Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sea trooper

The Last Star Trek Fan!

Thanks, Alterego! With your post count it will take me a year or three to get there :lol:

:(

Earthdate 0510.281

I have decided what I am going to be for Halloween. It isn't even on my list. I am going to be...

[Ash from the Evil Dead movies!]

All I need is a fake chainsaw, a shotgun (maybe fake), a blue dress shirt and some brown pants. Easiest costume ever. Now where to get a fake chainsaw...

Oh, and I rented the X-Files season 1 disk 1. I saw the first two episodes and they were pretty boring. I'll keep watching it to see if it gets any better or to see if there's any story whatsoever besides a new alien thing every episode, but I doubt it will be better than any Star Trek show.

Maybe a real one would be cheaper :wink2:

Earthdate 0510.282

I went to the mall, where there's a 365-day halloween shop, and looked around for my props. They were out of chainsaws and had no shotguns. There just happened to be another store that had chainsaws but they were flat, not suitable for my costume. I need a cubed one that I can stick my whole hand in. And at a toy store they didn't have any shotgun toys but they had a rifel toy which I didn't think looked right. I guess this costume will be a bit harder than I thought...

But it wasn't a total waste. I found Resident Evil 2! Two of them, actually. Yay! And I got Grand Theft Auto (the first one). I wonder how that will be.

*GASP* It turns out I didn't get GTA 1, but GTA 2! I must have read something wrong... But if anything I have the first one for PC, and they aren't much different.

Earthdate 0510.284

So today I rented The Gods Must Be Crazy, Raiders of the Lost Arc, and The Exorcist. I look forward to seeing them all, on my 3 days off of work.

Tomorrow (...later today) I am going to the theaters to watch Serenity. IMO it looks like crap, and I saw the first 9 minutes of the movie which didn't change my mind, but since everyone says it is so "fantastic" and such, I will check it out.

I watched the movie. It wasn't good but it wasn't bad either. It was just as I had expected it to be. To me it is just another movie. Nothing "fantastic" or "magnificent" about it.

Earthdate 0510.286

Resident Evil 2 is so much harder than the first one! First off, it has scary moments. I can't seem to keep my nerve. Second, it has ALOT of bosses. In the first one it was just the Tyrant, a plant, a spider, a snake, and all the normal mutants. Here, it's the normal mutants, a man infected with the G-Virus who you have to fight 5 forms of throughout the game, each harder than the last, another G-Virus mutation who spits out creatures that stop you from shooting it, a giant crocodile, a mini-Tyrant called Mr. X, and the latest Tyrant. Plus there's limited ammunition and revival. I have no idea how they expect me to keep alive, but I think other people have done it. I can do it too!

AHH! Stardates hurt my brain! I'm trying to study stardates for a project I'm working on, but it only results in pain! Here is what ST.com has to say about how stardates work:

Click For Spoiler
According to Gene Roddenberry in "The Making of Star Trek," stardates were originally created "simply to keep from tying ourselves down to 2265 ... " and to make clear that Star Trek was set in the future. There wasn't a method used to calculate the date, but the producers of the original show did keep a rough track of stardates and there was some logic as to how they progressed. However, as the shows aired out of order from the production order, the stardates would sometimes go backwards. To address this problem, Roddenberry formulated a clever explanation that used a bit of scientific double talk to make stardates sound more plausible, i.e. they "adjust for shifts in relative time which occur due to the vessel's speed and space warp capability ... "

By the time Star Trek: The Next Generation was produced, another digit was added to the stardates. According to Michael and Denise Okuda's "Star Trek Chronology," Gene Roddenberry added the extra digit to show how long had passed between the Original Series and the new show. The first digit used was a 4 and the second digit designated the show's current season. The last three digits before the decimal point would increase from 000-999 according to where in the season the episode took place.

As stardates don't really correspond to anything in reality, fans have taken it upon themselves to come up with their own version of dating based on the standard calendar. By using the year, month, day approach, the day the first episode of Star Trek aired, September 8, 1966, would appear as 6609.08.

So what, Generations takes place 2371 but the stardate is 48650.1. It makes no sense! I'll just make something up!

The project I am working on takes place in DS9's 3rd season before Generations.

