have the chance to win the Ultimate Star Trek Collection all 5 Series and 10 films on DVD but what amount would the ticket cost and I'm way over 18 (Am Guessing its in "US Funds") happened to see one time all 10 films on DVD one time at Fye store in Plattsburgh but it just didn't say the amont on the package paid about $115 something for the Whole LOTR film collection on DVD the Special Extended DVD Editions.

:laugh::frusty::laugh::laugh:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

Yep, I would. Just one question though. who pays for p&p? Because i think it would cost quite a bit,especially if the winner doesnt live in US or Canada.