Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

If Star Trek were to end...

I guess I'd be upset, and devistated. But, I will know that I can still watch the DVD's and recordings of the shows, and there is still merchendise out there to collect.

Even if it ends, I don't think the fans are going to sit there and just watch it die. They'll fight for it. At least I hope so :lol:

I've coped with the loss of Gargoyles, so though I'll shed a few tears, I'll cope with Trek too :lol:

Picard please dont jinx it!!!!!!!!!

but if it was to end with enterprise I.......well lets just say there will always be reruns.

Star Trek will live forever in reruns. I'd just watch those until some new people come in and start up another show, much like after TOS. I still have a lot of Voyager, the first season of Enterprise, most of DS9, and Star Trek: VI to watch. That'd keep me busy for a while. And of course, books! Books, books, books! Star Trek will never just die, because it will never be forgotten.

I will be upset if no new series or movies are made..But I'll deal with it..After TOS and before ST TMP was tough but we got thru it. And things are much better now. With 5 TV series and 10 movies out and reruns on TV plus books and merchandise..STAR TREK WILL NEVER DIE...!

I hope it doesn't end anytime soon. But that's exactly why it's so important to me to collect all the DVD season sets.

Stardate:213499.9

I would be sad.I was sad when Quantum Leap ended but like everybody else said.LONG LIVE RERUNS!!!

I won't be devastated, but sad that they'll be no more new Treks if it finaly does end one day

To Quote Everyone's Favortie God-Wannabe

"Goodbye Jean Luc, I'm Going To Miss You.

You Had Such Potential, But Then Again All Good Things

Must Come To An End."

:laugh:

I would be devastated but even if that were to happen, we would still get 4-5 year of Trekkieness yet.

Even so, the thought of no more small futuristic badges that talk make me want to :laugh:

Star Trek will live forever in reruns.  I'd just watch those until some new people come in and start up another show, much like after TOS.  I still have a lot of Voyager, the first season of Enterprise, most of DS9, and Star Trek: VI to watch.  That'd keep me busy for a while.  And of course, books!  Books, books, books!  Star Trek will never just die, because it will never be forgotten.

The universe that Star Trek created will not die

So, books, rpg people and fans will always make it live...

I doubt if I would be devestated but nothing lasts forever so I think I would go to my favorite watering hole, order a pitcher of marguaritas (straight up, shaken and no salt), and begin toasting everything trek that I could think of. By the time I got to Voyager, I probably wouldn't remember what I was making all the toasts for and just continue doing it until bar time. Either that or doing Klingon head butts in honor of the series and those who created it.

;).....I'd go into withdrawal, so I'd need a good therapist.........No, actually I'd watch reruns like I do now, and enjoy the episodes that I have taped. ;)

Guest Ktrek

I'd watch my DVDs and read the Star Trek books. With over 400 fiction titles available I would have enough Star Trek to keep me happy at least until the drought is over and someone desides it's time to bring it back! ;)

Ktrek

Oh that would be it for me. Id slap on my seven of nine cat suit, tie my computer around my neck, and jump off the nearest bridge humming the TNG theme tune!

Not!

I wouldnt mind cause I think that it is going on too long and the diluted episodes are tainting my viewing pleaseure of the older better ones. There is less 'cult' status and more 'hum drum'.

I don't think it'd be too much of a problem for me if the Television series were to end, because more than I watch the show, I read the books, and those will continue on for ever and ever. (And ever.) If those were to end, though... I'd have go in denial and blow up the earth. :) d

Along with my petition for a DS9 mini-series and VOY tv movies, I'll have Stargate SG-1 and Everwood to fall back on, and maybe even a series of SG-1 movies! :)

SG-1 sucks.

'Let's go through a big hoop and explore the forest on the other side. Oh look. People who think we're gods. Let's save their entire planet from behind this tree.''

Besides there already has been a movie. It should have ended there.

Along with my petition for a DS9 mini-series and VOY tv movies, I'll have Stargate SG-1 and Everwood to fall back on, and maybe even a series of SG-1 movies! :)

SG-1 sucks.

'Let's go through a big hoop and explore the forest on the other side. Oh look. People who think we're gods. Let's save their entire planet from behind this tree.''

A little advice: don't make fun of stuff people like, you don't make friends that way. heh

Besides, I think the show rocks. If you cared to look at it more intelligently... The "big hoop" is the Stargate, a metallic ring made of an alien element that creates artificial wormholes, similar to the one from ST:DS9. As for the planets allways looking like Earth? Teal'c, one of the characters, explains that the worlds are terraformed for human life. The people who think they're gods don't think they are, they simply borrow the cultures and religions of ancient Earth to enslave uneducated humans. Anywho, hope this helps understand the series. :bow:

SG-1 sucks.

Actually, it doesn't suck. It flushes sideways. :)

I Love SG-1.

And To Be Honest, when I first sat down to try to watch it, I didn't think I'd Like It At all.

And the Trek Refrences O'Niell makes are Priceless :)

Me, too....

I would watch my TNG DVDs more often than today (actually I watch one every day B) ) and be very sad about it. But I think Star Trek will always be there even if it makes a bigger break.

Mrs. Captain Picard

SG-1 sucks.

A little advice: don't make fun of stuff people like, you don't make friends that way. heh

Besides, I think the show rocks. If you cared to look at it more intelligently... The "big hoop" is the Stargate, a metallic ring made of an alien element that creates artificial wormholes, similar to the one from ST:DS9. As for the planets allways looking like Earth? Teal'c, one of the characters, explains that the worlds are terraformed for human life. The people who think they're gods don't think they are, they simply borrow the cultures and religions of ancient Earth to enslave uneducated humans. Anywho, hope this helps understand the series. :(

Well i'm not going to change my opinions to please people. If a person cant take a bit of slaggin then he or she is not worth being friends with. SG1 still sucks. Shaving your head and slappin a plate on your forehead doesnt make you an alien.

Well i'm not going to change my opinions to please people. If a person cant take a bit of slaggin then he or she is not worth being friends with. SG1 still sucks. Shaving your head and slappin a plate on your forehead doesnt make you an alien.

I'm not trying to change your opinions, I just figured you were making fun of the show becuase you didn't understand it, so I tried to shead some light, that's all. :( "Slaggin"? :) Oh, and Teal'c isn't alien. Technically, he's human, but becuase he wasn't born on Earth, that's why they call him an alien. :)