Here is the stardare list from the beginning of DS9 season 3 to Generations:

The Search: 48212.4

The Search 2: 48213.1

House of Quark: 48224.2

Equilibrium: 48231.7

Second Skin: 48244.5

The Abandoned: 48301.1

Civil Defense: 48388.8

Meridian: 48423.2

Defiant: 48467.3

Fascination: 48441.6

Past Tense: 48481.2

Life Support: 48498.4

Heart of Stone: 48521.5

Destiny: 48543.2

Prophet Motive: 48555.5

Visionary: 48576.7

Distant Voices: 48592.2

Through the Looking Glass: 48601.1

Improbable Cause: 48620.3

The Die is Cast: 48622.5

Generations: 48650.1

This all takes place in the year 2371

Okay, I get a bit. The second number in the stardate is one year. DS9 season 3 is 48, while season 4 is 49 and season 2 is 47, and each season is exactly a year long. The last 4 numbers and the decimal, I still don't get.

And my avatar is two lickers from Resident Evil. If you cannot tell, I love the games, the movies, and the whole concept and story behind it. The Umbrella Corperation rocks!

B) Lickers are first introduced in the RE2 game, but if you have seen the movies, the main monster in the end of the first one is a licker, and there are 3 lickers in the church in the second one. Lickers are humans that have been double-dosed with the T-Virus. They are called "Lickers" in the game because of their 'lance-like tongue' that can pierce through a man's torso in an instant. Here is an explination of how Lickers are made from a RE message board I go to:

Click For Spoiler
When someone is infected with T Virus, they die and reanimate as a zombie. In this stage the T Virus is stable in keeping the brain and nerves intact as the body rots away.

Afterwards, if the zombie is injured, shot, smacked, or otherwise after infection, the T Virus awakens and begins to heal the zombie's injury and mutates it, making it stronger. The virus begins to rebuild the muscle and bone tissue, increasing the brain capacity and size, allowing it more range of motion and greater speed. Due to this increase in muscular/brain capacity, the skit sluffs off and the skull hemmorages, creating the Crimson effect, showing portions of brain and muscle as the outer tissue begins to sluff off.

After it has again been damaged, the T-Virus then awakens from its dormancy again, thus causing the Crimson zombie to continue to mutate, elongating its already humongous claws, further rupturing the skull, eventually leaving the skull on the ground, exposing the brain. This can be referred to as twice infected, as the T-Virus is dormant then awakens, causing further infection. After this, the skin completely sluffs off, leaving muscle and the apparent shoulderblades showing. It then crawls on all fours as the tounge elasticises and grows a bony structure on the end, like the sticky structure on a frog's tounge.

-by Trayton

Earthdate 0510.288

I'm trying to get my Jadzia sim to ask my Nerys sim to move in with her, but she's not budging. I designed Jadzia's house as much to the specifications of her actual quarters, but since I don't know the entire layout, here is my design:

Click For Spoiler
Jadziasquarters.jpg

So I beat the G-mutant as the first boss. It was cool the way it came in; the man infected with the virus implants a worm into the police cheif, who worked with Umbrella (the man is the creator of the G-virus, Dr. Birkin), and when my character comes in, the worm explodes out of the cheif and morphs into a big blobby thing with a long neck. So I shot it to death with a machine gun. Now I'm in the sewer, where I will most likely meet the second boss: a giant crocodile.

Next two bosses down. I fought the crocodile, which wasn't even ahrd. I ran down the passageway it was chasing me down and I would release a large chemical tank which the crocodile would grab and then... use your imagination. Watch Jaws too. There was blood everywhere. It was so cool! And the next boss was Dr. Birkin in his second form (it turns out you fight the first form in the last half of the game...?) and it wasn't that hard either. Just a few grenade-gun blasts and he's down... for now.

Earthdate 0510.290

I can't believe it. My coworker won Madonna concert tickets! I love Madonna! But she really deserves it, what with her husband leaving her after like ten years.

I'm tired and I work tomorrow. I don't like to work but I love money and buying things with that money! Well at least I don't like what I do at work. I really get stressed there. I need to find a job where I get to work by myself, doing whatever I need to do. No customers, no kids, and no customers. Paradise... :P

I need to find a job where I get to work by myself, doing whatever I need to do. No customers, no kids, and no customers. Paradise

Thats the kind of jobs I have but I'm having a hard time lately finding people who want to work......

Earthdate 0509.292

It's getting cooler outside! That means winter is coming. The weather will be cold again! I hate heat! Cold is so much better... *continues plan to destroy the sun*

I saw Thelma and Louise. Very good movie. Though I don't understand why they didn't go to the police straight after the killed the guy (even why Louise killed him), and why they killed themselves. Even though we don't see them die, you can't fall into the gand canyon and live, unless you are some kind of mutant, or immortal, which I doubt either Thelma or Louise are.

