Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

STF Raffle to win the ultimate Star Trek collection?

Would you participate in a Raffle to win the ultimate Star Trek collection?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Would you participate in a Raffle to win the ultimate Star Trek collection?

• Yes, I'd jump at the chance!
    • No, I wouldn't be interested
    • Other (Please explain below)

It does sound interesting, however, I would only go for the TNG portion of it and maybe DS9 for my brother, and some of the movies (II, III, IV... only those because I already have all the TNG ones)... so more than likely I would not be entering. It would be cool if someone could win the set though.

Edited by Yillara_Skye

I've just gotten back from yet another trip out of state and wanted to respond and update this.

First, as Jack_Bauer said any money collected would be used to purchase the DVD's. So in essentially the winner would get the money but it would be in the form of the DVD's as opposed as being cash.

Second, I've spoken with some State officials to see what I need to do in order to make this all legal and legit and there's some things that I'll need to do to be able to have the raffle. That being the case it may take a few months (4 to 6) to get all of the permits and so forth. The reason for that is because we'd basically be running a "lottery" with a substantial prize and that's considered gambling which is tightly regulated. It would be a different story if I were just giving the set away with no requirement to buy a ticket but since I can't afford to give $2,500 away I'll have to jump through the hoops that the State of Virginia wants me to jump through lol.

I'll work on it and if we can make it happen then rest assured we will.