Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

VaBeachGuy

Outside your window...

Want to go to Burger King? I'm hungry...

At about 2 minutes in you can hear me texting you :blink:

Want to go to Burger King? I'm hungry...

At about 2 minutes in you can hear me texting you :blink:

I know, when the phone went off I knew the camera would pick it up :o

She's still sleeping, I'll show her when I get home.

About mid way through the video you can see how the back yard flooded up close to the house. It rained A LOT and hard at times yesterday. So much so that I saw some whole yards that were almost completely flooded when I went to Burger King yesterday.

About mid way through the video you can see how the back yard flooded up close to the house. It rained A LOT and hard at times yesterday. So much so that I saw some whole yards that were almost completely flooded when I went to Burger King yesterday.

I've got both kids hanging on me watching the videos :blink:

I've got both kids hanging on me watching the videos :blink:

:o Sometimes kids can be easy to entertain, maybe they'd like to see some jets flying in the sky? The F-18's are flying right now lol

These weren't "Outside my window" but they were "Up on my Roof" since I had to get up there to put some roof tar around my satellite dish (all the rain from yesterday pointed out that it was leaking where the dish is installed). Since I was up there and the F-18's were flying I took some video and these pics are stills that I pulled out of the video.

So close you can see the pilot:

IMG_0239.JPG

I was out on the deck a little while ago and the moon looked pretty cool... so I decided to test out the zoom of the new camera. The extreme closeups are at a zoom of 200x.

IMG_0256.JPG

IMG_0257.JPG

IMG_0260.JPG

IMG_0261.JPG

IMG_0262.JPG

IMG_0263.JPG

These were extreme close ups so they're a bit blurry...

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_0255.JPG

Very cool :)

Thanks, I'm really happy with the new camera. The extreme zooms of the moon are blurry but considering that the moon is 200,000 or so miles away and I can stand on my deck and get close up pics of the craters I think that's pretty cool lol

Just some lightning from the storm blowing in. The lightning is at about 15 seconds.

The night sky with little clouds and yesterday was not good had a bad storm out there alot of lightning

This wasn't outside my window at home, but I did see it outside the window of our hotel in San Francisco recently:

Click for Spoiler:

100_1028.jpg

100_1029.jpg

I wonder what that enormous lime does for the car's aerodynamics...I bet it pulls a bit to the left at high speeds. :blink: I can't imagine driving that down the road (but it'd be worth seeing people's reactions).

drangon_fly.jpg

This summer after I cut my grass there was hundreds of those flying all over my back yard. I assumed that they were "hunting" for smaller insects that were disturbed by the grass cutting. It was really cool to see them all flying around the yard though.

drangon_fly.jpg

This summer after I cut my grass there was hundreds of those flying all over my back yard. I assumed that they were "hunting" for smaller insects that were disturbed by the grass cutting. It was really cool to see them all flying around the yard though.

I don't see them very often around here, that's why I grabbed the camera when I saw it on the yucca

drangon_fly.jpg

I don't see them very often around here, that's why I grabbed the camera when I saw it on the yucca

It must be too hot for them there. They're all over the place here in the summer.

drangon_fly.jpg

It must be too hot for them there. They're all over the place here in the summer.

I don't think it's the heat so much as it's too dry for them. It's been raining like crazy the last few days and I'm starting to see them

drangon_fly.jpg

I don't think it's the heat so much as it's too dry for them. It's been raining like crazy the last few days and I'm starting to see them

Yeah, that very well could be. They do need the moisture.