Sign in to follow this  
prometheus

The luxury liner

The Enterprise D was dubbed a flying hotel. Did you like the pastel shades, the wallpaper, the plants, the carpet? The pictures on the wall. Or was it too woosey for you! Not macho Star fleet.

I liked it better than the black and grey look..

However the purple (IMO) just wasn't the right shade... :biggrin:

I think it was just a little too hotel like for my taste, personally I think the interiors of Voyager and Enterprise NX-01 hit the spot on what the interior should look like for their times. JMHO. :biggrin:

Well, you have to consider something that the other ship wasn't build for.

The Enterprise-D was for the crew and their families.

A lot of non Starfleet personnal were on board.

So, being like a spacey hotel isn't a bad thing considering that

I just LOVE the design of the Enterprise D, the walls, the floor... Ah I want to live there every time I see it :biggrin:

Though I like the Enterprise E better because it is darker but still full of luxury...

Mrs. Captain Picard

I loved the look of the Enterprise D. It was very homey. The Enterprise E was way too dark for my tastes.

I loved the look of the Enterprise D. It was very homey. The Enterprise E was way too dark for my tastes.

I love the look of the Enterprise-E yes it's really dark but it works so well. It has the look of a warship with all the luxurys of home.

Stardate:213529.1

I think it looked good.Although I like the look of the Enterprise E better

It depends. If I was living on it then... :laugh:

However that's not possible, at least untill I build my own scale replica model in my shed...

For watching purposes, I thought that it was okay if a little too 'cutesy'. The Ent-E, Defiant, Voyager and the good old NX-01 got it just right.

The Ent-D looked mighty fierce in Generations though...

I liked the Enterprise D's homey feel because it was a huge contrast to the original Enterprise and it's movie version. But at the same time it could serve as a warship by separating from it's saucer section. Being the warmoger that I am I tend to prefer dark colors more weapons and no kids on the ship.

I liked them all, really. But Ent D decor was my favourite because it just felt so comfortable. It wasn't a war ship, it was like a traveling community, and it was decorated as such.

I liked both the Enterprise-D and E. The D was durring a time when space explorration was at it's peak where as the E was durring a time of conflict and war. Thus the D is a massive explorrer while the E is a smaller, still large, explorrer/battleship.

That's how I like to look at it. :lol:

Agreed, CJLP. with families on the D, there could not be the battleship feel, too dangerous with the wife and kids there, but on the E, there are not kids, so the battle look was fine.

The Enterprise-E is probably (pardon the pun) the best of both worlds, in terms of providing most of the luxuries of modern 24th century life while not looking like a frickin' hospital. I always thought the Enterprise-D looked too bright and cheery, much like a hospital, and I guess somewhat like a hotel. Besides, the Enterprise-D looked horrible on the big screen, while the Enterprise-E looked spectacular in the movies. Obviously, a set made for television doesn't always translate well onto a movie screen, and the Enterprise-E set was designed specifically for movie screens, but still, the Enterprise-E just looked better, hands down.