Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

Outside your window...

It snowed last night... we got a blizzard! :giggle:

Stop whining.

I'm whining because I want more snow though lol I'd love to have a storm like you get up there at the North Pole lol

Let's see....in December we set a weather record for the most snowfall since they started keeping records. In January we set a record for the coldest temps since they started keeping records....are you sure you want my weather?

Stop whining.

I'm whining because I want more snow though lol I'd love to have a storm like you get up there at the North Pole lol

Let's see....in December we set a weather record for the most snowfall since they started keeping records. In January we set a record for the coldest temps since they started keeping records....are you sure you want my weather?

You saw how much snow we've had this year in those pics, yeah I'd take some snow lol

Want to hear something funny? A couple weeks ago they called for a snow storm the next day, so all the schools closed down... the snow never showed up lol

Stop whining.

You saw how much snow we've had this year in those pics, yeah I'd take some snow lol

Want to hear something funny? A couple weeks ago they called for a snow storm the next day, so all the schools closed down... the snow never showed up lol

Rob told me about that. I told everyone at work and they thought it was hilarious. I have no idea why the idea of snow starts a panic out there.

This wasn't "outsite my window" but it was outside... lol

This was taken back in October 2007 at an event called "Homearama", which is something that is done every year in the Hampton Roads area where a housing development is featured to showcase the newly constructed houses that are for sale. The showcase houses are all completely furnished and decorated by local companies and it's open to the public (for a $10 fee). It's sort of a "county fair" atmosphere where food is sold and venders from the local home improvement stores set up stands.

Anyway, this was the only time I've attended because my mother had gone and she wanted me to see some of the houses (mostly because of the home theaters that they had and she knew I was thinking about building one myself).

The last house we stopped at was one that the owner of a local (and large) pool company had built for himself. It was something like a $3 or $4 Million house. Very nice and very large. It even had an elevator in it so you could easily go from the ground floor to the second or third floor.

I only took a couple of pics, but these are them.

Unfortunatelyy, I don't have a professional camera with zoom lenses but got these shots this evening - I went running out the door as soon as they said lift out - next time I just need to go outside before they say lift off and get a better angle

post-16-1237162801_thumb.jpg

post-16-1237162824_thumb.jpg

Unfortunatelyy, I don't have a professional camera with zoom lenses but got these shots this evening - I went running out the door as soon as they said lift out - next time I just need to go outside before they say lift off and get a better angle

discovery_date_stamp_cropped.JPG

I'm thinking about taking the Amtrak down for the next launch.

feb_09_052.jpg

Do you let the chickens out in the yard or keep them in the coup all the time?

feb_09_052.jpg

I let them out when I'm out back to keep them away from the garden.

feb_09_052.jpg

I let them out when I'm out back to keep them away from the garden.

Teach them any tricks yet? Fetch maybe?

I just love looking at the different pictures that are posted.

Me too, especially the ones posted from other countries. It's a chance to see a snapshot into someone elses existance. That's one of the reasons I installed the photo gallery.

Beautiful! I love the color in the 2nd pic.

That's before they were in full bloom so a lot of the pink was still showing. The neighbors all love them, the lady next door said that she's even had family come out just to take pictures of them lol.

She's always really disappointed each year when the blooms fall off... well they don't really 'fall' off, they're pushed off by the green leaves coming out.

The Hampton Coliseum (in Hampton, Va of course):

060109_14241.jpg

Every time I go into this building for a Computer show or something I am struck with the thought that Elvis had been there in the 70's lol. If you've ever seen the Elvis movie "Elvis: On Tour" where they follow him on tour in the early 70's much of the footage was shot in that building.