Earthdate 0510.293

I changed my avatar, once again. It is another RE monster from the first game, and I think it is the freakiest of them all. The Chimera. It sucks that they're only in one part of the game, and in the very end.

Chimeras:

These guys are puzzling. You can sit there thinking about what kind of creatures they really seemed to be. Found in the lab sections nearer the end of the game, these odd roof scuttling creatures love to do no more than slice at you with their sickle clawed arm. Their easy to avoid if you keep running through sections you find them in, they are basically hard to take out with just about everything except for the Colt Python, and they are a real pest if you can't handle them correctly even with it.

Earthdate 0510.294

So I was playing RE2 with Leon (you can play as two characters who each have two games. Claire and Leon. When you play Claire's A-mission and complete it, you next play Leon's B-mission. And when you play Leon first you play Claire's B-mission. I finished my Claire A-mission, defeating the last 2 bosses who were Dr. Birkin's third and fourth forms. Then I started Leon's B-mission, that starts at the exact same time as Claire's missions. Here I fought Mr. X, who is a tyrant with an overcoat, and Dr. Birkin's first, and fifth (haven't fought it yet) forms.) and I was hunting a licker down a hallway. I had just killed another one and my health was low. As I walked slowly down the hall, listening to the licker's steps getting either louder or quieter, another one just jumped down from a ventilation shaft and killed me. It just killed me! Jumped down and immediately leaped up with its claws drawn and tore me apart. Crap!

I love Beavis and Butt-head! Probably the funniest show ever! It just makes me laugh all the time, even for what seems to be no reason at all!

(watching Star Trek TOS)

"Beavis... hey, Beavis!"

"What?"

"Those guys better watch out for the Klingons near Uranus."

Earthdate 0510.295

I saw Doom today. Great movie. Not so great monsters, but the concept and story were good.

I'm almost finished with Leon B of RE2. I just need to kill the main Tyrant, which turns out to be Mr. X that my dead girlfriend threw into molten metal and it mutated. I've been trying to kill it for like 5 times, but it always kills me first! I've tried the magnum and the sub-machine gun, but only the machine gun was able to hurt it enough for my supposedly dead girlfriend to drop a rocket launcher from the shadows for me to kill it, but like said, it killed me before I got to it. ARGH!

I DID IT! I beat the game! I killed the Tyrant! But I used one of my arch enemies; the analog. Ever since I got Dino Crisis which didn't use the analog sticks, I was forced to learn to use the D-pad. But over time it grew on me, and found the analog sticks to be useless. Now I always use the D-pad when playing playstation games. Since I was getting no luck with the D-pad, I gave in and used the analog, which RE2 supports. It enabled me to make sharper turns and snap moves. Still I was one hit away from dying, but I got the rocket launcher in time and blew that *beep* to bits!

Since I was so badly injured, I had to limp my way back to the train (the escape train, haven't you been paying attention?) and quickly kill a few naked zombies and I was on my way. But the final form of Birkin was right behind the door (to the next car! Jeez!) and it was a huge blobbing mass that inched it's way toward me. Luckily I was far enough away and I had one more rocket and a bunch of magnum rounds to spare. DESTROYED! And then end of game. The train blew up but me, Claire, and Dr. Birkin's daughter were able to escape just in time.

Now a new adventure begins... Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. Which takes place the day before RE2.

Odd moment. My brother asked me to come to the post office with him. It was 3:40 am. I just went along and we dropped off some envelopes into a mailbox and went to the gass station where he filled up his tank and bought me a Dr. Pepper and a Snickers. So we just came home and that was it. I was so tired I could barely comprehend what was going on.

Oh, I see you've noticed my new writing style. It's grown on me. :)

Well I just got back from work. We closed early for obvious reasons and I'm going to my sister's house now. See you whenever!

Earthdate 0510.302

Just when you thought the internet was safe again... Contrary to popular belief, sea trooper is alive and well. Being without power for 3 days, without cable for 4 days, and without internet for 6 days. Pure hell. But, it's good to be back.

Earthdate 0511.307

Now that I'm my sea troopery self again, it's safe to create logs again. I've been sick the past few days. I haven't been sick in a long time and I forgot how crappy it is! My throat hurts; it's dry and raw. Every time I caugh it hurts so I have to keep my throat moisturised.

Not only that, my brother put stupid Comcast internet that's connected right to our cable, and ever since the hurricane the cable goes out on a daily basis, and when the cable goes out so does the internet. I hate this! I need to get my old phone-cable again. At least it worked! :blush: