Sign in to follow this  
Stephen of Borg

Would You Eat It?

Would You Eat A Peanut Butter Bacon and Banana Sandwich?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Would You Eat A Peanut Butter Bacon and Banana Sandwich?

• yes
    • no
    • maybe
    • I already have!

I was watching a documentary about sandwhiches on PBS and they said that Elvis' famous Peanut and Banana sandwiches also had bacon in it as well. I have always wonder what it would taste like so I plan to have one tonight just to see what it's like.

I'd try it.

I am one of those "weirdoes" who likes to put jam on my breakfast sandwiches (with bacon) instead of mayo or ketchup, I don't mind if syrup gets on my eggs and I like McDonalds McRib sandwiches (which btw are back for a limited time :lol:) so I guess I could like PB, banana and bacon; it does sound good. :frusty:

Gee, AE, all this time I've been putting strawberry jam on my egg McMuffin - I didn't know I was a weirdo. :lol:

I would try the PB, Banana & bacon; actually I prefer banana & mayo to banana & pb; now that might not be bad with bacon.

Um......................no. :(

Though, my Mom used to make this concoction.

butter on bread

peanut butter over that

and a touch of mayo

Then she'd warm this all together under the broiler.

It tasted awful to me, but the smell was comforting. :(

the Peanut Butter Bacon and Banana sandwich is actually really good. I liked it so much that I had it for supper and again for breakfast this morning. Very good indeed. Here's the recipe I used, very simple, just a basic sandwich

put creamy peanut butter on both pieces of bread

then add one sliced banana

Then the bacon goes on top of that

then honey goes on top of that

then all you have to do is fry it like a grilled cheese sandwich

and it is very tasty

DID SOMEONE MENTON PEANUT BUTTER?! :( :( :( :( :) :hug:

I'd try it as a dare, maybe. You think that is manky (aka not nice) try this:

Click For Spoiler
A handful of Cereal

Maple Syrup

Coffee Granuals

A crunched up cracker

Peanut Butter

Marmalade

Salad Cream

Mayo

Beetroot

Yoghurt.

(This is what you call a dare!)

As a Elvis fan have tried them.

Not a big peanut butter fan but not bad.

One of thoose things that are bad for you

(you can hear your arteries harding :( )

but would not go out of my way to make one.

Gee, AE, all this time I've been putting strawberry jam on my egg McMuffin - I didn't know I was a weirdo. :rolleyes:

:hug:

B)

THen a HUGE amount of people would be weirdoes... I know a ton of people who put jam on a bunch of different breakfast sandwiches, whether it be McD's or not. :)

And my mom likes having this crepe at this one resteraunt. Where it has eggs, bacon, cheese, and other breakfast stuff wrapped in a crepe (or when she made them at home, a pancake). Then goes and sometimes puts ketchup on it. *shivers* I do not mind my food touching or mixing, but I will go out of my way to not let my pancakes touch any of the other breakfast foods. I can't stand pancakes with the taste of bacon (since I do not eat sausage), or steak or chicken, or eggs on it. And definately not the cheese.

As for the sandwich mentioned.. take the bacon off of it and maybe I would eat it. PB is good with strawberry jelly or with sugar or chocolate... but not so much with bananas IMO. Same thing with bananas.. they are better alone, with strawberry or chocolate.

@ Cara

I'd try it as a dare, maybe. You think that is manky (aka not nice) try this:

When reading that spoiler... I might not eat a sandwich like that, however my younger brother might... I mean, after all, he eats a sandwich with lasagne, turkey and stuffing, and Miracle Whip salad dressing on it. And that is one of his less weird sandwich combos

Edited by Yillara_Soong

@ ^ it was a dare with my friend. We shared the bucket being sick after. It's hard to hide evidence when my mum walks in... :rolleyes:

@ ^ it was a dare with my friend. We shared the bucket being sick after. It's hard to hide evidence when my mum walks in...  :laugh:

351962[/snapback]

LOL, true.

:laugh: Ohhhh hell no i wouldnt eat that :laugh: ...first..i dont like peanut butter its disgusting...and banana and bacon is not a combination i would even dare try :yahoo:

I had one- It was pretty good(Go Elvis) but i don't want my arteries getting clogged so its not in my regular diet

thank god for Camp

Yes I would. Bacon sounds really nice....

BTW, you didn't mention peanut butter smooth or crunchy.

Its lunch time and I feel really hungry now.